Ksk's ranking of 100 most average players in NFL history

The list is terrible, one third way less than average. Some flat out sucked, maybe draft position was the criteria used?

I went to the article because I was sure that I could come back here and tell you what the criteria was. Boy was I wrong and boy is that a crap list. (no offense to the OP)

Eddie George should have been the poster boy for that list...dude was perhaps the most overrated player to ever play in the NFL. He averaged 4 yards a carry only twice in his career(4.1 YPC both seasons), and ended his career with an average of 3.6 YPC. Basically, he piled up yards because he was durable, getting more than 300 carries in a season 8 straight years(in those 8 years he averaged 341 carries per season---are you freaking kidding me??)...so yeah, he got a lot of yards, but needed a lot of carries to get those yards...

I was a little upset to see Marvcus Patton on the list. I thought he was better than average. Maybe my memory is confused because he has one of my favorite player names of all time.

Well, he was in the high 90's on the list.. so that means he on the cusp of being "Slightly Above Average", right? :thumbsup:

The point was that there wasn't a criterion. Did none of you actually read what they wrote? They actually said they pulled these names out of their a$$es. It was a joke.

I was a little upset to see Marvcus Patton on the list. I thought he was better than average. Maybe my memory is confused because he has one of my favorite player names of all time.

Agreed...Anyone that plays 13 seasons mostly as a starter, especially an 8th round pick, is better than average

Eddie George should have been the poster boy for that list...dude was perhaps the most overrated player to ever play in the NFL. He averaged 4 yards a carry only twice in his career(4.1 YPC both seasons), and ended his career with an average of 3.6 YPC. Basically, he piled up yards because he was durable, getting more than 300 carries in a season 8 straight years(in those 8 years he averaged 341 carries per season---are you freaking kidding me??)...so yeah, he got a lot of yards, but needed a lot of carries to get those yards...

That's anything but average.

I'm surprised Kelsay didn't make the list.

not good enough.

pretty good list...but broadway Joe was a great talent....and Todd Collins was well below average.

could have had Buffalo's entire early 2000s roster on there

I agree. U don't play like a dozen seasons as average! He's also an above average human!

The point was that there wasn't a criterion. Did none of you actually read what they wrote? They actually said they pulled these names out of their a$$es. It was a joke.

Yeah, I read that...but it wasn't really funny...trying to figure out where the humor angle is on this...it is just like saying, here is a list of 100 avereage Americans, and then, just going to a phone book, and randomly selecting 100 names...what is funny about this? What is the point?

I like the inclusion of Joe Namath. If the Jets had lost Superbowl III, nobody today would know who he is and he would not be in the Hall.

Hate the inclusion of Nick Barnett. Barnett... really?

how old are you buckeye?