Skip Bayless Says .....

Skip Bayless tweeted this:

"Vince Young eventually will be the starting quarterback of the Buffalo Bills, who'll start causing problems in the AFC East."

If memory serves me, Skip once similarly said that VY will beat out Vick for the starting job in Philly.

What do you guys say? Will VY ever start ahead of a healthy Fitz?

Personally, I don't think so.

By the way, Bayless is not a guy who I think is very accurate or knowledgeable when he reports on the NFL. Nonetheless, I did like reading that the Bills will "start causing problems in the AFC East."

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Vince Young eventually will be the starting quarterback of the Buffalo Bills, who'll start causing problems in the AFC East."

If memory serves me, Skip once similarly said that VY will beat out Vick for the starting job in Philly.

By the way, Bayless is not a guy who I think is very accurate or knowledgeable when he reports on the NFL. Nonetheless, I did like reading that the Bills will "start causing problems in the AFC East."

If Fitz cracks his ribs again this year...

Bayless's job is to be controversial. I don't think he's an "idiot"; I think ESPN requires his opinions to be controversial.

i think sometimes skip takes the complete OPPOSITE view of what would be considered "racist," so he can be seen as "down" by his cohosts, like steven a., or scoop jackson. he has just always struck me as the kind of guy that would sit there at a cocktail party with a smug look on his face, and be quick to point out that he "has several black friends who feel this way."

with that being said, yes, vince young will resurrect his career in buffalo, and will replace fitz as the starter coming out of our bye week.

he is not an elite quarterback (neither is fitz,) but his ceiling is MUCH higher than fitzy, AND he has a winning record as a starter, and will have a qb guru working with him all offseason.

how anyone thinks vince wont be starting by the end of the season, i dont know.

IF Given a legit shot then yeah he can beat him out. Pure talent wise Fitz can't hold Youngs Jock. If young has matured and actually wants to focus on football, they give him a legit chance and he would beat fitz.

Nix and gailey won't let it happen

Skip has also said Lebron James and Adrian Peterson are overrated.

End of discussion.

IF Given a legit shot then yeah he can beat him out. Pure talent wise Fitz can't hold Youngs Jock. If young has matured and actually wants to focus on football, they give him a legit chance and he would beat fitz.

Nix and gailey won't let it happen

He could never beat out Fitz and i don't even like Fitz all that much. Young was never a good QB.

Edited by FleaMoulds80

You obviously have never heard him ramble and talk.

I'm not sure why that's "obvious." I watch ESPN and First Take pretty often. My point is that there is a reason ESPN employs Bayless; people are drawn to watching him to see his ridiculous points of view.

If Fitz doesn't come out as strong as he did last year when the team was 5-2 I think it could happen. But if Fitz starts off even 3-3 I think he keeps the job. Anything worse than 3-3 and a 50/50 split from game to game and he's a goner. Meaning, if he goes on a 3 game losing streK I think you'll see Chan put Young in at halftime in one of the games. Young will male a strong attempt to come back but still lose and the next week he will be declared the starter until je loses the job.

I'm not routing for this. I want Futz to prove to everyone that he's a good QB. But if he struggles this is what will happen.

It's teling that so few here can bring themselves past the guy who made the comment to simply answer the OP's question.

I think it's possible Young could spell Fitz if he really stunk it up by midseason, or if injured obviously.

It's teling that so few here can bring themselves past the guy who made the comment to simply answer the OP's question.

I think it's possible Young could spell Fitz if he really stunk it up by midseason, or if injured obviously.

Ding! Ding!

Couldn't have said it shorter and better Weo

Young is the backup. And unless the Bills get off to a really horrible start or Fitz gets hurt Young won't get a chance to take the job from Fitz. Its Fitz's team this season for better or worse.

For better or worse... Unless it bad.... Is that what I gathered there?

Bayless has heard of Young. Hasn't the foggiest idea who this Fitzgibbon guy is. Young therefor starts.

Bayless, though obnoxious, is atleast semi-consistent in liking winners despite stats often. See tebow mancrush for example.

VY is no savior and cannot be expected to carry a franchise. Didn't this guy try to commit suicide? He is emotionally fragile and / or immature. He is another dominant college athelete whose skills aren't compatible to the rigors of the NFL. I think he'll be lucky to beat out Thigpen for 2nd string and even if Fitz goes down we shouldn't expect him to carry the team for a prolonged period.

I think when Nix said that Young was signed to compete for a backup position, he meant it. I don't think the Bills are looking at Young as a potential starter. Young is not nearly as smart as Fitz and therefore isn't likely to run the offense the way Chan wants. He's not as emotionally stable as Fitz. He doesn't have Fitz's leadership skills.

I only see Young in a game if Fitz gets hurt. But if that did happen, it's possible that Young could play well and create a QB controversy - at least amongst the fans. Young does have the physical tools to play well when his head isn't up his butt. Despite his erratic background, I'm glad we brought him in.

My thinking is, if VY does beat out Thigpen, then he is better than him(capt obvious I know). BUT, Fitz with broken ribs last year was apparently a better choice to Chan than a healthy Thigpen. Who the hell knows is my opinion. Only time can tell what will happen with both of their positions.

My thinking is, if VY does beat out Thigpen, then he is better than him(capt obvious I know). BUT, Fitz with broken ribs last year was apparently a better choice to Chan than a healthy Thigpen. Who the hell knows is my opinion. Only time can tell what will happen with both of their positions.

I think thigpen has more to offer then the consensus opinion around this board. Handed a play book about a month before the season and literally weeks before pre-season.... No kidding it was a big learning curve. I'm sure in a condensed period like that he got less time and attention than average too - if you barely have time to get starters fully up to speed you clearly can't spend significant time on plan b(similar could be said for Morrison). All that said, I think VY is better. He has nfl wins with bullets flying. Maybe not pretty, obviously some bad situations along the way and I don't think he beats fitz out at camp but I think this is a good spot. I think he needs positivity, family and low visibility/pressure. I think a guy like VY could really come into his own given some southern boys -especially one that knows the qb position- wanting him around, a starter that has pot luck dinners at his house etc.... Fisher never wanted him and Philly was full of "me" players. I think this has potential to be a good spot. Don't see any hope he beats out fitz in camp but he could be the type of player that given snaps never gives the job back.

I think thigpen has more to offer then the consensus opinion around this board. Handed a play book about a month before the season and literally weeks before pre-season.... No kidding it was a big learning curve. I'm sure in a condensed period like that he got less time and attention than average too - if you barely have time to get starters fully up to speed you clearly can't spend significant time on plan b(similar could be said for Morrison). All that said, I think VY is better. He has nfl wins with bullets flying. Maybe not pretty, obviously some bad situations along the way and I don't think he beats fitz out at camp but I think this is a good spot. I think he needs positivity, family and low visibility/pressure. I think a guy like VY could really come into his own given some southern boys -especially one that knows the qb position- wanting him around, a starter that has pot luck dinners at his house etc.... Fisher never wanted him and Philly was full of "me" players. I think this has potential to be a good spot. Don't see any hope he beats out fitz in camp but he could be the type of player that given snaps never gives the job back.

Exactly why I think this is more about fitz than thig. You can make excuses why thig deserves another year as back up. But he has no chance of pushing fitz. This team does not want fitz to get too comfortable or secure in his position.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

If Fitzpatrick gets hurt early the Bills will be looking outside of the organization for QB help...

No way Young goes to full time QB with a lot of games still to be played... He would play if there were only a hand full of games at most left... I do not see Fitzpatrick going down for a long period of time, but yes I can see Young coming in to help out......

If Fitzpatrick gets hurt early the Bills will be looking outside of the organization for QB help...

No way Young goes to full time QB with a lot of games still to be played... He would play if there were only a hand full of games at most left... I do not see Fitzpatrick going down for a long period of time, but yes I can see Young coming in to help out......

I couldn't disagree more. We will see, but I think the extended absence possibility is precisely why this moves being made. Young may not have it anymore but I think the goal is a guy that could win meaningful games if fitz gets hurt in the first half of the year. I don't see thigpen doing that - VY would be a possibility.

Plus.... When does what you said ever really happen?

Edited by NoSaint

What??????????? The bills just looked outside the organization and brought in Vince Young. So they are gonna make a call and get Keanu Reeves aka Shane Falco? Talk Kurt Warner off of NFL Network? Or will it be the great Brett Farve? This seems a lil funny IMO

Edited by Ryan L Billz