Its not time to panic

Billsrhody

Sunday was awful, but lets be honest.. Did anyone really expect them to go into San Fran and win? So far we've lost to two very good teams and one average team. Granted all of those loses were just plain terrible.

Either way, the rest of the season starts today:

@Arizona

Tennessee

@Houston

@New England

Miami

@Indianapolis

Jacksonville

St. Louis

Seattle (Toronto)

@Miami

New York Jets

We play two teams that we will likely lose too. Every other game on that schedule is winnable. We need to go into Arizona with a new sense of urgency and get above .500 before we go to Houston.

I know our team has looked absolutely terrible but look at the bright side.. they cant play any worse.

Edited by Billsrhody

Sunday was awful, but lets be honest.. Did anyone really expect them to go into San Fran and win? So far we've lost to two very good teams and one average team. Granted all of those loses were just plain terrible.

@Arizona - L

Tennessee - 50/50

@Houston - L

@New England - L

Miami - W

@Indianapolis - 50/50

Jacksonville - W

St. Louis - 50/50

Seattle (Toronto) - L (only because it is in TOR)

@Miami - L

New York Jets - 50/50

We play two teams that we will likely lose too. Every other game on that schedule is winnable. We need to go into Arizona with a new sense of urgency and get above .500 before we go to Houston.

I know our team has looked absolutely terrible but look at the bright side.. they cant play any worse.

THe way I see it, there are more guaranteed L's then there are guaranteed W's. A lot of 50/50 games that can go either way. IMO I think we are in for a long season. Fitz is 3-11 in his last 14 starts.

If a team gives up 48 points in their first game ... it's not yet time to panic

If a team gives up 52 points in their fourth game ... it's not yet time to panic

If a team gives up 45 points in their fifth game ... it's not yet time to panic

However if the above scores are the SAME team ... and they were billed going into the season as a defensive powerhouse it IS time to panic (especially if the coaching staff doesn't seem to know why we have been so dreadful)

If a team gives up 48 points in their first game ... it's not yet time to panic

If a team gives up 52 points in their fourth game ... it's not yet time to panic

If a team gives up 45 points in their fifth game ... it's not yet time to panic

However if the above scores are the SAME team ... and they were billed going into the season as a defensive powerhouse it IS time to panic (especially if the coaching staff doesn't seem to know why we have been so dreadful)

There's no reason they cant turn it around and get their confidence back with the string of quarterbacks they play in the next 11 weeks. During that entire stretch we play 1 great QB, 1 good QB and 1 pretty good QB. The rest are average or bad.

I agree with this setiment, I can't believe how crazy Bills nation is going. Cmon guys, we knew we wouldn't win these games on the schedule, granted we didn't expect it to be in blowout fashion, but we're in good position to go into the bye week with a 4-3 record. It's not soo bad. The good thing about these last two blowout wins is, regardless of the score and how we played, they count as ONE loss each. Don't lose faith until we're mathematically out of the playoffs!!!

The Bills will get between 6-8 wins this year, assuring themselves a mid range draft pick and securing years more of stagnation. You're right that it's not time to panic, it's time to accept that the Bills are a below average team, with extermely poor defensive coaching, that is still a long way from the playoffs.

The playoffs will not magically fix the defensive problems- you don't play "winnable" games in the playoffs with the defense we have...

No they wont magically fix the problems, but time together to gell and getting it together for the final playoff push could make them better. Lets wait and see.

There's no reason they cant turn it around and get their confidence back with the string of quarterbacks they play in the next 11 weeks. During that entire stretch we play 1 great QB, 1 good QB and 1 pretty good QB. The rest are average or bad.

Which of those catagories would you place Alex Smith, and Mark Sanchez?

It's still stunning to see in the paper this morning that Buffalo is 2-3 and essentially tied for 2nd in the AFC East. Those 3 losses feel like 6. It FEELS like this team is 2-6 right now.

Because they pretty much gave up 6 games worth of points.

Agree it far to early to give up on season as we have waited over a long off season for Bills football to begin once more. At present a most bleak period of time though, thus far not much positive and it hard to find something to base any optimism on. At some point followers need be rewarded with something, someone to base some hope on.

I agree as we'll. My biggest problem with the comments I've seen on this board is the fact that there were a ton of people before the season started that were expecting the defense to take time to gel (as it is now) and that we could realistically be 3-5 or so before the easier half of the schedule starts. Now that is all coming to fruition and a good number of people here are ready to jump ship. Sure, the losses have been bad, but most people can't say they expected the team to be 5-0 or even 4-1 at this point.

Agree it far to early to give up on season as we have waited over a long off season for Bills football to begin once more. At present a most bleak period of time though, thus far not much positive and it hard to find something to base any optimism on. At some point followers need be rewarded with something, someone to base some hope on.

And that is exactly why the mood around this team is so horrendous. In the last 2 games, there has been absolutely nothing to base some hope on. Not even a good play.

Will this defense gel a little? Will the players lose all confidence and suck it out. Quite honestly, I have no clue. But, after the last two weeks, its certainly hard to have any hope that they will improve.

Cool, so MAYBE the team can beat "average or bad" teams. Man, I feel great now. Then with some luck we can play all the "bad" playoff teams and hoist the Lombardi. When does the reality that we are at this moment, record aside, the worst team in the NFL? There is NO defense in our league. Were that special.

Let's wait and see....really? It seems to me that wait and see is the plan put in place by OBD at this point. This just in: Wait and see rarely leads to positive outcomes. Reasoned action is better than reaction any time.

Which of those catagories would you place Alex Smith, and Mark Sanchez?

Smith is pretty good, although his supporting cast is the best in the league.

Sanchez is bad. I'm willing to give the Bills a pass on the Jets game in week 1. The team is much different now then it was then (no holmes, hill, revis)

@Arizona

Tennessee

@Houston

@New England

Miami

@Indianapolis

Jacksonville

St. Louis

Seattle (Toronto)

@Miami

New York Jets

Not time to panic but definitely time to be pissed after the off-season expectations.

all I can say is... have you been watching the games?

I look at the schedule and see 2 possible wins against the Titans and Jags.....maybe! The Dolphins just beat the Bengals in Cincy. The Colts just beat Green Bay. The Rams just beat Arizona who is 4-1

Get a grip on reality willyas! The Bills have they very worst defense in the history of the franchise! 600+ offensive yards to the ground and pound 49ers,they set an NFL first record. 1st team to give up 300 yards rushing AND 300 yards passing in a game.

P.S. A lot of those games would be winnable if the GM / owner fired the HC and DC today. I could see 8 wins with a better coaching staff

all I can say is... have you been watching the games?

I look at the schedule and see 2 possible wins against the Titans and Jags.....maybe! The Dolphins just beat the Bengals in Cincy. The Colts just beat Green Bay. The Rams just beat Arizona who is 4-1

Get a grip on reality willyas! The Bills have they very worst defense in the history of the franchise! 600+ offensive yards to the ground and pound 49ers,they set an NFL first record. 1st team to give up 300 yards rushing AND 300 yards passing in a game.

P.S. A lot of those games would be winnable if the GM / owner fired the HC and DC today. I could see 8 wins with a better coaching staff

There is no way our defense is as bad as the defense we've seen on the field in the past two games. It just isn't possible to be that bad for a whole season. They will get better.

I am anything but a Fitz supporter, but even he is not as bad as he's played in the last two games. He has been horribly inconsistent on his throws and has been a turnover machine. He will get better.

The coaching has been absolutely abysmal on the defensive side of the ball. I'm not sure if this will get better, but it cant get any worse.

Kolb

Locker/Hasselbeck

Schaub

Brady

Tannehill

Luck

Gabbert

Bradford

Wilson/Flynn

Tannehill

Sanchez

Who scares you so much that you only think they'll win two more games?

There is no way our defense is as bad as the defense we've seen on the field in the past two games. It just isn't possible to be that bad for a whole season. They will get better.

I am anything but a Fitz supporter, but even he is not as bad as he's played in the last two games. He has been horribly inconsistent on his throws and has been a turnover machine. He will get better.

The coaching has been absolutely abysmal on the defensive side of the ball. I'm not sure if this will get better, but it cant get any worse.

Kolb

Locker/Hasselbeck

Schaub

Brady

Tannehill

Luck

Gabbert

Bradford

Wilson/Flynn

Tannehill

Sanchez

Who scares you so much that you only think they'll win two more games?

Fitz is 3-11 his last 14 starts. I see no reason to believe in improvement.

Let's wait and see....really? It seems to me that wait and see is the plan put in place by OBD at this point. This just in: Wait and see rarely leads to positive outcomes. Reasoned action is better than reaction any time.

What would you like me to do? Coach the team? Ralph hasn't asked me yet, so that's out of the question. Oh maybe I can just give up on this team that's securely in the hunt at the moment only 5 games in. Let me repeat that for you pessimists, 5 GAMES IN! Come talk to me in about 8 more week. Maybe by then you or I will have come around, but cmon, waaaaaaay too early.

Go Bills!!!

Fitz is 3-11 his last 14 starts. I see no reason to believe in improvement.

Oh so rosy outlook you must have on life. Oh, were you going to call yourself a realist? Well lets get real, its 5 games in!!!

Go Bills!!!

So, by firing the HC (which is also the OC), and the DC now and picking up whoever they can get to take the interim positions (probably internal) you expect to get 6 MORE wins than keeping the current guys in place? :)

So, by firing the HC (which is also the OC), and the DC now and picking up whoever they can get to take the interim positions (probably internal) you expect to get 6 MORE wins than keeping the current guys in place? :)

Crazy isnt it? I've only been on this board for about 2 hours, but I can see there are some thinkers here! Haha

There's no way you fire the coaching staff in the middle of the year like "Fear the beard" suggests and not suffer some kind of growing pains due to the lack of continuity. Rediculous!

Come on doubters, how can you give up so soon?

We waited all summer for the season to get here and now after some terrible losses people are ready to get to the draft after only 5 games?

I am as disappointed as anyone, especially after the high expectations that came with the off season moves, but with still almost 3/4 of the season to go I can't possibly justify pulling the plug and looking forward to it being over.

The ride might be another terrible one, definitely looking that way now, but sit back and take it as it comes to the very end before passing judgement. The off season will be here again soon enough.

I see about 2 wins in there max. Seattle and Jacksonville. TN will be a nail biter.

How do you think TN will be a nail biter but think we'll beat the Seahawks? Lol I think we'll beat them both but the Seahawks are def better than the Titans.

How do you think TN will be a nail biter but think we'll beat the Seahawks? Lol I think we'll beat them both but the Seahawks are def better than the Titans.

I actually haven't seen either team play, but know they both blow. Either way, I see you really didn't take issue with my other statement, that the Bills will likely win 2 more games max.

What would you like me to do? Coach the team? Ralph hasn't asked me yet, so that's out of the question. Oh maybe I can just give up on this team that's securely in the hunt at the moment only 5 games in. Let me repeat that for you pessimists, 5 GAMES IN! Come talk to me in about 8 more week. Maybe by then you or I will have come around, but cmon, waaaaaaay too early.

Go Bills!!!

Oh so rosy outlook you must have on life. Oh, were you going to call yourself a realist? Well lets get real, its 5 games in!!!

Go Bills!!!

OK? Not sure what me not thinking Fitz is a starting QB in this league has to do with my outlook on life? Please enlighten me as to why I should believe in him?