College players to watch

mrags

With College Ball starting up, I'm trying to follow more young kids. Helps when your arguing over who tobdraft come April at the least. I have never really followed before so I'm kinda clueless. Looking for some young kids, especially at the WR position to keep an eye on. After the last few drafts with Nix, it seems the best games to watch are SEC so today I had the Florida vs BG game on. Between that game and some highlights, the 2 guys that I can tell are REALLY good so far are:

Gillispee- RB from Florida. This kid is just awesome. If this kid isn't in the running for some awards at the end of this year, I think he will be.

Sullivan- WR from S. Miss. I only caught a few highlights, but this kid looks really good IMO. I thought I saw 2 different TDs. He looks a little lenghty but not small at all. That's what I noticed.

Can anyone tell me about these 2 kids and who else should be some good players to watch.

Thanks in advance from a rookie NCAA football fan.

I would get to know the QBs more than WRs.

I'm still hoping Fitz has 3,500 yards, 30tds, and 15 or less ints, takes us to the playoffs and shows us he is serviceable at the least and we don't have to draft one in round 1.aybe in rounds 2-3 for a young more developmental guy. As far as that goes, I still need to know some people to watch.

I saw highlights on espn that some D3 kid threw for like 700 yards. WOW!!! Not sure thateans anything considering he's a D3 player but that's impressive regardless.

I also saw some nice highlights out of the Yiung freshmen out of Miami. Johnson- RB. Kid looks like he'll be fun ro watch for a few years.

The WR on USC. Not sure his name but I saw some good plays by him as well.

Really I just don't know about NCAA and I'm looking for some exciting people to watch. I guess by watching more I'll start to notice some more guys.

I'd follow these players. This is my own Big Board and not DraftTek's.

Matt Barkley

USC

QB

tough, smart, poised, and short (6'2"). 377 yards and four TD vs Hawaii in gm1

Star Lotulelei

Utah

DT43

In class deep at NT is Rang's #1. Dominant, impossible to move off point, Athletic, movement skills Ngata-like, not straight-line NT Tremendous upside.

Jarvis Jones

Georgia

OLB34

probation,neck inj USC, xfer to Ga, 19TFL led SEC, any scheme but in 3-4 now,p-rush moves, pursues in space,NFL D now, 13.5sk, Ultra talent, Fierce 3-point or stand up,

David Amerson

NC State

CB

Opportunistic CB looked great against Hunter in the Tenn gamne

Barkevious Mingo

LSU

OLB34

extremely fast and explosive pass rusher who could make up ground, beat the tackles, good open field, long arms, high upside, versatile positionally, franchise, LB would be pos chg

Sam Montgomery

LSU

DE43

fast, explosive DE, I think best asDE43 than OLB34, Terrific pass rush,skill pursuing action from the back side.49 tkl/13.5 TFL/team-high 9 sk

Johnathan Hankins

Ohio State

DT43

less upside than Star

Marcus Lattimore

South Carolina

RBF

Strong yet creative with outstanding vision / instincts. Top RB prior to injury. 1st gm:rush for 110 yd and two TDs in 17-13 win.

Tyler Wilson

Arkansas

QB

6'3'', 220-lb 3,600 yards and 63% in '11, 367 yd 3td in '12 opener. Strong armed ,accurate, powers ball through tight spots. ? reads.

Robert Woods (Jr)

USC

WRF

AVG11.6 111 catches, breaking Keyshawn Johnson's records in just 12 games; meticulous preparation and work ethic

Eric Reid

LSU

FS

Hard hitting, run defending S very effective between the numbers. 7 tackles, one PBU and one INT against Ntexas in gm1

Manti Te'o

Notre Dame

SILB

led team in tkl for 2 seasons, 324 tt, somewhat limited in pass coverage but great vs run, has passion, toughness and tenacity, shows skill in zone coverage.

Barrett Jones

Alabama

OG

need indiv vid, most versatile ---looked pro moving from LT to OC to make way for sophomore Cyrus Kouandjio to start at LT. Not a LT or RT, but all-pro OG/OC. Not real athletic but smart blocker.

Xavier Rhodes

Florida State

CB

Logan Thomas (4Jr)

Virginia Tech

QB

redshirt Jr, 19 TD's in 2011 and ran for 11 more, so Chan Gailey type of player, big arm, phys skill. Needs to improve reads, accuracy, survive his OL, has NFL skills. Kiper#4

Luke Joeckel

Texas A&M

LOT

work on first step, push on run blocking, Solid pass blocking left tackle who plays with good fundamentals. Also effective in motion.

Geno Smith

West Virginia

QB

32 of 36 passes in 3 1/2 quarters323 yards and 4 TDs vs Marshall. looked like the Big 12's best player

Taylor Lewan

Michigan

LOT

need individual vid, King sized LT, solid movement skills, flexibility. May be better off on the RT but comes with a large upside,inj (rolled leg)late in the 4th qtr gm1

Keenan Allen

California

WRP

AVG13.7 in '11; brilliant 39-yard end-around run for a TD in the third quarter in gm 1

Johnthan Banks

Mississippi St

CB

height, speed, and instincts, Potential #2 CB lacks great quickness and speed but possesses solid ball skills.

Kawann Short

Purdue

DT43

Big bodied defensive tackle that impacts the game when he wants to. Offers a lot of skill yet does not always play up to his level of ability.

Bjoern Werner (3Jr)

Florida State

DE43

athleticism, deceptive strength and instincts. four sacks, five TFL and 1 FF in gm 1

T.J. McDonald

USC

FS

better than Lester, would have likely been a 1st round selection this past draft and is expected to compete with LSU's Reid as the 1st safety selected

Nico Johnson

Alabama

SILB

flies around, great range, speedy, 3-4 run-stopping linebacker, GBN has him as #1OLB, agile, athletic, limited Denard to 10 runs/ 27 yd

Alex Okafor

Texas

DE43

vid could be clearer

Justin Hunter

Tennessee

WRP

AVG18.5 , 2011 prototypical #1 WR. big , fast, season halted by knee inj 3 games into 2011, not off to a good start in '12

Chase Thomas

Stanford

OLB43

GBN #2 OLB; Draft Insider sez "Intelligent linebacker that works hard yet a limited athlete with minimal quickness and speed";

Marquess Wilson

Washington State

WRF

AVG16.9 mar-KEESE during his first 2 seasons already caught 137 passes for 2,152 yd and scored 17 TD, Dependable WR, quickness, size, YAC.

Sean Porter

Texas A&M

OLB43

not typical LB but is Wanny type, right and left side speedy explosive pass rusher, Ware-type accel, NFL-style"D",adj's to blitz pickups and audibles, good in space

D.J. Fluker (rJr)

Alabama

ROT

redshirt Junior is big, strong, handles speed rush; consistency and impact blocking are ?s, arm length a ?, can overextend, not a spread OT, better in tight

Shayne Skov

Stanford

SILB

Terrance Williams

Baylor

WRF

AVG16.2 I have him way higher than Dtek; Dscout has him #1WR, DraftInsider has him 7th RD, dependable, gains separation

Dee Milliner

Alabama

CB

Fierce cornerback with a developing game. 35-yard INT return in gm1 also set a new mark for distance, was POW

Justin Gilbert (Jr.)

Oklahoma State

CB

not in Dtek Top 100

Chris Faulk

LSU

LOT

need indiv vid, Big, strong LT, who may be best on the right side. Ankle but paved way for 316 rush yd and 508 tot yd in gm1 41-14 over NTexas

Jackson Jeffcoat

Texas

DE43

Ricky Wagner

Wisconsin

LOT

Nice sized tackle that blocks with solid fundamentals. Slightly overrated in our opinion and a lesser version of Gabe Carimi.

Montee Ball

Wisconsin

RBF

elusive, instinct, Solid rcvr , athletic, burst, speed vision, hands, blocks. Tread? didn't star but picked up 120 yd, TD in gm 1

Tyler Eifert

Notre Dame

TE

Zac Dysert

Miami (OH)

QB

Smart, tough, arm strength, spleen surgery '11, Reuter's #4 senior QB, nearly 66% 300 yards 7x, 3,513 yds 23 TD despite 46 sacks

Margus Hunt

SMU

DE

found on http://gritsblitz.co...z.com absolute physical “freak” from Estonia limitless potential but raw, athletic 6’8″ 295, 4.6 40, only been playingfor 3 years, #13Kiper

Tyler Bray

Tennessee

QB

Physically gifted QB that showed a lot of development in his game last season. 332 yds and 2 TD in his first 2012 game. Showed ownership of the huddle and deep ball.

Jake Matthews (3Jr)

Texas A&M

ROT

tougher slate of pass-rushers in 2012; light feet and a nice burst out of his stance, looked good vs Jeffcoat and Okafor last season

Aaron Mellette

Elon

WRF

AVG 13.7 found on http://gritsblitz.com, a rsSr. DraftScout has him #2WR

Johnny Adams

Michigan State

CB

Solid cornerback with good ball skills. Needs to polish his game but lacks top corner speed and somewhat overrated.

DeAndre Hopkins (Jr)

Clemson

WRP

13 catches in gm1

Robert Lester

Alabama

FS

turning and running not forte, always in position though, instinctive, not RD1 yet, Underrated, Physical, effective vs the run while showing solid ball skills.

Le'Veon Bell

Michigan State

RBF

ran for 210 yards and 2 scores vs Boise St.

Jesse Williams

Alabama

DE34

Underrated, enormous upside, Athletic, explosive and powerful. Raw.

C.J. Mosley

Alabama

OLB43

GBN lists at ILB, returned an INT 16 yards for a TD in gm1

Quinton Patton

Louisiana Tech

WRF

Preseason WAC Offensive Player of the Year 1,200-yard receiving season in 2011 to go along with 11 touchdowns 4.45, uses blox well, quick

Tony Jefferson

Oklahoma

FS

Khaled Holmes

USC

OC

already runs an NFL-style offense, line calls, etc., Big, strong, nasty blocker on the pivot. Offers immediate starting potential

Chance Warmack

Alabama

OG

moved as per NEP, not going to declare, we think, tech work needed, looks better than he is, Strong, anchors well in pass, blocks pretty well, NFL body

Andre Ellington

Clemson

RB

Explosive, double cut running back with a variety of ball carrying skills. 26 CAR, 231 YDS Accounted for 71% of running game vs Clemson

Jelani Jenkins (Jr.)

Florida

OLB43

will linebacker in Will Muschamps hybrid 3-4/4-3 defense 12 games at WLB in '11, 3rd on team in tkl (75)

Bennie Logan

LSU

DT43

Brockers' successor - no film yet

Brandon Jenkins

Florida State

OLB34

Undersized defensive end that shows tremendous force and speed off the edge. Struggles in space and may not be a slam-dunk at 3-4 outside linebacker as many project.

Jonathan Cooper

North Carolina

OG

need individual vid, Terrific prospect,high upside, Athletic, moves well on his feet, very effective blocking in motion. Needs strength

Terry Hawthorne

Illinois

CB

Terrific versatile CB with the ability to shutdown opp's. Offers starting potential, poss. #1CB.Also KR, PR, some WR

Alex Hurst

LSU

ROT

need individual vid, Smart, fundamentally sound LT that may be best inside at guard. Slightly overrated to this point.

Edited by Astrobot

OMG Astro. This is awesome. Exactly what I was hoping for and then some. A few names on that list that I noticed yesterday.

Thank you so much. I hope this helps others as well. Seemed like a much better topic and use of time than the usual Ralph is Cheap, Marv gets no respect, Brad Smith and the WC posts. A good changup IMO. Thanks again.

Amen!

Players I've moved down:

Robert Woods (Jr)

Taylor Lewan

Justin Hunter

Aaron Mellette

William Gholston

Da'Rick Rogers

Players in my top 60 moving on up:

David Amerson

Marcus Lattimore

Tyler Wilson

Barrett Jones Xavier Rhodes Logan Thomas (4Jr) Luke Joeckel

Geno Smith

Bjoern Werner (3Jr)

T.J. McDonald

Sean Porter D.J. Fluker (rJr) Shayne Skov Terrance Williams

Dee Milliner

Chris Faulk

Zac Dysert

DeAndre Hopkins (Jr)

Le'Veon Bell Jesse Williams

C.J. Mosley

Andre Ellington

My list has 268 names on it.

Tomorrow's required TV watching will be ESPN's VaTech vs Ga Tech.

It'll be a blowout for VaTech, but watch these players for VaTech, especially VaTech's QB Logan Thomas:

Logan Thomas (4Jr)-QB Marcus Davis-WR Bruce Taylor-OLB DJ Coles-WR Nick Becton-LT

Edited by Astrobot

I'd follow these players. This is my own Big Board and not DraftTek's.

Matt Barkley

USC

QB

tough, smart, poised, and short (6'2"). 377 yards and four TD vs Hawaii in gm1

Star Lotulelei

Utah

DT43

In class deep at NT is Rang's #1. Dominant, impossible to move off point, Athletic, movement skills Ngata-like, not straight-line NT Tremendous upside.

Jarvis Jones

Georgia

OLB34

probation,neck inj USC, xfer to Ga, 19TFL led SEC, any scheme but in 3-4 now,p-rush moves, pursues in space,NFL D now, 13.5sk, Ultra talent, Fierce 3-point or stand up,

David Amerson

NC State

CB

Barkevious Mingo

LSU

OLB34

extremely fast and explosive pass rusher who could make up ground, beat the tackles, good open field, long arms, high upside, versatile positionally, franchise, LB would be pos chg

Sam Montgomery

LSU

DE43

fast, explosive DE, I think best asDE43 than OLB34, Terrific pass rush,skill pursuing action from the back side.49 tkl/13.5 TFL/team-high 9 sk

Johnathan Hankins

Ohio State

DT43

less upside than Star

Marcus Lattimore

South Carolina

RBF

Strong yet creative with outstanding vision / instincts. Top RB prior to injury. 1st gm:rush for 110 yd and two TDs in 17-13 win.

Tyler Wilson

Arkansas

QB

6'3'', 220-lb 3,600 yards and 63% in '11, 367 yd 3td in '12 opener. Strong armed ,accurate, powers ball through tight spots. ? reads.

Robert Woods (Jr)

USC

WRF

AVG11.6 111 catches, breaking Keyshawn Johnson's records in just 12 games; meticulous preparation and work ethic

Eric Reid

LSU

FS

Hard hitting, run defending S very effective between the numbers. 7 tackles, one PBU and one INT against Ntexas in gm1

Manti Te'o

Notre Dame

SILB

led team in tkl for 2 seasons, 324 tt, somewhat limited in pass coverage but great vs run, has passion, toughness and tenacity, shows skill in zone coverage.

Barrett Jones

Alabama

OG

need indiv vid, most versatile ---looked pro moving from LT to OC to make way for sophomore Cyrus Kouandjio to start at LT. Not a LT or RT, but all-pro OG/OC. Not real athletic but smart blocker.

Xavier Rhodes

Florida State

CB

Logan Thomas (4Jr)

Virginia Tech

QB

redshirt Jr, 19 TD's in 2011 and ran for 11 more, so Chan Gailey type of player, big arm, phys skill. Needs to improve reads, accuracy, survive his OL, has NFL skills. Kiper#4

Luke Joeckel

Texas A&M

LOT

work on first step, push on run blocking, Solid pass blocking left tackle who plays with good fundamentals. Also effective in motion.

Geno Smith

West Virginia

QB

32 of 36 passes in 3 1/2 quarters323 yards and 4 TDs vs Marshall. looked like the Big 12's best player

Taylor Lewan

Michigan

LOT

need individual vid, King sized LT, solid movement skills, flexibility. May be better off on the RT but comes with a large upside,inj (rolled leg)late in the 4th qtr gm1

Keenan Allen

California

WRP

AVG13.7 in '11; brilliant 39-yard end-around run for a TD in the third quarter in gm 1

Johnthan Banks

Mississippi St

CB

height, speed, and instincts, Potential #2 CB lacks great quickness and speed but possesses solid ball skills.

Kawann Short

Purdue

DT43

Big bodied defensive tackle that impacts the game when he wants to. Offers a lot of skill yet does not always play up to his level of ability.

Bjoern Werner (3Jr)

Florida State

DE43

athleticism, deceptive strength and instincts. four sacks, five TFL and 1 FF in gm 1

T.J. McDonald

USC

FS

better than Lester, would have likely been a 1st round selection this past draft and is expected to compete with LSU's Reid as the 1st safety selected

Nico Johnson

Alabama

SILB

flies around, great range, speedy, 3-4 run-stopping linebacker, GBN has him as #1OLB, agile, athletic, limited Denard to 10 runs/ 27 yd

Alex Okafor

Texas

DE43

vid could be clearer

Justin Hunter

Tennessee

WRP

AVG18.5 , 2011 prototypical #1 WR. big , fast, season halted by knee inj 3 games into 2011, not off to a good start in '12

Chase Thomas

Stanford

OLB43

GBN #2 OLB; Draft Insider sez "Intelligent linebacker that works hard yet a limited athlete with minimal quickness and speed";

Marquess Wilson

Washington State

WRF

AVG16.9 mar-KEESE during his first 2 seasons already caught 137 passes for 2,152 yd and scored 17 TD, Dependable WR, quickness, size, YAC.

Sean Porter

Texas A&M

OLB43

not typical LB but is Wanny type, right and left side speedy explosive pass rusher, Ware-type accel, NFL-style"D",adj's to blitz pickups and audibles, good in space

D.J. Fluker (rJr)

Alabama

ROT

redshirt Junior is big, strong, handles speed rush; consistency and impact blocking are ?s, arm length a ?, can overextend, not a spread OT, better in tight

Shayne Skov

Stanford

SILB

Terrance Williams

Baylor

WRF

AVG16.2 I have him way higher than Dtek; Dscout has him #1WR, DraftInsider has him 7th RD, dependable, gains separation

Dee Milliner

Alabama

CB

Fierce cornerback with a developing game. 35-yard INT return in gm1 also set a new mark for distance, was POW

Justin Gilbert (Jr.)

Oklahoma State

CB

not in Dtek Top 100

Chris Faulk

LSU

LOT

need indiv vid, Big, strong LT, who may be best on the right side. Ankle but paved way for 316 rush yd and 508 tot yd in gm1 41-14 over NTexas

Jackson Jeffcoat

Texas

DE43

Ricky Wagner

Wisconsin

LOT

Nice sized tackle that blocks with solid fundamentals. Slightly overrated in our opinion and a lesser version of Gabe Carimi.

Montee Ball

Wisconsin

RBF

elusive, instinct, Solid rcvr , athletic, burst, speed vision, hands, blocks. Tread? didn't star but picked up 120 yd, TD in gm 1

Tyler Eifert

Notre Dame

TE

Zac Dysert

Miami (OH)

QB

Smart, tough, arm strength, spleen surgery '11, Reuter's #4 senior QB, nearly 66% 300 yards 7x, 3,513 yds 23 TD despite 46 sacks

Margus Hunt

SMU

DE

found on http://gritsblitz.co...z.com absolute physical “freak” from Estonia limitless potential but raw, athletic 6’8″ 295, 4.6 40, only been playingfor 3 years, #13Kiper

Tyler Bray

Tennessee

QB

Physically gifted QB that showed a lot of development in his game last season. 332 yds and 2 TD in his first 2012 game. Showed ownership of the huddle and deep ball.

Jake Matthews (3Jr)

Texas A&M

ROT

tougher slate of pass-rushers in 2012; light feet and a nice burst out of his stance, looked good vs Jeffcoat and Okafor last season

Aaron Mellette

Elon

WRF

AVG 13.7 found on http://gritsblitz.com, a rsSr. DraftScout has him #2WR

Johnny Adams

Michigan State

CB

Solid cornerback with good ball skills. Needs to polish his game but lacks top corner speed and somewhat overrated.

DeAndre Hopkins (Jr)

Clemson

WRP

13 catches in gm1

Robert Lester

Alabama

FS

turning and running not forte, always in position though, instinctive, not RD1 yet, Underrated, Physical, effective vs the run while showing solid ball skills.

Le'Veon Bell

Michigan State

RBF

ran for 210 yards and 2 scores vs Boise St.

Jesse Williams

Alabama

DE34

Underrated, enormous upside, Athletic, explosive and powerful. Raw.

C.J. Mosley

Alabama

OLB43

GBN lists at ILB, returned an INT 16 yards for a TD in gm1

Quinton Patton

Louisiana Tech

WRF

Preseason WAC Offensive Player of the Year 1,200-yard receiving season in 2011 to go along with 11 touchdowns 4.45, uses blox well, quick

Tony Jefferson

Oklahoma

FS

Khaled Holmes

USC

OC

already runs an NFL-style offense, line calls, etc., Big, strong, nasty blocker on the pivot. Offers immediate starting potential

Chance Warmack

Alabama

OG

moved as per NEP, not going to declare, we think, tech work needed, looks better than he is, Strong, anchors well in pass, blocks pretty well, NFL body

Andre Ellington

Clemson

RB

Explosive, double cut running back with a variety of ball carrying skills. 26 CAR, 231 YDS Accounted for 71% of running game vs Clemson

Jelani Jenkins (Jr.)

Florida

OLB43

will linebacker in Will Muschamps hybrid 3-4/4-3 defense 12 games at WLB in '11, 3rd on team in tkl (75)

Bennie Logan

LSU

DT43

Brockers' successor - no film yet

Brandon Jenkins

Florida State

OLB34

Undersized defensive end that shows tremendous force and speed off the edge. Struggles in space and may not be a slam-dunk at 3-4 outside linebacker as many project.

Jonathan Cooper

North Carolina

OG

need individual vid, Terrific prospect,high upside, Athletic, moves well on his feet, very effective blocking in motion. Needs strength

Terry Hawthorne

Illinois

CB

Terrific versatile CB with the ability to shutdown opp's. Offers starting potential, poss. #1CB.Also KR, PR, some WR

Alex Hurst

LSU

ROT

need individual vid, Smart, fundamentally sound LT that may be best inside at guard. Slightly overrated to this point.

Hey Astro,

What are your thoughts about Denard Robinson? The Bills seem to be attempting to move in direction of a mobile QB, with a a strong arm. As evidenced by bringing in Young and Jackson. He seems to have the skill set, but the rest of package who knows.

i was going to say Justin Hunter WR of Tenn, i see Astro has him on the list. I coached Track against him in HS but also helped him out too. He was the state champ in the High Jump (7'3), long jump (25+ ft), and placed high in the 200m.

I'm still hoping Fitz has 3,500 yards, 30tds, and 15 or less ints, takes us to the playoffs and shows us he is serviceable at the least and we don't have to draft one in round 1.aybe in rounds 2-3 for a young more developmental guy. As far as that goes, I still need to know some people to watch.

I saw highlights on espn that some D3 kid threw for like 700 yards. WOW!!! Not sure thateans anything considering he's a D3 player but that's impressive regardless.

I also saw some nice highlights out of the Yiung freshmen out of Miami. Johnson- RB. Kid looks like he'll be fun ro watch for a few years.

The WR on USC. Not sure his name but I saw some good plays by him as well.

Really I just don't know about NCAA and I'm looking for some exciting people to watch. I guess by watching more I'll start to notice some more guys.

Everybody here knows i am a Fitz supporter.....

This should still be the year we take a QB with our top pick.......and a LB with our second. The is biult up enough that it is the logical choice. You can sit a QB on a team like this and groom him.

Everybody here knows i am a Fitz supporter.....

This should still be the year we take a QB with our top pick.......and a LB with our second. The is biult up enough that it is the logical choice. You can sit a QB on a team like this and groom him.

After you said this it makes me realize how right you are. Fitz is still not a youngin either. I can get behind this. I cam also get behind a LB or WR depending on how we do this year if we need those 1-2 guys to really get over the top. I'm talking deep-deep playoffs with real possibility of the SuperBowl. Preferably I'd still rather get a good young prospect QB in rounds 2-3 like a Dalton, Wilson type of player but I can really get behind an Aaron Rodgers late first round guy that falls too.

Hey Astro,

What are your thoughts about Denard Robinson? The Bills seem to be attempting to move in direction of a mobile QB, with a a strong arm. As evidenced by bringing in Young and Jackson. He seems to have the skill set, but the rest of package who knows.

As a Michigan fan, I can honestly say that Denard Robinson is an exciting athlete, and has a better arm than some people think.

However, I do not see him as an NFL QB at all. He's way too small, not even 200 lbs.

Also as a QB he is very erratic. He can make plays with his legs and can scramble and find an open receiver, but there are times when he overthrows those receivers.

Look at last night's game. Several times Michigan had receivers open and Robinson overthrew them.

Robinson could very well have a career in the NFL, just not as a QB.

Ill be keeping an eye on Geno Smith, QB from WVU, the next couple of weeks. I think his stock will be rising this year, and could see him being someone Nix and Gailey go after.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Astro,

No thank you. Fun to watch the last couple of years but dont think he'll be able to make the leap to NFL. Maybe as a returner or something. Definitely not as a QB.

Edited by DrDareustein

Ryan Nassib (cuse) looked pretty good saturday as did #4 on the defense for cuse. Geno Smith looked phenomenal (still think he's a rb barbarian?). I thought Taj Boyd (clemson qb) looked pretty good as well - def raw but looked pretty good none the less.

David Amerson

NC State

CB

Margus Hunt

SMU

DE

Tyler Bray

Tennessee

QB

Margus is definitetly one of my boys, was machine against Pitt in that bowl game.

Bray is fantastic, It's a toss up between him Pachall, have to see how the season goes.

Got to disagree with Amerson, he he gave big touchdowns against Patterson and was really out of position on a lot of plays, it was more Hunter dropping the ball than Amerson's coverage. But it's only one game

i was going to say Justin Hunter WR of Tenn, i see Astro has him on the list. I coached Track against him in HS but also helped him out too. He was the state champ in the High Jump (7'3), long jump (25+ ft), and placed high in the 200m.

better teach him how to catch

Ryan Nassib (cuse) looked pretty good saturday as did #4 on the defense for cuse. Geno Smith looked phenomenal (still think he's a rb barbarian?). I thought Taj Boyd (clemson qb) looked pretty good as well - def raw but looked pretty good none the less.

haven't seen him this year, we will see how it goes, however Marshall isn't a big time opponent.

I used to think having athletic QBs would become the norm but they are just liabilities when it comes to reading defenses and are too quick to use their legs rather than their arms.

I now believe that traditional pocket passer QBs with decent mobility is what we should look for so I doubt Geno will be an effective NFL QB. But who knows maybe he will.

Barbarian, you REALLY need to sit down and actually WATCH geno smith, he's a pocket passer, prides himself on being a pocket passer, impressed everyone at the Manning PASSING Academy this past summer. He has the ability to run, but is so dead set on being a pocket passer that he often doesn't when he probably should. Seriously, please do some research.

Tyler Wilson Logan Thomas (4Jr) Geno Smith Zac Dysert Matt Barkley

Those are my top 5 QB's right now. Watch Logan Thomas today in the VaTech-GaTech game, to be played in tropical rains. It'll get folks geeked about Thomas if he declares. He's Gailey's type--big, fast, smart, versatile, pass first but run well (14 TD pass 11 running last year).

Yeah, Denard Robinson will struggle if he focuses on being a

QB. He won't be QB at NFL level, but speed shown in that Sports Science video

means "slash", KR, PR, wildcat, Randle-El type. He's a great athlete--24 3rd down RUNS of 20 yards or more. He could be a 3rd-4th RD guy if someone knows how to use him. My feeling is that Gailey and Co. would know.

http://bit.ly/NDOJBI

Edited by Astrobot

Sleeper WR UVA Tim Smith...Remember the name

I remembered! I remembered! He's a Junior now, but has started only 12 games since his frosh year (foot injury in 2010). Plays opposite Hurd. He's just untested. He's on my board at #248.

I remembered! I remembered! He's a Junior now, but has started only 12 games since his frosh year (foot injury in 2010). Plays opposite Hurd. He's just untested. He's on my board at #248.

Late round sleeper, SJ 2.0

Go Bills!!!!

Edited by missthe kgun

Branden Oliver very good RB from UB

And Astro what do you think about my Aussie Boy Jesse Wiliams

Jesse's at 49. Underrated, enormous upside, Athletic, explosive and powerful. Raw. Could have a RD1-2 year. Wonder if people will say, "What could he do if he weren't with so many top athletes?".

I have Oliver at #271. Bowling ball-type of runner who has very good change of direction and elusiveness, but is a decent downhill runner. Smallest RB on my board.

Barbarian, you REALLY need to sit down and actually WATCH geno smith, he's a pocket passer, prides himself on being a pocket passer, impressed everyone at the Manning PASSING Academy this past summer. He has the ability to run, but is so dead set on being a pocket passer that he often doesn't when he probably should. Seriously, please do some research.

There is enough video already to show that Geno Smith still has some work to do. Watch this against a good LSU defense. Some passes are great; some are horrid, and some are good plays by the WR not Geno.

http://youtu.be/qvrXu9Fsvpk

Edited by Astrobot

Two words...

Barkevious Mingo

THE-SENATOR-WANTS-A-BACKER

AND-MINGO-IS-HIS-NAME-O

M.I.N.G.O, M.I.N.G.O, M.I.N.G.O,

AND-MINGO-IS-HIS-NAME-O

IMHO we're light in the LB, QB, WR, and Interior OL Departments.

Once the season plays out, we'll have a better idea of the priority of needs.

I do want them to draft a QB in the early rounds next year, regardless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Rdded9pP3QY

Only college highlight I could find. Both players played together in High school and led their team to a State title as Seniors. Perry has more highlights, for Tim I will post them as they come this season

That was pretty awesome, especially to see how the WR so perfectly fooled the CB then blew past the safety.