Can the Bills Beat the Pats w/o CJ and FredEx

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest playmakers on our offense are arguably CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson. It sucks they both play the same position and won't usually be on the field at the same time. It really sucks that both are hurt for the biggest game of the season so far.

Do the Bills have enough talent remaining on the offense to keep up with the Brady led Patriots?

I would say no, unless the Bills come out and have a gameplan that takes the Patriots out of their comfort zone. Even so, It's never easy to beat Brady. The D-Line is gonna have to come out on Fire in order to stop Brady and disrupt him to no end in order to beat an Angry Pats team.

The Bills are gonna have to be fully charged and have a gameplan that stops NE at every turning point. Stopping Brady will go a long way in stopping the Pats...

I'm concerned more about playing the Pats after they just lost 2 in a row. they are going to come out looking to light us up

I hear ya.

But you also got to think 'they lost two in a row'.

I am glad the game is at home. Bills have confidence they can beat NE at home.

No Choice and White are not the 'game breakers' that CJ or FJ are. This concerns me. NE looks stout up the middle. Having a back with speed to get around the edge would be nice. It will be a tough game, if the BIlls protect the ball and steal a couple from the Pats, then i like the chances for a victory.

Even with a great D, the only reason the Ravens turned it around yesterday was because they started to work Ray Rice in way more. They went run heavy and it helped their passing immensely. We need a strong running threat to do the same. Relying on Fitz to lead the offense through a pass-first strategy is a nightmare scenario.

I'm concerned more about playing the Pats after they just lost 2 in a row. they are going to come out looking to light us up

Would you rather play them after they just won 2 in a row?

I understand your point but have to say that Choice had a great game after Spiller went down. He impressed me.

Thought he did great, but doesn't have the "big play" factor. Spiller and Fred can score from anywhere. I hope we don't stall in the redzone now.

The biggest playmakers on our offense are arguably CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson. It sucks they both play the same position and won't usually be on the field at the same time. It really sucks that both are hurt for the biggest game of the season so far.

Do the Bills have enough talent remaining on the offense to keep up with the Brady led Patriots?

if we don't have either of them, I think the only chance we have is if the D-Line is in Brady's face more than he has ever seen in his life. I don't trust our cornerbacks at this point, they are both young, make good plays once in awhile but have gotten burned far too often in the first 3 games. Also, if Fitz doesn't get better accuracy, it will be a mute point, we won't stand a chance. Against a team like New England you have to capitalize on almost every opportunity to score, unlike against the Chiefs or Browns you can throw passes into the ground, over heads, etc and get away with it because they have QBs playing at Fitz's level not at Brady's level and our defense can make up the difference. Edited by BuffBill

Wishful thinking. Not sure what game you watched, but Brady didnt look the least disturbed until around that final posession. Ravens had no pass rush just about all night. I hate the Pats and TB, but let's be real. He put up 30pts against one of the better all around D's in football. That Baltimore crowd was one of the loudest in recent memory and it made little to no difference. I don't see many matchups in our favor for this game. We needed 4 INT's and a great day from FJ to squeek out a win last year, our first in what, the last 15 tries our something. It's the NFL and anything could happen but no CJ and no FJ= a loss in this one. Fortunately we don't have too many Brady or Flacco types on our slate this year.

I don't think we need the home run plays out of the running game to be able to succeed against the Pats*. Choice/White had a combined 22 carries for 106 yards (4.8ypc). That is good enough for the offense to be able to sustain drives. I was happy to see that Chan didn't avoid the running game after Spiller went down. The O-Line has been excellent, and should be allowed to continue beating up on defenses.

I agree, this OL has been opening holes for the RB's and we should be able to pull this off. Sure CJ and Fred and more explosive but Tashard can get the job done.

This place has been a Pats apologist board for years

I mean, they haven't owned the division for 10 years because they get full of themselves & read their press-clippings after wins. I just think the notion that Brady is going to throw the ball better because he's mad is ridiculous.

Feel like our O-line is one of the best in the league and Chan will have a full week to figure out how to attack with the run game.When B-more started to hand the ball to Ray Rice from Rutgers they started controlling the game and they wore out the Pats D-line.

I think if we can get into 3rd and short often enough we can move the chains and keep Brady off the field and keep our D-line fresh. That's how we gonna win and I would not be surprised if we do win without both Fred and CJ. We still have Stevie, Chandler, Jones and Choice so we still have enough talent to move the ball.

It sucks we dont have CJ for this game because I feel he was the best player in the NFL before he got hurt. But if we manage to pull it off it would be one of the most impressive wins under the Chan/Nix watch.

Just no way Pats lose back to back.

To the OP 's question: No.

I think you meant to say, "back to back to back."

I just can't see our CBs winning their matchup against Brady and Co. Sure, stranger things have happened but our guys look confused in the D backfield.

GO BILLS!!!

I just can't see our CBs winning their matchup against Brady and Co. Sure, stranger things have happened but our guys look confused in the D backfield.

GO BILLS!!!

Listening to the Patriots broadcast on radio last night, the announcer stated "those Bills are not a real 2-1 team" and "these Patriots are not a 1-2 team" saying they are much better than that.

I really hope we can figure out a way to beat them, smack them on the mouth!!

As much as I would like to say we have a good chance, we don't. Choice did indeed have 90+ yards, but that was the Browns we played. Did you watch the game last night? The Pats hung 30 points on a real defense. Our defense is still evolving and is nowhere near Baltimore's caliber. Not to mention looks like the Pats D is much, much better than last year. Nort good for b-low.

I guess we do have a slim chance, but we need to be ready: the Pats lost, are pissed, and are a way better team than we are right now. We would need a complete and utterly mistake free game to pull it off, and with two of our top playmakers out, it's going to be an uphill battle. My prediction: Bills 17 Pats: 32.

GO BILLS!!!

Oops, yes, 3 in a row. Pretty sure our Division Champs played in and nearly won the Super Bowl a few months back.. Gronk isn't THAT important to them. If there is any insight into predicting NFL games these days, safe money is on the more desperate team winning outright. We'll all be there - in the stands and in front of tv's, cheering the Bills but it would take an absolute miracle to beat them Sunday, IMO.

As much as I would like to say we have a good chance, we don't. Choice did indeed have 90+ yards, but that was the Browns we played. Did you watch the game last night? The Pats hung 30 points on a real defense. Our defense is still evolving and is nowhere near Baltimore's caliber. Not to mention looks like the Pats D is much, much better than last year. Nort good for b-low.

I guess we do have a slim chance, but we need to be ready: the Pats lost, are pissed, and are a way better team than we are right now. We would need a complete and utterly mistake free game to pull it off, and with two of our top playmakers out, it's going to be an uphill battle. My prediction: Bills 17 Pats: 32.

I gotta disagree here. Baltimore once had an elite defense but they have been slipping. They are nowhere near the dominating defense from a few years ago. This Bills defense stunk it up against the Jets week 1 granted, but since have not only stuffed the run and generated sacks. They have also produced some turnovers. They've gotten better each week and they are just getting warmed up. At home against the Patriots, they will be bringing some heat.

I think the Bills D is better than the Ravens D.

Edited by Rockinon

I personally believe it'll be a close one... with or without FJ. I also think that if he feels he's up to it... He should be in there. Not to carry the whole load, but if Choice took some of the carries off him, he'll be fine... unless there's the all too familiar cheap shots by the Pats D.

As bad as the replacement refs suck, they don't seem to favor sides like we've seen in the full-timers. They don't seem to care what Brady, Belichick, etc run up to whine about.

If our secondary can put together some semblance of coverage, gives our guys up front a chance to get to Brady... Arizona sacked him 4 times. Kolb didn't put up elite stats... If they can give them a good game I know Buffalo can. No one gave the Cards a snowball's chance in hell to win and they did.

We'll win in the trenches, our D-line is coming alive, our O-line dominates, FJ back in the line-up splitting with Choice... as long as our secondary doesn't lay an egg or FitzTragic shows up instead of FitzMagic... I see another upset in the making Bills 31-Patriots 28

We can definitely compete with them.

What I like is that the corners are playing more physical at the line. Brandon Lloyd had a big game because Baltimore gave him a nice cushion at the line and was able to beat his man. Same goes for Welker. The Jets consistently take the Pats WRs out of the game by playing tight right off the snap.

Bills D line is getting *enough* pressure on QBs to force quick throws, nothing over the top. We will need our LBs in coverage to run with their TEs. Our run D has been very good - NYJ and KC got most of their yds on the ground at the end of the game. K. Williams is the first lineman on either team every down to get out of his stance.

Our O line is playing at a very high level - big holes for all of our RBs and keeping Fitz upright (Fitz's one lone sack should come with an asterisk). As a big plus, WRs and TEs are not dropping passes as long as Fitz can deliver the ball on target.

This game will come down to ball possession and turnovers.

I gotta disagree here. Baltimore once had an elite defense but they have been slipping. They are nowhere near the dominating defense from a few years ago. This Bills defense stunk it up against the Jets week 1 granted, but since have not only stuffed the run and generated sacks. They have also produced some turnovers. They've gotten better each week and they are just getting warmed up. At home against the Patriots, they will be bringing some heat.

I think the Bills D is better than the Ravens D.

I like the way our defense is developing, but you are making me crack up. Have you watched the first 3 games and seen how many times our young corners have been toasted? Put Ed Reed and Lardarius Webb back there, that is the difference. Both teams have good to great pass rush and run defense, but we aren't on their level because of our weak pass coverage.

Can a Fly,fly without wings? You got an angry Pats team coming in here, I highly doubt it unless we're so focused that we don't make any mistakes and stop them at every turn.

I like the way our defense is developing, but you are making me crack up. Have you watched the first 3 games and seen how many times our young corners have been toasted? Put Ed Reed and Lardarius Webb back there, that is the difference. Both teams have good to great pass rush and run defense, but we aren't on their level because of our weak pass coverage.

They do not have anything resembling a great pass-rush without Suggs. Not that the Bills pass-rush is some kind of proven commodity either, but I would prefer ours right now. No question we are worse in coverage though.

They do not have anything resembling a great pass-rush without Suggs. Not that the Bills pass-rush is some kind of proven commodity either, but I would prefer ours right now. No question we are worse in coverage though.

So you never heard of a guy with the name Ngata?

I think it is a very tall order indeed to beat the Pats Sunday given Spiller and FredEx both will either be out, or not anywhere near 100%.

But not impossible. To me it comes down to one thing. The ability of our D line to quickly get to Marcia without any blitzing. If they can get pressure on every play with just the down 4 the Bills have a chance. If Marcia can setup comfortably or get off the quick 3 step passes without someone in the passing lane the Bills lose.

You are living in the past. 9 turnovers in 2 games. Utterly killing a team's ability to run. You haven't been paying attention. As for the DBs, since the 1st game against the Jets they have been pressing the receivers at the line of scrimmage.

And again, Baltimore is a long, long way from the dominant imposing defense they used to be. Not saying they are bad now, but they don't scare me, look what our own offense did against them last year and NE still put up 30pts on them last week with that weak offensive line of theirs. BTW, how many sacks did this supposedly superior defense get in that game. I guarantee Brady will be very uncomfortable throwing this week.