Skip Bayless Says .....

I absolutely fail to see how you guys CANT imagine a scenario where vince young takes over the starting job, POSSIBLY before the season even kicks off.

the fisher-suicide thing is so overblown its ridiculous.

facts:

bud adams wanted to draft vince young - not jeff fisher.

bud adams wanted vince young to start - not jeff fisher.

jeff fisher called the police on vince young to report him missing.

bud adams fired jeff fisher.

the whole scenario was a power struggle. a rookie qb comes into the league and has to deal with that? imagine if your first job out of college, and your boss hated you and wanted you fired? every day? oh right - im sorry. pro athletes are robots, not humans. vince young can feel no emotion, he should have just manned up and dealt with it, because he's a millionaire. right.

and as for comparing him to fitz?

whats vy's record as a starter? 31-17 or something? with some playoff trips?

and fitz has won us 4 and 6 games in his 2 years as starter?

look - i am fitzys BIGGEST fan. i want to win with him. i want our super bowl winning qb to be the harvard guy that plays sim city and has bbqs with his east aurora neighbors every weekend.

BUT.

vince young is a FOOTBALL PLAYER. just like super mario. just like stevie. just like freddie.

i LOVE fitz. but forget about the question "can vince young challenge fitz." cause im telling you right now, this alread is a quarterback controversy, and allow me to be the first to say: vince should start week 1.

thesis statement: if chan can turn 7th round draft pick ryan fitzpatrick into a competent NFL qb, imagine what he can do with a qb of vy's caliber? as an aside - remember slash?...

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely fail to see how you guys CANT imagine a scenario where vince young takes over the starting job, POSSIBLY before the season even kicks off.

the fisher-suicide thing is so overblown its ridiculous.

facts:

bud adams wanted to draft vince young - not jeff fisher.

bud adams wanted vince young to start - not jeff fisher.

jeff fisher called the police on vince young to report him missing.

bud adams fired jeff fisher.

the whole scenario was a power struggle. a rookie qb comes into the league and has to deal with that? imagine if your first job out of college, and your boss hated you and wanted you fired? every day? oh right - im sorry. pro athletes are robots, not humans. vince young can feel no emotion, he should have just manned up and dealt with it, because he's a millionaire. right.

and as for comparing him to fitz?

whats vy's record as a starter? 31-17 or something? with some playoff trips?

and fitz has won us 4 and 6 games in his 2 years as starter?

look - i am fitzys BIGGEST fan. i want to win with him. i want our super bowl winning qb to be the harvard guy that plays sim city and has bbqs with his east aurora neighbors every weekend.

BUT.

vince young is a FOOTBALL PLAYER. just like super mario. just like stevie. just like freddie.

i LOVE fitz. but forget about the question "can vince young challenge fitz." cause im telling you right now, this alread is a quarterback controversy, and allow me to be the first to say: vince should start week 1.

thesis statement: if chan can turn 7th round draft pick ryan fitzpatrick into a competent NFL qb, imagine what he can do with a qb of vy's caliber? as an aside - remember slash?...

:lol:

Skip Bayless tweeted this:

"Vince Young eventually will be the starting quarterback of the Buffalo Bills, who'll start causing problems in the AFC East."

If memory serves me, Skip once similarly said that VY will beat out Vick for the starting job in Philly.

What do you guys say? Will VY ever start ahead of a healthy Fitz?

Personally, I don't think so.

By the way, Bayless is not a guy who I think is very accurate or knowledgeable when he reports on the NFL. Nonetheless, I did like reading that the Bills will "start causing problems in the AFC East."

He might - if he puts his head into the game in a major way. But Chan ain't dumbing down the main playbook to suit VY.

I didn't see Vick coming back to shove out McNabb, but it happened. And it happened the old-fashioned way: he earned it, with better preparation, higher completion percentage, and more patience.

VY ain't beating out Fitz for the job while he's playing on a 1 yr contract, and the Bills will start causing problems in the AFC east if their D improves to match the off-season talent infusion.

absolutely fail to see how you guys CANT imagine a scenario where vince young takes over the starting job, POSSIBLY before the season even kicks off.

I'm trying to parse this and it's making my head hurt. I think it means you have an overactive imagination because you can imagine scenarios I assure you our front office never dreamed of.

1. They did NOT sign a guy to a 1 yr contract to become our franchise QB dude 2. Chan took Edwards through 2 games of the regular season before pulling the plug.

On the other had, it might mean you lack imagination because you can't imagine how we can't see your overly imaginative scenario?

Take heart - you do have imagination, it's just kinda flabby and out - of - shape and you need to put it on an exercise program and make it do push-ups and pull-ups.

I think P90X has an imagination module now

imagine if your first job out of college, and your boss hated you and wanted you fired? every day?

Wait, now the imagination is out of its cage and running amok. VY was a 1st round draft choice. We're postulating the HC so hates his job and wants to be fired, that he dogs the 1st round draft choice at the most important position on the field, just hates him, wants him fired, and lets it show 24/365

R-iiiiiiight.

If you're Fitzy's BIGGEST fan, he just might be better off with his worst enemy.

Again - the front office did not sign VY to a 1 yr contract to become "our guy". That would be beyond stupid. The only QB controversy will exist in the minds of imaginative fans and the media, which is paid to create controversy.

Fitz ain't stupid. You can't fix stupid.

Here's all I have to say about the Skipper.

Flashback to 1996 after Buffalo beat Indy in OT to win their 2nd in a row under a backup QB. Skip Bayless went on an on about how this QB was "the real deal" ....the player in question??? Todd Collins.

He also predicts tebow will take sanchez's job within the first 8 games.

"The guy's been to two Pro Bowls, he's 31-19 as a starter in this league," Nix said. "We think he can do that again."

And if he does he's all but assured of being the starter because fitz isn't going to be named a pro bowler any time soon

He also predicts tebow will take sanchez's job within the first 8 games.

Inpoetant parallels between the bills and jets QB situations: teams that are solid up and down except for serious question marks at the QB positions. Successful QBs brought in as "backups" with both teams overly emphasizing the backup role because everyone with a clue knows theyre here to push the starter

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

"The guy's been to two Pro Bowls, he's 31-19 as a starter in this league," Nix said. "We think he can do that again."

And if he does he's all but assured of being the starter because fitz isn't going to be named a pro bowler any time soon

Inpoetant parallels between the bills and jets QB situations: teams that are solid up and down except for serious question marks at the QB positions. Successful QBs brought in as "backups" with both teams overly emphasizing the backup role because everyone with a clue knows theyre here to push the starter

I agree with your thought here. I will say I am much more confident with Young as our backup rather than tebow. I'm also happy if it works out that Tygpen will be a likely candidate for a high school coach by Septmeber 9 and no longer a Bill.

I'm trying to parse this and it's making my head hurt. I think it means you have an overactive imagination because you can imagine scenarios I assure you our front office never dreamed of.

1. They did NOT sign a guy to a 1 yr contract to become our franchise QB dude 2. Chan took Edwards through 2 games of the regular season before pulling the plug.

On the other had, it might mean you lack imagination because you can't imagine how we can't see your overly imaginative scenario?

Take heart - you do have imagination, it's just kinda flabby and out - of - shape and you need to put it on an exercise program and make it do push-ups and pull-ups.

I think P90X has an imagination module now

Wait, now the imagination is out of its cage and running amok. VY was a 1st round draft choice. We're postulating the HC so hates his job and wants to be fired, that he dogs the 1st round draft choice at the most important position on the field, just hates him, wants him fired, and lets it show 24/365

R-iiiiiiight.

If you're Fitzy's BIGGEST fan, he just might be better off with his worst enemy.

Again - the front office did not sign VY to a 1 yr contract to become "our guy". That would be beyond stupid. The only QB controversy will exist in the minds of imaginative fans and the media, which is paid to create controversy.

Fitz ain't stupid. You can't fix stupid.

im glad to see this has generated such good conversation.

and while we can all make jokes and laugh about grammatical errors, sentence structures ive used in my post, and various other word play devices, here's another fun game for you losers to engage in:

vince young 31-19, fitzpatrick 17-31.

i think people have been absolutely blinded by the proficiency by which our offense put points on the board for the first half of 2011, and 2010.

HOWEVER. the fact remains: those clubs yielded LESS wins than jaurons clubs, and, (more importantly) less wins than wade phillips clubs (read: the last bills team to make the playoffs.)

so, until the league amends the rules to include teams that "try hard, put some points on the board, and generally put on a better show for their fans than the previous season" in the playoffs - were better off with vince young as a starter.

sorry to start a quarter back controversy, but the last time we had a quarterback controversy, we were a forward lateral away from making the divisional round of the playoffs. funny how competition is good for every spot on the roster except quarterback.

Edited by JohnnyGold

im glad to see this has generated such good conversation.

and while we can all make jokes and laugh about grammatical errors, sentence structures ive used in my post, and various other word play devices, here's another fun game for you losers to engage in:

vince young 31-19, fitzpatrick 17-31.

i think people have been absolutely blinded by the proficiency by which our offense put points on the board for the first half of 2011, and 2010.

HOWEVER. the fact remains: those clubs yielded LESS wins than jaurons clubs, and, (more importantly) less wins than wade phillips clubs (read: the last bills team to make the playoffs.)

so, until the league amends the rules to include teams that "try hard, put some points on the board, and generally put on a better show for their fans than the previous season" in the playoffs - were better off with vince young as a starter.

sorry to start a quarter back controversy, but the last time we had a quarterback controversy, we were a forward lateral away from making the divisional round of the playoffs. funny how competition is good for every spot on the roster except quarterback.

Flutie/johnson wasn't the last qb controversy we had. Edwards/losman was a pretty big deal too. Plus we had several smaller ones.... The wins/losses column for qbs is over rated. Vince young has a better percentage in the regular season than eli, so that doesn't mean young is better than eli. The bills had such easy schedules under jauron, jests and phins were jokes. Then fed Ryan came to town and jests got good again, and then the phins werent picking first overall anymore. The division got tough during jauron's last year, which was actually was his worst.

If your offense is scoring a lot of points, but you still lose because your defense is garbage, then maybe qb wasn't the problem....

Though I still would like a top 10 qb instead of Fitz, but young is no top ten qb either. Unlike Fitz, it looks like young started out well and gradually got worse as time went on. Where as Fitz seems to have gradually gotten better, besides the.jeckyl and Hyde season he had at the end of last year.

Plus Fitz has a relationship with these receivers and rest of offense. It would take time for young to build what Fitz already has

"Vince Young eventually will be the starting quarterback of the Buffalo Bills, who'll start causing problems in the AFC East."

If memory serves me, Skip once similarly said that VY will beat out Vick for the starting job in Philly.

By the way, Bayless is not a guy who I think is very accurate or knowledgeable when he reports on the NFL. Nonetheless, I did like reading that the Bills will "start causing problems in the AFC East."

Skip Bayless says "I am a complete and total douchebag who doesn't know his a-hole from his elbow."

No

we totes got VY to be our Sanchez to Fitzys Tebo.

Every team needs one!!!

Fitzy is a workout warrior who is always in the film room, he'll do grrrrrrrreat.

trust me

Fitz is not a work out warrior and would trade Vince for Tebow any day.

There is nothing wrong with a little pressure put on on Fitz or any other starter by someone competing for their job. That is what make players better. I hope VY can be a competent backup. If he gets an op to start due to injury and makes the best of it then so be it but he was really brought in to compete for a backup spot.