Skip Bayless Says .....

In todays NFL you need a QB with a good arm and brain. Legs are optional, but very helpful.

Fitz is missing the arm and so far anyway, VY has been missing the brain.

Not many were questioning Fitz's arm when the team was 5-2 despite having no defense. Fitz was playing like a top 10 borderline top 5 QB in the first half of last season. He breaks his ribs, The D is terrible, the offense suffers even more injuries, and suddenly the guy doesn't have the arm to get it done?

If the D is improved to even a passable unit and the offense is back where it was before the injuries than I think Fitz can be a top 10 or at the very least borderline top 10 guy. The team responds to Fitz's play, and he is a very smart decision maker with a quick release and a solid arm.

Granted this year is sink or swim for him. But he has most of the tools (The team needs to find or develop a number 2 WR) to flourish like he has at shown at times.

I think the D is going to be a big thing for Fitz. He never really has played with a good D at any point in his time here.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

listen i like fitz and dont have much confidence vy will ever be starting material again, if he ever even really was

but anybody who thinks there wont be a qb controversy is fooling themselves. id even say chuddy is telling a white lie themselves by playing down the possibility of vy challenging fitz at some point. whether hes washed up or not, given his background and experience if vy makes the team it seems almost inevitable

its easy to see it happening just like its happened jillions of times before - starter struggles, gets injured, backup comes in, lights it up, BOOM goes the dynamite

lots of times it happens cuz the opponent doesnt make adjustments fast enough, even after a couple games. but often the new hero cant sustain their magic once defenses do adapt and the sudden star quickly goes back to sucking obscurity

none of that will be remembered in those frantic moments when the established starter is throwing ugly picks and the backup who got the chance is scoring tds as soon as he comes in. whether thats a real picture of what will happen long term or not the screams will be for the new guy

and in this case, vy wont even have to do anything good, people will clamor for him the monday fitz has a bad game

i dont think vy has it in him, but as a bills fan i hope he finally puts it all (his head) together this time. not holding my breath tho

Vince Young has ridiculous athletic talent. Ridiculous. If he decides that he wants to put in the work and hone that talent to becoming the best NFL QB he can be, it wouldn't really be a contest. Young's problem has never been athletic.

http://articles.philly.com/2012-02-24/sports/31095858_1_eagles-backup-circus-act

Before getting too worked up about the above comment, VY didn't last long in Eagleland where Andy Reid is considered a QB guru.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/25/vince-young-may-not-have-backup-job-locked-up/

All the Fitz Fans are shaking.

Aren't we all Bills fans? Is it wrong that I like Fitz? I do. That doesn't mean I wouldn't take an upgrade if there was one available. The off-season is starting to bore some people enough to start flame wars apparently. :huh:

Not many were questioning Fitz's arm when the team was 5-2 despite having no defense. Fitz was playing like a top 10 borderline top 5 QB in the first half of last season. He breaks his ribs, The D is terrible, the offense suffers even more injuries, and suddenly the guy doesn't have the arm to get it done?

If the D is improved to even a passable unit and the offense is back where it was before the injuries than I think Fitz can be a top 10 or at the very least borderline top 10 guy. The team responds to Fitz's play, and he is a very smart decision maker with a quick release and a solid arm.

Granted this year is sink or swim for him. But he has most of the tools (The team needs to find or develop a number 2 WR) to flourish like he has at shown at times.

I think the D is going to be a big thing for Fitz. He never really has played with a good D at any point in his time here.

I was questioning ... questioning if I could have been wrong and his throwing motion was not bad after all ;)

I hope Gailey figures out a series of game plans that allows Fitz and the offense to light it up all season, we will see.

And I agree with you in that the defense should be much improved this year and should not be an excuse if the offense does not perform.

I was questioning ... questioning if I could have been wrong and his throwing motion was not bad after all ;)

I hope Gailey figures out a series of game plans that allows Fitz and the offense to light it up all season, we will see.

And I agree with you in that the defense should be much improved this year and should not be an excuse if the offense does not perform.

My whole thing is I don't know what people expect from Fitz. People on this board thought we had one of the worst olines heading into last season. Look at every roster in the NFL. Who has a situation where their highest drafted receiver is a 7th rounder (who had 200 yards his first 2 seasons)? What QB would light it up with that low profile group of receivers? One of the reason why I wanted Floyd is it would be nice to have an guy who wasn't an UDFA for Fitz to throw too.

Fitz certainly has his flaws. But he is by far and away the best QB on the roster. I liked VY a lot out of college but he has regressed and is an awful leader. Physically, it will be interested to see if he can benefit from our coaching staff. But Fitz gives our team the best chance to win right now.

P.S. Jalen rose pretty much killed Skip. Skip called his high school basketball skills (which is sad in itself) that of Pistol Pete. Rose found out that Skip averaged like a 1 point per game his senior year and promptly called him the Water Pistol.

there were questions. i specifically remember concerns after the bengals game, even though we won the eagles game it was the one that stood out for me, and the giants game did nothing to help. thats a 3 games stretch over the best 7 of his career that you are referencing. theres reason to worry. that doesnt mean hes a bum, but i havent seen that week in and week out consistency. granted he hasnt had very consistent teams around him either.

Edited by NoSaint

My whole thing is I don't know what people expect from Fitz. People on this board thought we had one of the worst olines heading into last season. Look at every roster in the NFL. Who has a situation where their highest drafted receiver is a 7th rounder (who had 200 yards his first 2 seasons)? What QB would light it up with that low profile group of receivers? One of the reason why I wanted Floyd is it would be nice to have an guy who wasn't an UDFA for Fitz to throw too.

Fitz certainly has his flaws. But he is by far and away the best QB on the roster. I liked VY a lot out of college but he has regressed and is an awful leader. Physically, it will be interested to see if he can benefit from our coaching staff. But Fitz gives our team the best chance to win right now.

P.S. Jalen rose pretty much killed Skip. Skip called his high school basketball skills (which is sad in itself) that of Pistol Pete. Rose found out that Skip averaged like a 1 point per game his senior year and promptly called him the Water Pistol.

Yea Jalen said "i have a phd in talking trash". And proceeded to kill Skippy the water pistol pete.....Haaaaa

Vince Young has ridiculous athletic talent. Ridiculous. If he decides that he wants to put in the work and hone that talent to becoming the best NFL QB he can be, it wouldn't really be a contest. Young's problem has never been athletic.

http://articles.phil...ckup-circus-act

OH, my. What a trip! Talking about Trent Edwards as the backup as if it's a done deal. My pick for best quote of the article:

"Again, though, this is the word: "stability." That is what they hope to see in Edwards - quick reads, get the ball out, throw it to the correctly colored jerseys, don't lose the game."

Well, maybe Captain Checkdown has healed enough in his season off that he can do a good job in a game-day jersey. He seems like a decent kind of guy and I wish him the best.

I sure don't miss his press conferences though.

People watch ESPN because they think it's "cool" and "hip" to watch anything sports related. And the poor guys doing anything NOT sports related (comic books, video games e.t.c) are deemd "uncool" by this caveman-like, barbaric society.

So it's a toss up between ESPN or comic books and video games???

Oh that's right, you're 16.

http://articles.philly.com/2012-02-24/sports/31095858_1_eagles-backup-circus-act

Before getting too worked up about the above comment, VY didn't last long in Eagleland where Andy Reid is considered a QB guru

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/25/vince-young-may-not-have-backup-job-locked-up/

Why?

Why?

Because mcnabb was great in philly, then he left and fizzled out. Kolb looked good in philly, vick looked good in philly, kafka looked good in in philly, I mean, when that many qbs look good on your team, you should be a qb guru. The only qb in philly that did not look good was young, from my memory.

Because mcnabb was great in philly, then he left and fizzled out. Kolb looked good in philly, vick looked good in philly, kafka looked good in in philly, I mean, when that many qbs look good on your team, you should be a qb guru. The only qb in philly that did not look good was young, from my memory.

Sounds about right.

OH, my. What a trip! Talking about Trent Edwards as the backup as if it's a done deal. My pick for best quote of the article:

"Again, though, this is the word: "stability." That is what they hope to see in Edwards - quick reads, get the ball out, throw it to the correctly colored jerseys, don't lose the game."

Well, maybe Captain Checkdown has healed enough in his season off that he can do a good job in a game-day jersey. He seems like a decent kind of guy and I wish him the best.

I sure don't miss his press conferences though.

Not a fan of the QB running his fingers through his locks over and over? :D