I thought we were going to get a big WR...

Toshiero

I could be completely wrong about the draft and I pray that I am, I am sick of this team sucking, but I don't have to agree with the decisions Buddy or anyone else makes. That is a Fan and every Americans right.

So, let's see. We have the right to freedom of speech, assembly and the press. We have the right to bear arms. And we have the right to be a Sally and whine on message boards ad nauseam until others ears bleed.

This thread keeps getting better. Let's rename it "Toshiero's Bill of Rights."

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No you girls call me a troll because I won't drink the kool aid and never will. When this team actually produces again then fine. So far we are still at team drafting in the top 10 till something changes and I wasn't that thrilled with this draft.

I could be completely wrong about the draft and I pray that I am, I am sick of this team sucking, but I don't have to agree with the decisions Buddy or anyone else makes. That is a Fan and every Americans right.

Thank you for proving my point with alarming precision.

Were you trying to say "draft"???

Are you literally drinking while typing this, or did you put your malt liquor down long enough to rant for a while?

This would sort of help explain how you are comparing the 5'11" Graham with the 5'8" Parrish.

No - we didn't get the top big WR - fair point - as others have pointed out, the right guy wasn't available.

If Easely can't go, we're "stuck" with Stevie 6'2", Nelson 6'5", and Chandler 6'7" for our midget set of end zone targets.

Dont forget Derek Hagan at 6'2 215 pounds runs a 4.4

No you girls call me a troll because I won't drink the kool aid and never will. When this team actually produces again then fine. So far we are still at team drafting in the top 10 till something changes and I wasn't that thrilled with this draft.

The truth is, you couldn't see something positive if it hit you in the face. Every single post is bitching about something. Always. I understand being upset about lthe years of losing, but maybe you should give up your kitty-assed whining and find something else to do. Get another hobby if this makes you so upset.

So the Bills drafted like smart teams like niners and your not thrilled ? Offensive lines make teams buddy. Dominant OL with all this competition as well as kick arse defense is how you win games. Stick to the script toshy. No reason to draft like the old bills did.

Please don't feed this troll by engaging with it. Its never-ending negativity only serves as evidence of how miserable a troll it must be. Just let it whine into the ether of the internet. Maybe if we stop feeding it, it will go away.

Edited by ndirish1978

I love how I am a troll because I don't drink the Kool Aid and question the picks. I mean being a lemming and just blinding backing every pick the Bills have made in hopes they change things has really worked for the last 12 years.

Toshiero, it's not about Kool Aid, it's about how you have no more clue on how the Bills picks will turn out than an inch worm does. No one does. You think only the Bills have had busts? I suggest you start doing some homework.

For now, all the guys picked in the 2012 Draft can all play in the NFL., and that will continue until they prove otherwise. Yes, some may be Bills picks, but I have a hunch that similar misses will be made all across the league......

I love how I am a troll because I don't drink the Kool Aid and question the picks. I mean being a lemming and just blinding backing every pick the Bills have made in hopes they change things has really worked for the last 12 years.

I have never been one to give Nix or anyone else in the front office a free pass on anything.

I don't necessarily agree with every pick, but overall I think this was the best Bills draft that I can remember.

Add that to what I feel is the best FA I can remember, and the Bills had one hell of an offseason.

Just my opinion, but I don't think you need to be a Kool Aid drinker to like this offseason.

One of the qualities this receiver brings is key to our reason for grabbing him. And it really applies to the current staff of players. This kid can catch, after which he heads upfield at ridiculous speed. I watched a fair amount of his play because i didn't know much of him. He is a perfect fit for the Fitz quickie. Then turn and blow by everything. Sure he'll need work and thats a fair cop. He will also pull coverage deep with him as our O line gets fitzgibbons more time. If Easley can play we just got a lot better.

by the way i dont see him returning so much. Moreso if we retain McKelvin and White.

That isn't covered even when he is. I mean that is what Nix said we were going to go after in the offseason right? Instead we draft a midget in the 3rd round with a 7th round grade. Didn't we have a guy like that in Parrish we let walk?

The Bills current receivers are all posession wide outs. A big wide out would be a great add, but Gailey knows that he needs a guy that is an explosive deep threat. Since the big talent was gone, he must have felt this was the next best option. The guy might pan out, he might not. But at that point in the draft who was left? Sanu? He's a posession wr. Forcing a defense to account for a guy that can burn you deep for a td opens the field up more than a guy like Sanu would.

Gailey and Nix know more about what they need than anyone else can claim to. I dont understand why there is so much negativity floating around.

Welcome to TBD, home of the Kool-Aid drinkers and lemmings galore. Kool-Aid drinkers just don’t deal well with reality and logic. “They Want to Believe”. And you had better too, or else!

Everyone says Nix is a good evaluator of talent, yet let’s look at the facts

In the 3 years since Nix returned to the Bills and was in charge of player evaluations, they have had the worst 3 year record in 25 years.

Since Nix returned to the team in 2009 the Bills have sent 2 players to the Pro Bowl

In any 3 year period in the last 10 years the least number of players that the Bills sent to the pro bowl was 6. At least 2 per year. Last year none were sent.

In 2011 he had a number 3 pick and selected Dareus, a player who was in fact worthy of a number 3 pick, but then again so were all the possible top 5 picks last year. He picked 4 players that may or may not turn out to be above average players this year, this season will tell that story.

In 2010 the only possible standout pick was Spiller with a top 10 pick, this year will tell the story on Spiller.

In 2009 the Bills wasted the 11th pick on Maybin, but had a decent draft with the next four picks, no standout players, but decent players

This record does not show Nix to be anything but a below average selector of talent since he joined the Bills in 2009. Many of the Kool-Aid drinkers talk about how he is the Pro and he knows more than us, but as a “Pro”, his record in Buffalo is well below stellar. You earn faith, and he has to date done little to justify my faith.

No, you're a troll because you take what the "experts" say as scripture and regurgitate the crap that people, who don't know much about the prospects, say is so. God forbid you do your own research and actually watch these kids play...it's not hard to find game tapes on-line brotha...Formulate your own opinions and compare them to those of people that actually work in the NFL and let us know what you come up with.

By the way, we did just sign a UDFA Tounkara-Kone who is big and was "open when covered"...albeit in the IVY League, but he's still 6'4" & 220lbs.

We have a crap load of WRs on the roster we haven't even checked out yet: Hagen, Easley, and Clowney.

Welcome to TBD, home of the Kool-Aid drinkers and lemmings galore. Kool-Aid drinkers just don’t deal well with reality and logic. “They Want to Believe”. And you had better too, or else!

In the 3 years since Nix returned to the Bills and was in charge of player evaluations, they have had the worst 3 year record in 25 years.

Since Nix returned to the team in 2009 the Bills have sent 2 players to the Pro Bowl

In any 3 year period in the last 10 years the least number of players that the Bills sent to the pro bowl was 6. At least 2 per year. Last year none were sent.

In 2011 he had a number 3 pick and selected Dareus, a player who was in fact worthy of a number 3 pick, but then again so were all the possible top 5 picks last year. He picked 4 players that may or may not turn out to be above average players this year, this season will tell that story.

In 2010 the only possible standout pick was Spiller with a top 10 pick, this year will tell the story on Spiller.

In 2009 the Bills wasted the 11th pick on Maybin, but had a decent draft with the next four picks, no standout players, but decent players

This record does not show Nix to be anything but a below average selector of talent since he joined the Bills in 2009. Many of the Kool-Aid drinkers talk about how he is the Pro and he knows more than us, but as a “Pro”, his record in Buffalo is well below stellar. You earn faith, and he has to date done little to justify my faith.

1) Nix wasn't the GM in 2009.

2) Nix only had weeks in the GM chair to prepare for the 2010 draft. Plus Tom Modrak was still head of scouting. He got fired after that draft.

Not sure what your are drinking but it ain't making you any smarter.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

So why come here then? To impart your vast knowledge on us "kool-aid drinkers and lemmings"

-BTW, it's been accepted that Aaron Maybin was not a Buddy Nix selection. Doesn't even come close to meeting his criteria.

-2010 Tom Modrak was still the head of college scouting.

-His record doesn't stop at just the Bills BTW. At San Diego, one could argue Nix is responsible for 8 Pro Bowlers: CB Antonio Cromartie (2008), C Nick Hardwick (2007), C Vincent Jackson (2010), K Nate Kaeding (2007, 2010), LB Shawne Merriman (2006-08), T Marcus McNeil (2007-08), S Hank Milligan (2006) and QB Philip Rivers (2007-08, 2010). Three of his unsigned rookie free agents – TE Antonio Gates (2005-10), G Kris Dielman (2008-10) and WR/ST Kassim Osgood (2007-08, 2010) were also selected to the pro-bowl...

But yea he has been WAY below average at selecting talent.

Gailey is the person who really wanted WR T.J. Graham...Here is why, as he stated...He needed another guy like Parish... Someone really fast who could open the field... Who would make defenders cover him when he went deep, to let the Bills other receivers have a better opportunity to get open... Graham is as fast as a bullet... He will be a dynamite kick and punt returner... Graham has a body of proof to show for it... Would it have been better to get a taller receiver in the 3rd round?... it is not what Gailey wanted to help his spread offense... I think he knows best and better than you and me...

This.