Cordy Glenn on list of Top 10 Impact rookies

He is #8

8. Cordy Glenn, OL, Bills: Glenn's the hot name to take over at left tackle for the Bills, and this could be big news for not just the Eagles (who will obviously sign him as a free agent and/or trade for him in five years) but also Ryan Fitzpatrick. Glenn could fortify protection for a quarterback who looked like a Pro Bowler before injury -- or a new contract, you pick -- derailed his season. And while folks might be inclined to chuckle at the Buffalo offense, this is a potentially dangerous unit. Fitzgerald, when healthy, can obviously play. Stevie Johnson is clearly dangerous. And the tandem of Fred Jackson and C.J. Spiller is dynamic. Add in a surprising second-round value in Glenn, and it could really help Buffalo meld together for a wild-card run in the AFC.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/19424114/top-impact-rookies-for-2012-nfl-season

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

A great pic by the Bills and Buddy worked the media planting the idea he could only play guard.

From all of the OTA and mini-camp reports plus his college video this kid is going to be very solid at LT for years to come (Didn't laugh at the sidebar comment in the story about Philadelphia ... we only send them our undrafted LT's).

This year's draft combined with last year's has created a very solid team of young players. I really can't think of any team with as much potential success as the Bills last two drafts appear to have given us.

From his college tape, he reminds me of another Glenn, Tarik Glenn, who protected Peyton in many of his best years. He should be a very solid player who is actually built perfectly for late season games in Buffalo. Loved this pick!

Fitzgerald reference.

Link?

Not to defend stupidity too much, but a sports writer could conceivably have Fitzgerald as an auto correct, since there are popular athletes named Fitzgerald. Then when they butcher the spelling of Fitzpatrick badly enough, the computer auto corrects it and neither they nor the editor notice.

A great pic by the Bills and Buddy worked the media planting the idea he could only play guard.

From all of the OTA and mini-camp reports plus his college video this kid is going to be very solid at LT for years to come (Didn't laugh at the sidebar comment in the story about Philadelphia ... we only send them our undrafted LT's).

This year's draft combined with last year's has created a very solid team of young players. I really can't think of any team with as much potential success as the Bills last two drafts appear to have given us.

well, it would seem that we only send them our lt's that don't want to be in buffalo anymore. so let's hope glenn has success and loves it here...or that he is ok and we can pass him to philly...love to see what buddy would do with 2 firsts!

Not to defend stupidity too much, but a sports writer could conceivably have Fitzgerald as an auto correct, since there are popular athletes named Fitzgerald. Then when they butcher the spelling of Fitzpatrick badly enough, the computer auto corrects it and neither they nor the editor notice.

heck, i get autocorrected on stuff that i spell right, and it drives me nuts.

How can you screw up Fitzpatrick? I mean Fitzpatrick, come on man.

funny how a guy picked 40 something is to be a top 10 player. I guess most teams dont know how to draft.

That and maybe finally the Bills do? Plus some good luck?

Glenn could be the steal of the draft. He could honestly be a pro bowler in a year or two. Think he needs some work with the coaches and will have an adjustment period. He has all the tools, and i believe he will be motivated to show he should have gone in the first, because he IS a LT.

funny how a guy picked 40 something is to be a top 10 player. I guess most teams dont know how to draft.

A guy picked 21st is a top 2 (rookie) player. Go figure.

And Glenn won't be going anywhere.

If Glenn proves to be worth it and not a prima donna, they'll keep him.

You got it. Pathetic. I don't think that the "progression" is too far away for some of these numbskull writers to just call him "Fitz-somebody".

I would prefer they just called him Fitz like all of us do.

We should start emailing them to no avail.

That and maybe finally the Bills do? Plus some good luck?

Glenn could be the steal of the draft. He could honestly be a pro bowler in a year or two. Think he needs some work with the coaches and will have an adjustment period. He has all the tools, and i believe he will be motivated to show he should have gone in the first, because he IS a LT.

Interesting that a guy who played LT for the first time as a senior, who improved weekly against top-flight competition, and who had his best games towards the end, could drop so low. I don't buy that Buddy poisoned the well (so to speak) by claiming he wasn't a LT, and other teams bought it. He has no know history of injuries. And while he is heavy, digging into his history, he only played at 345#, up from 330#, because his coaches told him to add weight. Let's hope he is a steal.

No comment on the Eagles line? That was the best part of the article (well, except for the whole Glenn could be good thing), spot on!

I'm guessing that the Fitz name thing is an auto correct deal. Just my 2c though...

The thing I like about Glenn is that even if he isn't a franchise LT he can be a great RT or Guard. Which getting that for a upper mid second rounder wouldn't be too bad. So Glenn is 50/50 at LT but has a very good chance to be a very good player elsewhere along the line.

Its not top 10 rookies but rather top 10 impact rookies. Glenn will get the chance to start and play at a position of huge need, not every rookie will be tasked with holding down a position of need that important to their team. Top that off a lot of people had him as a mid to late 1st rounder.

It's weird that these people get payed to know these players and write about them and half of the national media people cannot get the starting qb name right for...it's worse considering that there are only 31 other starting quarterbacks....these media people are jokes

It's weird that these people get payed to know these players and write about them and half of the national media people cannot get the starting qb name right for...it's worse considering that there are only 31 other starting quarterbacks....these media people are jokes

I would not call Sanchez a starting QB. Not saying it is Tebow - just Sanchize sucks.

Also. Paid. Not payed.

There is a funny song (although quite politically incorrect) about Gerald Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzgerald, the "The Two Gay Irishmen"

Neal Downe and Phillip McCann... etc, it's a hilarious tune.

Two Gay Irishmen lyrics

In these situations you should always try to find a way to use the phrase, "not that there's anything wrong with that."

It's kinda like saying "Ralph is cheap."

Next time the Bills play a game where the players announce their name and college on the opening series, Ryan should say Ryan Fitzgerald, Quarterback Harvard.

what are the chances that Nix tells the league that the guy can only play guard and all these GMs fall for it and don't draft him? I doubt that's why he fell. That being said, if I was a rookie football player and the GM of the team that drafted me misrepresented my abilities to get me to fall to the second round and thus decreasing the amount of money I was to earn, I'd be slightly resentful of that.

Edited by Nix Buddy