Manti Te'o - LB - Notre Dame

1B4IDie

People are foolish...this kid is gonna be a player at the next level. They let ONE bad game determine his career at the next level while ignoring all the other games he played. There isn't a player in this draft who didn't have a bad game, but Teo's is magically declared the norm just because its Teo.

Don't worry he won't be there in the 2nd for us to decided...if he is, it's a slam dunk to take him there, tremendous value. He's gonna go in the first, and he is gonna go sooner than a lot of people seem to think. If he magically slips, Ravens will snatch him up just like when Suggs slipped and landed in there lap.

Don't be surprised to see him go in the teens of the first round

Just for the record, I don't think that highly of Te'o and I'm basing that on the fact that I saw every game ND played this year. Alabama just confirmed my suspicions all along. Suspicions that were also held by scouts all season long. Chiefly, that he wasn't fast to the hole, had limited lateral ability, and didn't look too explosive on the field. All year I kept waiting for this hyped player to play like his reputation and I seldom saw that player. Take a look at the Pitt and Stanford games and you'll see hints of what was to come against Alabama.

I like the kid personally and hope he has a long career. But I'd be shocked if he was anything more than ordinary at the next level.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Teo was a projected first rounder in 2011 if he came out. A heisman campaign season with 7 ints and the leader of a national championship contender shouldn't change much. Some bad press over a bad prank and one bad game which he had a lot on his mind and his defense was simply overmatched in that title game. I think he will still be a really good NFL player and an absolute steak at 41

I believe Teo was a projected first rounder in 2011 if he came out. A heisman campaign season with 7 ints and the leader of a national championship contender shouldn't change much. Some bad press over a bad prank and one bad game which he had a lot on his mind and his defense was simply overmatched in that title game. I think he will still be a really good NFL player and an absolute steak at 41

Steal, not steak (although he is a solid piece of man meat)

I, personally, don't want anything to do with that circus. Plus, if LB is the direction we go in round 2, I feel that there will be better options at #41.

1)Is it really that big a circus? It seems the medias already tired of it. Like it'll get some draft mentions and maybe an off references here or there but I don't think the circus would be pulling into town if we took him

2) hard to say. I think he's in the top 40 or so prospects, but I don't know if he will be the best option available at 41.

Something's just not quite there about him.

I'm thinking he's a poz at best.

Which as a second rounder, isnt half bad if he plays like poz

Edited by NoSaint

1)Is it really that big a circus? It seems the medias already tired of it. Like it'll get some draft mentions and maybe an off references here or there but I don't think the circus would be pulling into town if we took him

2) hard to say. I think he's in the top 40 or so prospects, but I don't know if he will be the best option available at 41.

Which as a second rounder, isnt half bad if he plays like poz

1. I don't know how big of a "circus" it would be, but I'd rather avoid any unnecessary outside distractions. Let some other team deal with that nonsense. I will agree, however, I think the worst of it is probably over.

2. A couple linebackers I would rather have (that may be around at #41) are Alex Okafor (Texas), Arthur Brown (K-State), and Khaseem Greene (Rutgers). If we go WR in round 2 (De'Andre Hopkins/Justin Hunter), a couple of LB's I like in round 3 are Sio Moore (UConn) and Jonathan Bostic (Florida).

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

Something's just not quite there about him.

I'm thinking he's a poz at best.

Comparing him to Poz is INSANE. Poz was polished, out of Linebacker U, and he was known. Not just one year, but a career. Poz was known not ot be blazing fast or super strong, but he is consistent and will be in this league longer then Te'o

Just for the record, I don't think that highly of Te'o and I'm basing that on the fact that I saw every game ND played this year. Alabama just confirmed my suspicions all along. Suspicions that were also held by scouts all season long. Chiefly, that he wasn't fast to the hole, had limited lateral ability, and didn't look too explosive on the field. All year I kept waiting for this hyped player to play like his reputation and I seldom saw that player. Take a look at the Pitt and Stanford games and you'll see hints of what was to come against Alabama.

I like the kid personally and hope he has a long career. But I'd be shocked if he was anything more than ordinary at the next level.

GO BILLS!!!

A kid with Teo's level of instinct can never be ordinary. I believe he will excel at some things, and not so much at others. Te'o will make some NFL DC very happy because HE WILL MAKE PLAYS. The question is, for how long?

Teo will be a tremendous addition to any defensive backfield. However, the week-to-week onslaught of the NFL, could eventually wear him down in a very Merriman-esque fashion. He'll be a star no question. -His longevity as a star, in my opinion, is suspect.

That said, I'd draft him anyway. His ability to diagnose offensive plays alone makes him an invaluable weapon. There's alot of intelligence, and (newfound) maturity to his kid. -Once guys stop planting blowup dolls in his locker, I think they'll come to respect him, and possibly follow his lead.

For the record, I'm 100% for us drafting Teo.

A kid with Teo's level of instinct can never be ordinary. I believe he will excel at some things, and not so much at others. Te'o will make some NFL DC very happy because HE WILL MAKE PLAYS. The question is, for how long?

Teo will be a tremendous addition to any defensive backfield. However, the week-to-week onslaught of the NFL, could eventually wear him down in a very Merriman-esque fashion. He'll be a star no question. -His longevity as a star, in my opinion, is suspect.

That said, I'd draft him anyway. His ability to diagnose offensive plays alone makes him an invaluable weapon. There's alot of intelligence, and (newfound) maturity to his kid. -Once guys stop planting blowup dolls in his locker, I think they'll come to respect him, and possibly follow his lead.

For the record, I'm 100% for us drafting Teo.

Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion and I can respect that but nothing I saw of his play this year say's "playmaker", his 7 INTs not withstanding. Heck, half of those came from tipped passes. As good as his recognition is, he lacks the speed and agility to exploit it. There are several better middle LBs available. We can do better.

GO BILLS!!!

I'll pass on Te'o. He's not worth the 2nd round pick it would cost to get him. I highly doubt we will take a WR at 8 so it becomes imperative that we get a WR or TE in the 2nd. There is no way Te'o lasts til the 3rd round so I don't really want any part of him.

Plus the whole fake girlfriend thing is worrisome. I think he knew about it on some level and that worries me.

I also think the Alabama game is very telling. He was abused and disappeared for the majority of the game. That Alabama team is the closest thing to an NFL caliber opponent and he failed miserably

After watching the Gruden ESPN thing, I dislike him a little bit less but I still wouldn't draft him in the first 2 rounds..

I'm still worried about his speed, he is slow to the ball and there were several bad plays where he blew coverages and was way to late, leading to huge gains for the other team..

Something is still off about this guy... is it the Hawaiian thing or does he seem a little dare I say "gay" to anybody else? Not that there's anything wrong with that :oops:

Awful, awful end of the season and offseason for him. But this maybe the best thing in the long run for him. He will drop in the draft, not have as much pressure, and then get drafted by a good defensive team (Steelers, Ravens, 49ers, etc.) I'm amazed at how terrible his year finished but I'm not completely writing him off yet.

I wanted the Bills to draft Brandon Spikes (in the second). He was slow, he ran 5.0 40. But he was a Baller, clearly could play football.

Brandon fell in the draft and landed right on the Patriots' lap. He had a rough start but now is one of the better LBs in the league.

The 40 time doesn't reflect his football ability.

Te'O will be one of the better LBs in the NFL, I have little doubt. Especially if he falls right in the hands of Pittsburgh, Baltimore or New England. I originally didn't mind taking Te'O as high as #8 based on his leadership qualities. I originally thought he could be the QB of the defense and raise the play of the players around him.

I followed the GF thing prior to being outed as a CatFish prank. He would talk endlessly in interviews about the letters his GF wrote before dying and how he would open each one up the night before the game. It seemed unbelievable like a hollywood movie (which I'm sure some script writers in Hollywood were already working on. {and probably stil are}) Now I think he was lying for most of this. You can't be a leader if everyone knows you're full of ****.

Maybe in a few years people will forget and follow him. However I wouldn't want to take the risk at #8 overall on a position that is already a risk to take at #8 overall.

But if he fell to #41 the upside is pretty damn high. You'd be hard pressed to find a player at #41 that has as high as an upside. Not to mention that is almost impossible that Te'O will be there at #41. An NFL GM is going to go for the upside.

(BTW all the people saying the watched all his games and thought he sux are either lying or brain dead. Especially calling out those calling out the Stanford game as a poor performance. Te'O dominated that game and made the play that prevented the ball from crossing the line of scrimmage. Yes the ball carrier did cross the line but the ball did not. )

Edited by Why So Serious?

I'd like to see either of those two in a Bills uniform, but it doesn't matter since the Bills braintrust never drafts anyone north of the Mason-Dixon line.

We've had a few from Penn State. Poz etc.

I'd offer Manti a contract with imaginary terms & money!

Comparing him to Poz is INSANE. Poz was polished, out of Linebacker U, and he was known. Not just one year, but a career. Poz was known not ot be blazing fast or super strong, but he is consistent and will be in this league longer then Te'o

You're comment is insane. Are you saying Te'o only had one good year at ND? Te'o is not known as being blazing fast or super strong but he's been CONSISTANTLY. Not sure how you know that poz will be in the league longer than Te'o, but can you tell me how you know? I figure I can make some money off of a talent like that.

You're comment is insane. Are you saying Te'o only had one good year at ND? Te'o is not known as being blazing fast or super strong but he's been CONSISTANTLY. Not sure how you know that poz will be in the league longer than Te'o, but can you tell me how you know? I figure I can make some money off of a talent like that.

Has been consistently what? Overrated?

FYI: Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports was just on the Dan Patrick show. Said he spoke with many NFL scouts who said T'eo is a product of the ND hype machine. In fact Cole was comparing T'eo to......(wait for it)......KIRK MORRISON!!! :w00t: Basically said if T'eo played anywhere but ND no one would be paying any attention to him.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

FYI: Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports was just on the Dan Patrick show. Said he spoke with many NFL scouts who said T'eo is a product of the ND hype machine. In fact Cole was comparing T'eo to......(wait for it)......KIRK MORRISON!!! :w00t: Basically said if T'eo played anywhere but ND no one would be paying any attention to him.

PTR

Morrison had a stellar start to his career. Amazing how fast he disappeared, and that we only know him as a guy that can't dress on Sunday.

PTR

Jason Cole? Isn't he a WWE announcer? Everyone has their own opinion of Te'o. Watching him over the years, I always thought he was a very good football player. I hate ND and root against them every game. I didn't think he was good because of hype nor because I like ND. I thought he was good based on his play. His soph-senior year his numbers were extremely consistant (minus the interceptions) across the board

Jason Cole? Isn't he a WWE announcer? Everyone has their own opinion of Te'o. Watching him over the years, I always thought he was a very good football player. I hate ND and root against them every game. I didn't think he was good because of hype nor because I like ND. I thought he was good based on his play. His soph-senior year his numbers were extremely consistant (minus the interceptions) across the board

Uh, no. Cole was a beat writer for the Dolphins for 15 years before joining Yahoo. And it's not his opinion, it's the opinion of NFL scouts he has talked to. See for yourself.

PTR

Awful, awful end of the season and offseason for him. But this maybe the best thing in the long run for him. He will drop in the draft, not have as much pressure, and then get drafted by a good defensive team (Steelers, Ravens, 49ers, etc.) I'm amazed at how terrible his year finished but I'm not completely writing him off yet.

I don't have a dog in this fight or even a formative opinion about Teo, but I do recall that Dwight Freeney was completely stonewalled by Bryant McKinnie in one of his final games for the Orangemen. People talked a ton about it then, saying that it suggested that he'd be a bust in the pros. Freeney has obviously been a far, far better player than McKinnie and one of the elite pass rushers of the past decade. The point is that we shouldn't read too much into one bad game. Payton Manning had a terrible game against the Falcons last year. Does that mean he's no good? Every player has a really bad game now and then.

Btw, Jason Cole is a very good and respected reporter.

Edited by dave mcbride