Manti Te'o - LB - Notre Dame

1B4IDie

Probably right where he did; it's not like he won it. If you have a nose for the ball, you have a nose for the ball. Ed Reed's pick in the SB was thrown right to him, no?

If people want to hate T'eo because of where he went to school they are entitled to that juvenile opinion, but those who dismiss 3 years of excellent work over one bad game seem pretty short-sighted to me.

But does he have a nose for the ball? In his first 3 years (1 as a part-time starter, 2 as a full-time starter), Te'o had a total of 0 interceptions. The 7 in his senior year look really fluky. On the other hand, his pass breakups (per wikipedia) were 1, 3, 2, & 4 in his 4 years -- last year was his best, but those are fairly consistent.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He won't drop out of the 1st. Ravens will take him if he falls that far, but I don't think he will.

No way the Ravens take him!!!

They like quick athletic lbs with a mean streak. What about Te'o says that???

Te'o will be around in the second and maybe even the third. No team is giving up their best pick for an average LB with a lot of drama around him,

i used to get killed for saying he was a reach at 8, and was blasted for saying he had no business in the discussion for the top 5 (or first overall).

my guess all season was mid-late first depending on how he clocked out. i think he mightve hurt his stock a little bit with the drama, the NC game, and slow time - but like you i agree that most scouts probably never had him high enough to let him plummet to begin with. going from the 20s to the 30s would hardly even be considered a drop. if hes there at 41, i wouldnt much complain about him as much as i hated the talk at 8.

Totally agree...

My argument against Te'o early on...way back when some folks were drooling for him as a Top 10 Pick...was simply that he was too slow to go that high (I had read somewhere that Te'o ran a 4.8 last Spring)...I never thought he was too slow to play ILB in the NFL, nor did I not like the kid (this was before the whole scandal of course)...But there was no way he was a top 10 caliber athlete...Look at Dion Jordan...Now THAT is a Top 10 athlete! Te'o is the type of prospect that, without the hype, you could get in the 2nd-3rd Round and he would have a solid career for you...But I could never understand why some folks thought he would go so high... B-)

Not sure, but 4.8 is definitely in the bottom half of the LBs at the combine. Given Teo's no-show in the championship game, legitimate questions about whether he is nothing more than a product of the Notre Dame hype machine, and the whole fake girlfriend fiasco, I think he'll drop like a stone.

You don't think anyone would look at the film of all the other games? Or should they just ignore those and chalk it up to the "hype machine"?

Suggs 40 was 4.84. Lewis 4.6. No practical difference from 4.8

let's see the official times. the nfl network times were next to worthless... not even close in many instances. i think they were a full .2 off in nassib's case and often at least a tenth. not sure the discrepancy but however they do it leaves a lot of room for error.

Oh, this too shall pass. But not now.

And the comparison to the military falls waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay short, for a TON of reasons.

No it doesn't... in fact, it is WORSE because with the players they have recourse through the unions, courts, etc. Military members are told what they have to accept and live with it, like it or not.

The guy has already answered this question in public. What's the point of asking him in private? Makes no sense.

The "reality" is that these locker rooms already have gay players in them.

I agree that it makes no sense to ask him in private because he'll say the same thing he did in public. I also agree that there are gay players in the league and it's mostly a "don't ask, don't tell" kind of thing. But with this odd GF story, a guy like Te'o will be scrutinized by his fellow teammates infinitely more than any other player will be, and if he is gay, he'll have to make the choice to be the first player to come out while still playing, or hide it extremely well.

4.8 is not bad for an inside LB. The real question is his 1st 10 yrd time -- it measures quickess off the ball and 1st move. rarely is a LB running 40 yards.

It's not good either...And it's DEFINITELY not Top 10 good...

While I agree a 4.8 will not exclude Te'o from playing ILB in the NFL, lets not forget the hype that was behind him as a prospect earlier...He's not even close to being a Top 10 prospect...I don't believe he is a 1st Round prospect...But we'll see... B-)

No way the Ravens take him!!!

They like quick athletic lbs with a mean streak. What about Te'o says that???

Te'o will be around in the second and maybe even the third. No team is giving up their best pick for an average LB with a lot of drama around him,

Guess we'll see.

No it doesn't... in fact, it is WORSE because with the players they have recourse through the unions, courts, etc. Military members are told what they have to accept and live with it, like it or not.

Right, they're were told that gays aren't allowed.

NFL players--the wealthy, been-pampered-since-they-were-12 people that they are-- they decide for themselves, and it's been bred into their culture for years. There are no mandates one way or another.

You tell me which culture is easier to break.

EDIT: Point of historical note!

Also: with so much more on the line, and with a virtual absence of entitlement (180 from an NFL locker room "culture"), and with unity in valor and mission that far outpaces what football players do for--at most--20 times a year, fellow military personnel are more likely to respect the man (or woman) for the man (or woman).

Edited by taC giB ehT

This guy should decline all invitations to be at the draft live - this has all the markings of they guy the camera cuts to as his stock falls further and further and you get to see his agony on live TV...

Absolutely. Not to mention he'll likely get heckled when he is picked. He should watch from Hawaii.

I don't care if Teo is a drag queen. I care if he can play. Based on the Bama game I have my doubts. His "3 years of excellent work" means nothing to me because I did not see him play those games and I have good reason to doubt his reports as biased. I saw the Bama game. He looked like how I would look if I played MLB. That wasn't just a bad day, it was getting your pants pulled down exposed at mid field.

PTR

Oh Puh-leeze! RYAN NASSIB RAN A 5.08!

-And he's on OFFENSE,

I got no problem whatsoever with 4.8... In fact I think it's GREAT news.. It means we can take a faster LB ahead of Te'o and then scoop him in the second or third! LET"S DO THIS OBD!!!