Do you ever picture TBDers

So I was thinking this the other day. If i ran into say Just Jack. I picture him in my mind as that "I lift them up and put them down" guy. Chef Jim I picture him as chef from south park. Jim In Anchorage has always been a statue to me. DC Tom with that Muppet has always been funny to me. I picture him typing away with that weird smile the puppet has.

Anyone else do this?

So I was thinking this the other day. If i ran into say Just Jack. I picture him in my mind as that "I lift them up and put them down" guy. Chef Jim I picture him as chef from south park. Jim In Anchorage has always been a statue to me. DC Tom with that Muppet has always been funny to me. I picture him typing away with that weird smile the puppet has.

Anyone else do this?

Funny, I always picuter DC Tom as Ashton Kutchner...for some strange reason....I hate Ashton Kutchner!

Way back when, in the early days of TBD, we had people send pictures to SDS who then posted them without names and people had to guess who they were. That was before we started doing tailgates and actually meeting face to face.

Way back when, in the early days of TBD, we had people send pictures to SDS who then posted them without names and people had to guess who they were. That was before we started doing tailgates and actually meeting face to face.

I remember that. I don't think anyone guessed mine.

To answer the OP's question: yes. In fact, I need them, otherwise I'm lost.

I also love this idea of sending of playing the guessing game, but in some way, I don't want to know. I prefer to picture y'all as I see fit: group shot.

What about meathead?

And I have thought about this many times, recently, as well. What do all of our avatars mean? Mine is the logo I designed for the farm - it is my actual bull photoshopped all up and green.

What about meathead?

And I have thought about this many times, recently, as well. What do all of our avatars mean? Mine is the logo I designed for the farm - it is my actual bull photoshopped all up and green.

Mine is also from the homestead. Milked regularly.

Funny, I always picuter DC Tom as Ashton Kutchner...for some strange reason....I hate Ashton Kutchner!

Not that strange. You probably hate me as well.

And in point of fact...Alec Baldwin looks like me.

I think my string of avatars has been Poz -> Towelie -> Animal from Muppets -> Walter Sobchak

I'd say I look like none of the above.

When I settled upon The Big Cat, it was--at first--a mighty struggle to not change my avatar. But, now I wouldn't even consider it...

Mine demonstrates the baseball side of me and where I come from; well, when they were the Florida Marlins. Kind of disappointed they chose to represent Miami instead of Florida (but you can't change your favorite team). I'm not from Miami and I absolutely hate the place. I'm so glad I live on the opposite coast, two hours away from it. I would love to move farther if I could.

Not that strange. You probably hate me as well.

And in point of fact...Alec Baldwin looks like me.

No, I don't hate you at all...you crack me up, most of the time...but I do hate Alec Baldwin...jeez, this is tough!

but I do hate Alec Baldwin.

I've seen u post in PPP and there's not much we agree on.

This however is one thing we can all agree :thumbsup:

Tho to be fair I do like that one Capital One commercial where he says you can't play games on the runway. That was some good self depricating humor

Why do you guys hate Alec Baldwin? The guy's awesome. His politics are mildly retarded but he's a great actor, he beats up photographers at 53, AND admits he thinks it's funny. There's something to be said for that kind of honesty.

Eh, he is also an arrogant, egomaniac...as someone who would probably agree with him, politically, his endorsement of anything political is sure to get a "elitist limousine liberal" tag from the other side of the aisle. I don't necessarily think that celebrities should not espouse their political views, but the way some do it (like Baldwin) is a turn off to many, and is sure to make people deaf to their message. I think Baldwin is a good actor, mind you, but I don't really like him...if that makes sense.

Tho to be fair I do like that one Capital One commercial where he says you can't play games on the runway. That was some good self depricating humor

I think he is good on "30 Rock", from the handuful of episodes I have seen.

Edited by Buftex

<-------------thats me!!!

Is that really you Snake?

Why do you guys hate Alec Baldwin? The guy's awesome. His politics are mildly retarded but he's a great actor, he beats up photographers at 53, AND admits he thinks it's funny. There's something to be said for that kind of honesty.

I stopped liking the guy after hearing his rant in a voice mail to his daughter. That is no way to talk to stranger let alone your daughter.

Is that really you Snake?

I stopped liking the guy after hearing his rant in a voice mail to his daughter. That is no way to talk to stranger let alone your daughter.

I thought it was ill to call her a pig, but having now seen her (she's a total !@#$ing babe) I don't think he instilled much in the way of body image insecurity in her.

Anyone else do this?

Just look at my profile. Yes I am the one without antlers :rolleyes: That gag has been used.

Some new guy a while back copied Mead's avitar and started posting all kind's of ranting post's on PPP and For two day's I was thinking what the hell got into Mead till I looked at the name.

Anyone who beats up a photographer immediately goes up two notches in my book.

Just look at my profile. Yes I am the one without antlers :rolleyes: That gag has been used.

Some new guy a while back copied Mead's avitar and started posting all kind's of ranting post's on PPP and For two day's I was thinking what the hell got into Mead till I looked at the name.

That Guy looked just like me? I try not to go to PPP very much as I think Unions are good for the most part.

In the 70's 80's and 90's I looked like Billy Joel. I'd have complete strangers come up and tell me. Not so much anymore. I have hair.

Back in the 90s I went thru a metal head phase and let my hair grow out. Put a baseball cap on and I looked like Wayne from Waynes World.

So much so that on a class trip to Paris, some Asian dude (China, Japan, I dunno where he was from) walks up to me and points and in broken Engrish does a "Waynes World! Waynes World! Party Time! Excellent!"

:lol:

Fat Alec or skinny (sorta) Alec?

Fat Alec, I think.

Once I actually signed autographs for people who thought I was him. They were, of course, not very bright people, and were REALLY confused after I signed my actual name and not "Alec Baldwin".