College players to watch

mrags

Jesse's at 49. Underrated, enormous upside, Athletic, explosive and powerful. Raw. Could have a RD1-2 year. Wonder if people will say, "What could he do if he weren't with so many top athletes?".

I have Oliver at #271. Bowling ball-type of runner who has very good change of direction and elusiveness, but is a decent downhill runner. Smallest RB on my board.

There is enough video already to show that Geno Smith still has some work to do. Watch this against a good LSU defense. Some passes are great; some are horrid, and some are good plays by the WR not Geno.

http://youtu.be/qvrXu9Fsvpk

I'm not saying he's flawless or a finisned product. What I am saying is that by the end of the season he will be at the top of the list and has the skill set that chan likes. More importantly, I am adament that he is not a run first wildcat type qb that Barbarian has pegged him to be. Also, if you would, show me the highlights of the qbs who did better than Geno against LSU last yr, cause its a short list.

THE-SENATOR-WANTS-A-BACKER

AND-MINGO-IS-HIS-NAME-O

M.I.N.G.O, M.I.N.G.O, M.I.N.G.O,

AND-MINGO-IS-HIS-NAME-O

IMHO we're light in the LB, QB, WR, and Interior OL Departments.

Once the season plays out, we'll have a better idea of the priority of needs.

I do want them to draft a QB in the early rounds next year, regardless.

Unfortunately, The Barkevious One will likely go in the top 5.

I'm just hoping that, somehow, Manti Te'o falls to us at the #32 spot - or we can trade up to get him. ILB will be a need, IMO...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

119 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

Barbarian, you REALLY need to sit down and actually WATCH geno smith, he's a pocket passer, prides himself on being a pocket passer, impressed everyone at the Manning PASSING Academy this past summer. He has the ability to run, but is so dead set on being a pocket passer that he often doesn't when he probably should. Seriously, please do some research.

We will see how the season goes

Jesse's at 49. Underrated, enormous upside, Athletic, explosive and powerful. Raw. Could have a RD1-2 year. Wonder if people will say, "What could he do if he weren't with so many top athletes?".

I have Oliver at #271. Bowling ball-type of runner who has very good change of direction and elusiveness, but is a decent downhill runner. Smallest RB on my board.

There is enough video already to show that Geno Smith still has some work to do. Watch this against a good LSU defense. Some passes are great; some are horrid, and some are good plays by the WR not Geno.

http://youtu.be/qvrXu9Fsvpk

Thank you Astro!

CarolinaBill is making the classic mistake of locking into one player.

just because he is not a run first QB doesn't mean he will be a good NFL QB, you have to be able to read Defenses and be accurate.

Kinda like Vince young.

Cordarro Law called, and he's looking for employment. [snicker]

I will have to make a list of all the players we TBDs have locked on to. Some are actually doing very well, and others not so much.

Agree on this guy. Murray is a stud. Only a Jr. in terms of eligibility, so he may not come out especially because he is enrolled in a PHD program at Georgia.

I have mixed feelings about Murray. In tapes vs Boise, LSU, SC and MSU, Murray had a pick or pick six, a fumble or caused a fumble by a bad handoff. Then he comes out this year and throws 258 YDS, 3 TD. I have him #113 right now. I'll give time for Dr. Murray to screw up.

i like Murray from UGA also, but ultimately Smith is the guy that fits with what chan likes to do. Also, in terms of Accuracy, Geno's career 65% comp is more than acceptable.

I still haven't gotten tgat list of how opposing qbs did vs LSU, hows it looking?

Also, Vince Young was a notorious slacker in the film room and with practice habits, on the other hand, Smith is a team leader with reportedly excellent study habits.

Edited by CarolinaBill

We will see how the season goes

Thank you Astro!

just because he is not a run first QB doesn't mean he will be a good NFL QB, you have to be able to read Defenses and be accurate.

Kinda like Vince young.

Did you, of all people, just say someone was too locked on one guy?

i like Murray from UGA also, but ultimately Smith is the guy that fits with what chan likes to do. Also, in terms of Accuracy, Geno's career 65% comp is more than acceptable.

I still haven't gotten tgat list of how opposing qbs did vs LSU, hows it looking?

Also, Vince Young was a notorious slacker in the film room and with practice habits, on the other hand, Smith is a team leader with reportedly excellent study habits.

We request the honor of all TSW members presence to the Marriage of;

CarolinaBill and Geno Smith

Thursday, the twenty fifth of April two thousand thirteen at eight o'clock at night

Music City Radio Hall

New York City

Did you, of all people, just say someone was too locked on one guy?

I definitely have my favorites but last year I would have been happy with Weedon or Osweiler. So far this year I'm going with Pachall and Bray.

you still haven't produce a valid arguement, criticism, or evidence to reinforce your original premise.

Did you miss Astro's video? As of last year I saw nothing that made me think we have to have that guy, like I said we will see how the year goes.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

did you answer my question?

i watched the video, i also went back and checked those opposing qbs #'s, guess what...

Smith had more yds, tds, and the 2nd best ypc vs LSU than any other QB, along with the 2nd best pt total vs one of the top 2 defenses in the country.

so the question was, who had a better individual performance against LSU?

Answer: Nobody, even the Bama qb, in LSU's only loss, couldnt even throw a td vs them, Geno managed 2.

using the LSU game as a adequate reflection of his play is misleading at best, nobody looked good against them.

did you answer my question?

i watched the video, i also went back and checked those opposing qbs #'s, guess what...

Smith had more yds, tds, and the 2nd best ypc vs LSU than any other QB, along with the 2nd best pt total vs one of the top 2 defenses in the country.

so the question was, who had a better individual performance against LSU?

Answer: Nobody, even the Bama qb, in LSU's only loss, couldnt even throw a td vs them, Geno managed 2.

using the LSU game as a adequate reflection of his play is misleading at best, nobody looked good against them.

And those are the guys he will be facing in the NFL

Alabama's QB sucked, how is that relevant?

Nothing you can say will change my mind, Geno will have to do it.

yea I answered your question but your not listening, he didn't impress me end of story

And those are the guys he will be facing in the NFL

Come on.... He'd also have nfl blockers backs and wrs around him too.

I have no horse in this race but the best game against a team that made pretty much everyone foolish, is a positive. Maybe not a huge meaningful one but it's silly to totally dismiss without any real reason.

We're clamoring for that teams 3rd corner to be a starter on our nfl team, and the other to come out was a top ten pick.

Edited by NoSaint

Look I'm looking for prototype NFL QBs not Spread option QBs that can't read NFL Defenses, We obviously have different criteria, no big Deal, you like yours and I like mine.

it will take years to prove who the better QB will be but I'll put my money Pachall and Bray.

Come on.... He'd also have nfl blockers backs and wrs around him too.

I have no horse in this race but the best game against a team that made pretty much everyone foolish, is a positive. Maybe not a huge meaningful one but it's silly to totally dismiss without any real reason.

We're clamoring for that teams 3rd corner to be a starter on our nfl team, and the other to come out was a top ten pick.

LSU didn't take on Luck, RG3, Tannehill, Weedon, Osweiler which would have given something to compare Geno to. The SEC isn't exactly a hot bed of QBs

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Look I'm looking for prototype NFL QBs not Spread option QBs that can't read NFL Defenses, We obviously have different criteria, no big Deal, you like yours and I like mine.

it will take years to prove who the better QB will be but I'll put my money Pachall and Bray.

LSU didn't take on Luck, RG3, Tannehill, Weedon, Osweiler which would have given something to compare Geno to. The SEC isn't exactly a hot bed of QBs

I wasn't arguing he'd be great as much as that the "nfl defenses are good" argument is kind of lame in a vacuum like that.

I wasn't arguing he'd be great as much as that the "nfl defenses are good" argument is kind of lame in a vacuum like that.

I believe its a good argument bc even though they don't go against them in college, one has to project how they will do reading them. When you're in an offense that has one or two reads then that QB may have trouble in the League.

Last one, promise. Wvu doenst run a spread option, its the spread air raid tjat ok st ran when holgerson was the OC there.

And tje assumption that a apread qb cant read D soeant apply, look at Cam and dalton, both spread qb both jad difft levels of success in yr 1.

as youve said, time will tell, and I'll leave it at that

Brandon Jenkins reportedly out for the season with a foot injury. This comes out of nowhere. He left the game saturday, but X-rays were negative. They said he was fine, and just getting an MRI for precautionary reasons, and now this.

Bjoern Werner's stock is going to go through the roof. Yes, this hurts FSU a lot, but DL is one place where we've got nasty depth.

Brandon Jenkins reportedly out for the season with a foot injury. This comes out of nowhere. He left the game saturday, but X-rays were negative. They said he was fine, and just getting an MRI for precautionary reasons, and now this.

Bjoern Werner's stock is going to go through the roof. Yes, this hurts FSU a lot, but DL is one place where we've got nasty depth.

Big fan of Werner, he had some really big games last year although a few games he got shut down reminds me of Schoebel.

Last one, promise. Wvu doenst run a spread option, its the spread air raid tjat ok st ran when holgerson was the OC there.

And tje assumption that a apread qb cant read D soeant apply, look at Cam and dalton, both spread qb both jad difft levels of success in yr 1.

as youve said, time will tell, and I'll leave it at that

No offense but have you been drinking, that spelling is brutal.

and lets leave it that, time will tell, hope Smith does well.