Trayvon Martin Case

fjl2nd

Bobby rush on fox right now- he's a mess

The people,of his district must know that he doesn't call the shots in his office... Right? The have to know someone pulls his strings to keep sending him back every two years. It's not like he's a Senator with a 6 year appointment who could possibly have his his condition for 4 of the 6 years... Right?

Wait, I forgot the voters who re-electect JJ Jr while he was institutionalized.

Edited by Oxrock

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No national comment about a shooting last night in Oakland. Someone rings a doorbell about 11:15 PM, and when someone answers the door, puts 8 pullets in the front door. Wounds, a 63 year old grandmother, 3 girls from 4-8, and kills an 8 year old neighbor girl that was sleeping over. This is what the black community should be outraged about.

Aaaaand congressman bobby rush just said on TV that its possible GZ broke his own nose before even confronting trayvon...

I caught some of that interview while channel surfing. I think dude may have Alzheimers or something. Seriously, he was shaky, confused, and stuttering his speech. He might want to get that checked out

So the president makes a surprise visit to the briefing room today to let everyone know that, in addition to the fact that Trayvon could have been his son, Trayvon also could have been the president 35 years ago.

So if the president had a son, he would look like Trayvon, who would also be Trayvon's dad?

Remember when people used to think Bush was the idiot?

So the president makes a surprise visit to the briefing room today to let everyone know that, in addition to the fact that Trayvon could have been his son, Trayvon also could have been the president 35 years ago.

So if the president had a son, he would look like Trayvon, who would also be Trayvon's dad?

And now they are going to review racial profiling laws...

“There is another class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs — partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs…There is a certain class of race-problem solvers who do not want the patient to get well, because as long as the disease holds out they have not only an easy means of making a living, but also an easy medium through which to make themselves prominent before the public.”

-Booker T. Washington, 1911

Sound like Al & Jesse?

President Obama spoke publicly for the first time Friday on the acquittal of neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in the killing of Florida teenager Trayvon Martin, calling for an examination of 'Stand Your Ground" laws nationwide.

"Trayvon Martin could have been me, 35 years ago," Obama said, adding that "it's important to recognize that the African American community is looking at this issue through a set of experiences and a history that doesn't go away."

Read more at:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-black-americans-feel-pain-in-martin-verdict-because-of-a-history-that-doesnt-go-away/2013/07/19/61c18154-f09b-11e2-bc0d-556690a86be2_story.html

He's just establishing the Secret Service's jurisdiction over the case, for assassinating a future President.

"Trayvon Martin could have been me, 35 years ago," Obama said, adding that "it's important to recognize that the African American community is looking at this issue through a set of experiences and a history that doesn't go away."

"So now if you'll all stop talking about Detroit..."

While the usual suspects (NYTWaPoCBSABCMSNBD) have all declared Mr. Obama's remarks today as "Historic", some saner heads out there are posting also.

July 19, 2013

Obama tries so hard to say something and nothing at the same time — about Trayvon Martin.

This halting, awkward performance had to have been carefully thought out, but you supposed to absorb the anguish and agonizing as he walks back any expectation that the federal government will do anything.

From the NYT write-up:

You know, when Trayvon Martin was first shot, I said that this could have been my son... Another way of saying that is Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago
.”

These are memorable but empty statements. Fill them with whatever you want. This isn't a critique of the legal system and how it handled the case. It's a vague claim of authority to empathize.

I don’t want to exaggerate this, but..."

But! Have it both ways. I don't want to exaggerate, but I've just got to say it anyway.

"...
those sets of experiences inform how the African-American community interprets what happened one night in Florida. And it’s inescapable for people to bring those experiences to bear.”

That's utterly banal: People understand things within the context of their own experiences.

I think it would be useful for us to examine some state and local laws to see if it — if they are designed in such a way that they may encourage the kinds of altercations and confrontations and tragedies that we saw in the Florida case, rather than diffuse potential altercations”...

Useful to examine the laws... okay.... He's really not saying anything, and yet the New York Times must sum up by giving him credit:

Mr. Obama spoke in deeply personal terms — an extraordinary moment for a president who seemed, at least during first term, often to shy away from the issue of race.

What is deep and extraordinary? The case was already racialized, and he resonated with a bit of that without saying too much.

“There is another class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs — partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs…There is a certain class of race-problem solvers who do not want the patient to get well, because as long as the disease holds out they have not only an easy means of making a living, but also an easy medium through which to make themselves prominent before the public.”

-Booker T. Washington, 1911

Sound like Al & Jesse?

Sure does. It also reminds me of what someone said to me. "Government doesn't want to solve problems. They only want to manage them." Acutally solving them would put the useless pos out of a job.