Time Warner Cable NFL Network Finally make a Deal!!!

FastFreddy22

The point is...when does this take effect so we can watch said Thursday night games?

Thank you buffalo wings.... you got my point. People like inkman must mess up a lot to feel gratified pointing out simple mistakes others make.

poor inkman.. yet thank you for your correction. Now be a better man and tell me when TWC's new service will be available for all our viewing pleasure.

Thank you buffalo wings.... you got my point. People like inkman must mess up a lot to feel gratified pointing out simple mistakes others make.

poor inkman.. yet thank you for your correction. Now be a better man and tell me when TWC's new service will be available for all our viewing pleasure.

From what I've seen the deal will be announce today and I'm sure more details will be released.

I havent had to deal with TW since I dont live locally.

My cable is from Comcast and here how it works....

If you have a digital DVR box with the Sports package it should be included with it (they may riase the price slightly). With Comcast I get the higher digital tier of sports networks such as NHL Network, MLB Network, NFL Network, Redzone, as well as other cable sports networks devoted to Tennis, Soccer, College sports. This package would likely also include stations such as the Big 10 network.

One of the big issues with NFL Network is that it wanted to be top tier at a similar level as ESPN or Versus (now NBC SN) or FOX Sports. The cable companies fought this and would only put it in a pay extra for cable division. I have not seen any confirmation that this will be different. I will assume it is just like how it is on Comcast and others..paid tier sports channel.

The redzone.....

This is a dead channel during the week. From 1pm ET-8pm ET (could sign off sooner if all games are done---if a game goes past 9pm they must sign off from the game).

There are no blackout restrictions.

They jump feeds between CBS and FOX on Sunday afternoon showing drives when they get into scoring areas and if big plays have happened (such as a pickoff, good return, 50 yd pass). Come the 4th quarter they focus just on the one score games. For example last week with the KC game being a blow out they didnt jump to show KC scoring the garbage time TD live...instead they showed the highlight 5-10 minutes later when there was a break in the action.

If you cant see the big 4:25 DH game of the week this is a good option to see it.

3 games on national TV....10-12 games on Sunday with usually 7-9 early and 3-5 late. Its a good way to see some close late games.

In the late games when there are few and they all are at half or breaks they then reel up and show highlights and post game interviews from other games. They dont show commercials. When you have simultaneous games happening they wil split screen it and show both at once.

This week it looks as if Buffalo will air Pittsburgh-Oakland game. If you wanted to watch Houston-Denver you can see some of it (along with the other games) on NFL Network.

In the close games they will focus on those over blowouts.

Edited by djp14150

My cable is from Comcast and here how it works....If you have a digital DVR box with the Sports package it should be included with it (they may riase the price slightly).

Good detailed info but probably (hopefully) not applicable here. The standoff was because TWC wanted the NFLN carried on the basic Digital tier and they either wouldn't let them or they couldn't agree on a price (been a long time). Redzone wasn't around.

Hopefully TWC won the battle.

http://nflcommunicat..._headline_stack

From the NFL.com page. There's more but it's just boilerplate stuff.

NFL Network reached multi-year agreements with Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks, the country’s respective second- and sixth-largest cable providers, for carriage of NFL Network and the NFL RedZone channel, it was announced today.

NFL Network and NFL RedZone will debut in Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks homes beginning this Sunday September 23, with full launch before Thursday, September 27. ......

For Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks, NFL Network will be available on the Digital Basic and Sports Pass tiers, and NFL RedZone will be available to Sports Pass customers.

Edited by DieHardFan

Way too late. I went to DTV 2 years ago and I'm never going back. Better than TW in every possible way TV wise.

Way too late. I went to DTV 2 years ago and I'm never going back. Better than TW in every possible way TV wise.

Maybe, but DTV can't touch Roadrunner...they keep increasing their speeds free....started at about 3 or 4 MB/sec a few years ago and am up to 18-20 MB/sec now...blazing fast...only one who can top that is Verizon Fios, but its way more expensive...

Maybe, but DTV can't touch Roadrunner...they keep increasing their speeds free....started at about 3 or 4 MB/sec a few years ago and am up to 18-20 MB/sec now...blazing fast...only one who can top that is Verizon Fios, but its way more expensive...

Most people I know who canceled all their TW stuff and switched to DTV came crawling back to Time Warner for the internet. Although I suppose depending on where you live, connections may be faster/ better. Just thought I would that out there.

It sounds as if the Redzone will be on the Sports pass...which means its the sports package that is on Comcast.

On Comcast you can get NFL Network on high tier stations...you still have to have a box because its in high 100s. Its not at the saem level of an ESPN or NBC SN. The other sports stations and pay per view sports (NHL Center Ice, MLB package, NBA league games, etc) are in the 400s or 600s as a block.

I regularly get NHL Center Ice package.

poor inkman.. yet thank you for your correction.

Now be a better man and tell me when TWC's

new service will be available for all our viewing

pleasure.

Google is your friend of which I'm apparently not

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000064647/

Pssst... they have other programming on, maybe he wanted to watch the pre-game coverage (which starts well before any other channels.)

I wasn't trying to be dooshy but he mentioned watching games this weekend on the NFL Network. Now I remember why I stopped coming to this site.

I wasn't trying to be dooshy but he mentioned watching games this weekend on the NFL Network. Now I remember why I stopped coming to this site.

Yes this happens all the time. Me too occasionaly.

Hey not for nuthin by the way but I believe the proper spelling would first of all be douche.

Not going to pretend and say how it would be spelled using the word douchey or doucheay if you prefer but when I call out a douchebag well, thats how I spell it.

Peace bro

Go Bills!

Hey not for nuthin by the way but I believe the proper spelling would first of all be douche.

Not going to pretend and say how it would be spelled using the word douchey or doucheay if you prefer but when I call out a douchebag well,

thats how I spell it

Not sure how tongue in cheek you mean to be,

but I came across the doosh spelling a while ago and liked it more than the actual spelling. It seems more...dooshy. :smile:

Yes this happens all the time. Me too occasionaly.

Not going to pretend and say how it would be spelled using the word douchey or doucheay if you prefer but when I call out a douchebag well, thats how I spell it.

Peace bro

Go Bills!

Touche'