Rob Gronkowski

Is it me or does gronk seem really.... Immature? I've honestly only watched a handful of interviews but I always am left surprised that it was a guy in his mid 20s and not a high school student (minus the fact that he's physically a monster). Maybe just a poor sampling, but when I couple it with his hooking up with a HS girl this offseason, I feel like he's just not very adult yet. Anyone else?

Is it me or does gronk seem really.... Immature? I've honestly only watched a handful of interviews but I always am left surprised that it was a guy in his mid 20s and not a high school student (minus the fact that he's physically a monster). Maybe just a poor sampling, but when I couple it with his hooking up with a HS girl this offseason, I feel like he's just not very adult yet. Anyone else?

He's a kid having the time of his life. He doesn't have a million babies, he hasn't tested positive for roids, he hasn't killed or been busted for weed possession/intent, he hasn't called out his coahes or team mates. Who cares?

He's a kid having the time of his life. He doesn't have a million babies, he hasn't tested positive for roids, he hasn't killed or been busted for weed possession/intent, he hasn't called out his coahes or team mates. Who cares?

Wasn't bashing him, was just curious if anyone else noticed that about him. The few times I've listened, it just kind of stuck out to me. I don't know if it's word choice, speech patterns, mannerisms.....

Deep breathe in, and now out. It'll be ok.

Wasn't bashing him, was just curious if anyone else noticed that about him. The few times I've listened, it just kind of stuck out to me. I don't know if it's word choice, speech patterns, mannerisms.....

I think he is known for being dumb as a box of hammers off the field, and has made some questionable choices on more than a couple different occasions, but I agree with Mr. WEO that he is young and just a goofball having fun and not hurting anyone or getting arrested.

I love F Marry Kills.

I'd marry Tim, he's a breadwinner and seems faithf

wait...no...

I'd marry Betty White and feed her lots of bacon and bad food and get whatever she might have left.

I'd kill Tebow in a satanic ritual making him profess his love of the dark overlord.

wait...no...

I am not the type that has to do anything someone says.

I think he is known for being dumb as a box of hammers off the field, and has made some questionable choices on more than a couple different occasions, but I agree with Mr. WEO that he is young and just a goofball having fun and not hurting anyone or getting arrested.

fair enough - i dont pretend i have any idea i know what hes like day to day. Clearly a beast on the field. Just the interviews had struck me previously, then hearing the story about the hs girl a few weeks ago - it just seemed like he was on a different wavelength then most mid 20s guys ive been around.

and some may agree to disagree on the nailing hs girls issue passing the test - but thats not a conversation i was trying to spark. i really wasnt getting towards character on this but more intelligence/maturity as purely a curiousity.

fair enough - i dont pretend i have any idea i know what hes like day to day. Clearly a beast on the field. Just the interviews had struck me previously, then hearing the story about the hs girl a few weeks ago - it just seemed like he was on a different wavelength then most mid 20s guys ive been around.

and some may agree to disagree on the nailing hs girls issue passing the test - but thats not a conversation i was trying to spark. i really wasnt getting towards character on this but more intelligence/maturity as purely a curiousity.

He may be a bit juvenile. But many mid 20 something guys are unemployed and living at their parents' home but otherwise doing similar sh*t that he is doing. If he was a Bill, he would be on IR and no one would be interested in who he was banging.

I sure hope that was a college and not a high school...

I was looking to see if I recognized anything. I went to Williamsville North where he played until his senior year. But it's been so long since I've been there, so many new faces and no identifying marks on the vid to see if it was WNHS. Can't help. Sorry

He was asked the question, it's not like he just went up to Peter King or some other NFL reporter and volunteered the fact that he wants to deflower Tebow. I don't see the big deal.

Besides, everyone knows it's Taylor Swift's job to pop Tebow's cherry.

Edited by Zulu Cthulhu

He may be a bit juvenile. But many mid 20 something guys are unemployed and living at their parents' home but otherwise doing similar sh*t that he is doing. If he was a Bill, he would be on IR and no one would be interested in who he was banging.

perhaps its a commentary on the company that i keep that he seems young for his age.

I was looking to see if I recognized anything. I went to Williamsville North where he played until his senior year. But it's been so long since I've been there, so many new faces and no identifying marks on the vid to see if it was WNHS. Can't help. Sorry

Every year in HS we would have Univ. of Toledo athletes come talk to all of the schools athletes in our theatre. There would be no "adult" supervision and we could ask anything we wanted. It would often be a male football or basketball player and a female volleyball or basketball player. It got interesting some times.

It was The University of Rhode Island.

Just curious for those of you still in WNY - was Gronkowski all over the press when he was in HS? I ask because I graduated from WEHS in the late '70's and I just don't remember HS football being all that big a deal...of course that was eon's ago...

I played baseball with his brothers and I went to school with him. He never had any press or media around him when he was playing here. He was just a really tall HS kid. Good family and a good kid he is just enjoying his time in the NFL and taking advantage of his situation. Definitely not dumb either. All the gronk boys excelled in academics.

Just curious for those of you still in WNY - was Gronkowski all over the press when he was in HS? I ask because I graduated from WEHS in the late '70's and I just don't remember HS football being all that big a deal...of course that was eon's ago...

We might know each other. Class of '78 although I graduated the summer following my junior year.

I remember football games up at South were a big deal cause everyone would walk around the village drinking schmidt's, goebels, or malt duck.

As for Gronk, his behavior reminds me a lot of Jeremy Shockey.

Was thinking the same thing, I always give him the hometown pass but he acts like a smart azz punk that needs a good azz beating to straiten him out.

YET

BINGO

Hmmm, maybe that's why Berman called him Mongo, a couple of times last year. I like the kid.

He seems borderline retarded, IMO.

certain posters get very upset when members of the Pats** are criticized...

LOL it thought that was hilarious...good playful fun. I'm sure a lot of us would be living it up just like he is if we were single, in our mid 20s and making millions playing the game we love for a living. Too bad he's not a bill

Seriously... I don't get all these holier than thou types thinking they would exemplify maturity as 24 year old millionaires that have been star athletes surrounded by star athletes their whole lives. Add in 3 brothers who have all been professional football players...

At 35 i am the picture of maturity and responsibility , family kids, worked my way to a great career, but as a 20 yr old millionaire I'd have probably seriously hurt myself...

I don't follow high school football much but you usually hear about the big stars. I didn't know of him until he decided to go to Pittsburgh for his senior year of high school. That was big news.

Seriously... I don't get all these holier than thou types thinking they would exemplify maturity as 24 year old millionaires that have been star athletes surrounded by star athletes their whole lives. Add in 3 brothers who have all been professional football players...

At 35 i am the picture of maturity and responsibility , family kids, worked my way to a great career, but as a 20 yr old millionaire I'd have probably seriously hurt myself...

Right there with you. I do ok now that I'm pushing 40, but I was "borderline retarded," as one poster put it, until my late 20s. Difference being there wasn't a camera in my face when I said and did all my dumb ****. FWIW, lol'd at him saying he'd eff Tebow to take his virginity...

I played baseball with his brothers and I went to school with him. He never had any press or media around him when he was playing here. He was just a really tall HS kid. Good family and a good kid he is just enjoying his time in the NFL and taking advantage of his situation. Definitely not dumb either. All the gronk boys excelled in academics.

Wasn't trying to even imply smart vs dumb I guess.... He just seems really young. Like I was saying, it didn't strike me as surprising hed hang with high school kids.

I'm using the average 24 year old I see in the nfl interviews as a reference point - even these college kids getting ready for the draft having a good time seem more put together