Call me crazy hire back Wade Phillips

Even if there was not a rift with Wade, understand how ridiculous this name is (along with ANY OTHER respectable name currently in the NFL) sounds. This organization is a DEATH TRAP and anyone who still does not understand this is missing something upstairs. Why the fck would Wade Phillips leave his situation to walk into this failure of an organization. Unless this team has a Franchise QB with a new owner, NOBODY with real coaching talent will come here EVER!!!!

Here is what you need to know about Wade.

-2 years as Denver's head coach. 1 playoff appearance and 1 8-8 season.

-3 years as Buffalo's head coach. 2 playoff appearance and 1 8-8 season.

-2 plus years with Dallas. 2 playoff appearance, did better than Parcells with more or less the same roster, 1 bad start to a season.

-He is a very good coach and a great defensive mind. He does not however, always wear a head set which apparently is a big problem.

Edited by auburnbillsbacker

I bet he could make this defense work Hell he almost made Rob Johnson win a playoff game!

Wade was our last coach with a winning record i'm not real sure of the actions that lead to his firing but you can bet that either wanting or playing the turd that is Rob Johnson had something to do with it ..

I for one would welcome Phillips back i never understood how one would let a coach with a winning record go no matter what franchise does that ????? Go figure !!

Why would Wade come back? He can win a SB with the Texans and then maybe get one last shot at a HC position. AJ Smith should have given the HC job to Wade and kept Turner as OC. The Chargers would be much better. No one can win with Jerry Jones as GM.

Might not be this year or next but I could see him landing in Chicago or maybe Cinci.

Both teams will be getting a new coach soon.

Not to steer the thread a different way but why do you think so? Chicago will win their division and is a reasonable SB candidate and Cinci will make the WC.

Even if there was not a rift with Wade, understand how ridiculous this name is (along with ANY OTHER respectable name currently in the NFL) sounds. This organization is a DEATH TRAP and anyone who still does not understand this is missing something upstairs. Why the fck would Wade Phillips leave his situation to walk into this failure of an organization. Unless this team has a Franchise QB with a new owner, NOBODY with real coaching talent will come here EVER!!!!

I agree with the new owner part but a top tier coach can bring draft a franchise QB.

Why would Wade come back? He can win a SB with the Texans and then maybe get one last shot at a HC position. AJ Smith should have given the HC job to Wade and kept Turner as OC. The Chargers would be much better. No one can win with Jerry Jones as GM.

Not to steer the thread a different way but why do you think so? Chicago will win their division and is a reasonable SB candidate and Cinci will make the WC.

Neither team will advance a game In the playoffs. Lovie ingoing to be over coals this year and next. It's on him. And in Cincinnati they are just looking for a reason to move on and get a d coach.

im assuming you want this move so he can change around the defence. not a bad idea but at the same time i just dont think wade phillips is a nfl head coach. hes like gailey, very good coordinator but not enough control to be a head coach. he lost that team in dallas