Trayvon Martin Case

fjl2nd

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 years ago this 7 year old was raped and murdered; left in the woods to be an unsolved murder. She would be 30 years old today. It is hard to forget this one for me, because her birthday was right after mine and it makes the news from time to time, and I was down here when she went missing - just 2 years older.

Where is the justice? Where is Al? Where is Jesse? If Barrack had another daughter, would she look like Shalonda?

http://www.digtriad.com/news/local/article/291991/57/Shalonda-Poole-Remembered-With-Memorial-Plaque

Trayvon Rallies Feature the Usual Suspects

My sense is that the “Justice for Trayvon” rallies that were held in various cities today didn’t amount to much. One basic question is, did they even have much to do with Trayvon Martin? The answer to that question is suggested by this flyer that was handed out at the rally in New York:

BPoecX9CAAA1ZIx.png-large.png

This is exactly the same stupidity we have seen over and over from the left. Boycott oranges! Why? They grow in Florida! Boycott Coca-Cola! Why? Because they buy oranges! Boycott the Koch brothers–of course–because they “help fund piggermans defense.” Which is a complete fiction, but if you are a liberal, the facts are optional. Boycott Foot Locker! Huh? Foot Locker? “This company is owned by the same racist family that use to own woolworths.” I have no idea what that is all about. No doubt it is familiar to students of left-wing mythology, but Foot Locker isn’t owned by any family, it is a publicly traded, $5.6 billion a year company.

Looking on the bright side, I doubt that a single orange, can of Coke, pair of shoes or box of Dixie cups will be forgone because of today’s agitation. The salient point is that the people who sponsored the “Justice for Trayvon” rallies are the same tired leftists who have organized all the other protests in recent years, and who have nothing more substantive or creative to offer than “Don’t buy Brawny paper towels!”

Trayvon Martin has, really, little to do with it. As always, leftists are trying to capitalize on others’ tragedies to advance their worn-out agenda.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/07/trayvon-rallies-feature-the-usual-suspects.php

While I'm not a big fan of the typical progressive "Shoot the messenger" rhetoric, the reality is that Al Sharpton is a total schittstain on the black community. And that a majority of blacks are unable to see this is pretty scary.

Jonah Goldberg wrote this article last week, and it essentially tells you all you need to know about Sharpton.

In a healthy society, Sharpton might be on parole now — not the must-get guest forMeet the Press and Today on issues of racial justice. He was a ringleader in perpetuating the evil Tawana Brawley hoax, in which he and two corrupt lawyers (now disbarred) falsely accused assistant district attorney Steven Pagones and others of gang-raping a 15-year-old girl in a racist attack (Brawley claimed that she’d been smeared with feces and had had racist epithets written on her body). No person of any ideological stripe could doubt it was a fraud — except, that is, for the unrepentant Sharpton, who recently insisted “something happened.”

If he’d been locked up for that, he might not have helped incite the Crown Heights riots in 1991. After a tragic car accident in the New York neighborhood in which a Jewish driver accidentally struck and killed a black child named Gavin Cato, Sharpton stoked anti-Semitic rage. At the funeral for Cato, amid shouts from the crowd of “Heil Hitler!” (one banner read, “Hitler did not do the job”), Sharpton didn’t call for reconciliation; he inveighed against “diamond dealers.” During the riots Jews were beaten in the street, and eventually a Hasidic tourist from Australia, Yankel Rosenbaum, was stabbed to death.

Perhaps if Sharpton had been shunned for his role in that, he might not have encouraged yet more violence in 1995, when he led protests against the eviction of a black-owned record store. Sharpton fueled rage on his radio show and at rallies to the point where one of the protesters ran into a Jewish-owned store whose owner was wrongly blamed for the eviction, shot several people, and then burned the place down, killing seven (mostly Hispanic) occupants.

But he was shunned for none of it. Nor was he shunned for his sometimes cavalier compliance with tax laws or his shabby shakedowns of corporations for donations. In fact, in a culture that increasingly rewards shamelessness, Sharpton got in on the ground floor and has been cashing in on his access ever since. The attorney general himself celebrates his “partnership” with Sharpton.

While I'm not a big fan of the typical progressive "Shoot the messenger" rhetoric, the reality is that Al Sharpton is a total schittstain on the black community. And that a majority of blacks are unable to see this is pretty scary.

2013-07-21-FEESF.gif

While I'm not a big fan of the typical progressive "Shoot the messenger" rhetoric, the reality is that Al Sharpton is a total schittstain on the black community human race. And that a majority of blacks are unable to see this is pretty scary.

corrected

You two forget the funniest part, at least to me. Where is Rachel Jeantell? No where are her quotes being quoted. No one is talking about how she now believes Trayvon hit first. Her calling the ZimZam a weak man who got his ass beat and deserved it - cuz ya'know that is how it works. It is hilarious that the narratives are now about everything but Trayvon Martin.

Uproar on the Left, a writer in Salon Magazine dared stray off the plantation and criticize the President.

Obama’s safe, overrated and airy speech

By Rich Benjamin

And yet here is your typical Salon reader, summed up in a single comment: What I don't understand is it's okay to use the phrase "!@#$" to describes black people, but we can't use the term "tea bagger" to describe Tea Party members? One deserves the other.

Terrific article at HuffPost (I know, right?) by the actor Romany Malco (Weeds) here.

Will the sympathizers listen?

People are using Trayvon Martin's death as an excuse to project their own deep-seated issues with racism and will not be capable of intelligent, empathetic debate until they've cooled down and afforded themselves an education.

Addressing Trayvon without first addressing the absence of critical thinking in our schools, the lack of introspection, the reasons for our low tolerance and our country's skewed value system does nothing more than create a sounding board for the ignorant. So rather than facilitate more racism outcry, I'd like to address young black people specifically.

I believe we lost that trial for Trayvon long before he was killed. Trayvon was doomed the moment ignorance became synonymous with young black America . We lost that case by using media outlets (music, movies, social media, etc.) as vehicles to perpetuate the same negative images and social issues that destroyed the black community in the first place. When we went on record glorifying violent crime and when we voted for a president we never thought to hold accountable. When we signed on to do reality shows that fed into the media's stereotypes of black men, we ingrained an image of Trayvon Martin so overwhelming that who he actually may have been didn't matter anymore.

Don't you find it peculiar that the same media outlets who have worked so diligently to galvanize the negative stigmas of black men in America are now airing open debates on improving the image of black males in American media? Do you honestly think CNN is using their competitive time slots for philanthropy?

If we really wanted to ensure Trayvon Martin's killing was not in vain, we'd stop perpetuating negative images that are now synonymous with black men in America. We'd stop rapping about selling drugs and killing niggas. The next time we saw a man beating a woman, we'd call for help or break it up, but one thing we would not do is stand by with our cellphones out -- yelling WORLDSTAR! Instead of rewarding kids for memorization, we'd reward them for independent and critical thinking.

Absolutely maddening. Whittle does a great job in his video.

My understanding is that if there is a civil trial against Zimmerman, then character is introduced...which, if true, makes me believe there won't be a civil trial.

I was going to post that. Out picking Blueberries this afternoon I was just wasting my thoughts. This exact instance came up. I had left to go start right after seeing the video and then decided how the hell are they going to ever have a civil trial when all of this uncivil stuff will be aired out.

This case will continue to highlight the news until mid August. If I was Zimmerman I would begin to call their bluffs. I would start to file suits of defimation and slander against the Martin family, against Sharpton, Jackson, and the likes. Strike first, strike while the iron is hot. Settle out of court for pennies and get a gag order on the issue.

If we really wanted to ensure Trayvon Martin's killing was not in vain, we'd stop perpetuating negative images that are now synonymous with black men in America. We'd stop rapping about selling drugs and killing niggas. The next time we saw a man beating a woman, we'd call for help or break it up, but one thing we would not do is stand by with our cellphones out -- yelling WORLDSTAR! Instead of rewarding kids for memorization, we'd reward them for independent and critical thinking.

Stepped away for laundry, but that really got me. If no one here knows about WorldStarHipHop then they need to swing over there and take a look.

http://www.worldstar...4FDa21nrM83wyd7 (edit to say clearly, this is NSFW!!! Turn your volume down or put headphones on)

Edited by jboyst62

You two forget the funniest part, at least to me. Where is Rachel Jeantell? No where are her quotes being quoted. No one is talking about how she now believes Trayvon hit first. Her calling the ZimZam a weak man who got his ass beat and deserved it - cuz ya'know that is how it works. It is hilarious that the narratives are now about everything but Trayvon Martin.

Did she say Trayvon hit first? I saw a link titled that, and figured that it was just another CNN or whoever mistake.

What else did she say in that interview. I didn't watch it. I only know that Piers Morgan said she's one smart cookie - which made me not want to watch it, since we all know that is not true.

Did she say Trayvon hit first? I saw a link titled that, and figured that it was just another CNN or whoever mistake.

What else did she say in that interview. I didn't watch it. I only know that Piers Morgan said she's one smart cookie - which made me not want to watch it, since we all know that is not true.

http://www.huffingto..._n_3610921.html

Wow, she has been coached a lot. I had not seen this one yet. But, she's said it multiple times now Trayvon hit first. But, wow, she's been coached.

http://www.mediaite....rachel-jeantel/

You know, if you watch it you're just going to get upset. All the talk about how close they were, best friends. She knew him so well - never got mad or fought. Calm guy. Loved his mother more then anyone. He was not "a thug." Evidently, we need to know what a thug is because Trayvon was a poser and just bragged. Aka, A punk. (street wise, a punk is loooow). Anyway. Yeah, save yourself hearing about how they talked about what they wanted to be when they grow up.

but it did lead me to this...Piers quickly mocks him away...

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rev-jesse-lee-peterson-to-piers-trayvon-was-thug-not-innocent-little-kid-tip-toeing-through-the-tulips/

Edited by jboyst62

Wow, she has been coached a lot. I had not seen this one yet. But, she's said it multiple times now Trayvon hit first. But, wow, she's been coached.

http://www.mediaite....rachel-jeantel/

I caught some of that interview but couldn't stand to watch more than a couple minutes at a time. You could tell the questions were provided ahead of time. She was obviously prepped before the show and I got the feeling she was coached during commercial breaks too. The studio audience was astroturfed.

It was like watching an infomercial

I caught some of that interview but couldn't stand to watch more than a couple minutes at a time. You could tell the questions were provided ahead of time. She was obviously prepped before the show and I got the feeling she was coached during commercial breaks too. The studio audience was astroturfed.

It was like watching an infomercial

exactly. All he had was Skittles.