Bills trading up for Tannehill?

BRAWNDO

This newsflash out of Miami. The Bills will jump in front of the Fins to grab Tannehill if he gets by Cleveland.

@LinderWQAM Reports out of Buffalo they are in on Tannehill and will trade up to get him. IF he gets by Cleveland, Bills will jump Fins.

My link

Are they in a state of panic in South Florida? I cannot see this happening.

NO!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of Tebow; I think that is a player Nix would stay away from, but that Gailey would love to have.

You mean except that he can't do any of the 4-5 most important facets of running the Bills offense that Gailey has designed, and are, in fact, the worst parts of his game? Quick decisive reading of defenses pre-snap, post snap, fast and smart decision making, quick release, timing and accuracy in the short passing game?

You mean except that he can't do any of the 4-5 most important facets of running the Bills offense that Gailey has designed, and are, in fact, the worst parts of his game? Quick decisive reading of defenses pre-snap, post snap, fast and smart decision making, quick release, timing and accuracy in the short passing game?

I hate you Kelly :nana:

Our offense is designed for our strengths with Fitz, WRs and OL. All I was saying is I could see Gailey having a fun time coming up with an offense for this guy. NOT as an upgrade over Fitz or anything; it was way more of a general statement.

The only possible reason they would do this is to screw the Dolphins. It would be pretty funny actually if Manning signs with Tenn and Flynn signs with Seattle and the Bills jump up and grab the only other decent QB left. Miami would be stuck with Henne and Moore for another season lol.

Henne is gone, and the funny thing is, I really like Moore. I hope Miami overpays for Smith though.

I hate you Kelly :nana:

Our offense is designed for our strengths with Fitz, WRs and OL. All I was saying is I could see Gailey having a fun time coming up with an offense for this guy. NOT as an upgrade over Fitz or anything; it was way more of a general statement.

I understand. I am of the opinion that the Bills offense is designed as much around our weaknesses as our strengths, which is why Gailey is a good, smart coach. He doesn't want to rely on a quick passing game, he just knows our OL cannot hold the defenses off our QB for more than the 2-3 seconds they do, so he designed the offense around that overriding fact. If in year three together, the OL starts to gel, and is relatively injury free, and proves they can hold out the opposition's defenses, we will no longer have that quick passing game, Gailey will open it up in a heartbeat. That is also why they will draft an LT in my opinion #1 or #2 if a guy they love is there. But they will not reach just to take an OL.

I understand. I am of the opinion that the Bills offense is designed as much around our weaknesses as our strengths, which is why Gailey is a good, smart coach. He doesn't want to rely on a quick passing game, he just knows our OL cannot hold the defenses off our QB for more than the 2-3 seconds they do, so he designed the offense around that overriding fact. If in year three together, the OL starts to gel, and is relatively injury free, and proves they can hold out the opposition's defenses, we will no longer have that quick passing game, Gailey will open it up in a heartbeat. That is also why they will draft an LT in my opinion #1 or #2 if a guy they love is there. But they will not reach just to take an OL.

I agree entirely. With Nix, I hoped he knew what he was doing -the answer is yes he does. Honestly we lucked out with Gailey - he is amazingly smart and knows how to design the best offense he can with the hand he is dealt.

At times last season, it seemed like he is still trying to figure out who can do what and experimenting. Not saying he threw games or intentionally stunted/stopped the offense...

This season will be the first full camp without Dicky Js players...

Not really. He started QB AND Wr. Were you saying he's a career backup in the nfl?? I kinda thought that you had to be drafted and play a couple snaps before you could "know" this. You don't know jack.

I know he started and played both positions @ A&M. I acknowledge that the guy is a good athlete, he really is. But at the same time, I would not touch him with a pick until the 3rd day of the draft. You can slob the guy if you would like, but I watched him play on numerous occasions and he is not the answer. For every good play he made there was a bonehead play not far behind. He is eerily similar to another guy who donned a Bills' uni not that long ago. He seems to make the same kind of plays on the field. To me, the Texas game was synonymous with what you will get. He looks good one minute and then horrible the next. He'll turn the ball over too much just like our old friend in the link below, who had small hands too to go along with his shaky decision making.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/jp-losman-1.html

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/ryan-tannehill-1.html

The other guy liked to take off and run too.

I know nothing about Tannehill so I cannot really comment on whether it would be good to draft him.

I would not be at all surprised if he we our pick at 10. I would be pretty surprised if we traded up to get him.

I fulley expect the team to stick with Fitz for this year and not take a QB high in the draft. I think a LT is the most likely scenario, but if they like Tannehill it would be fun to get him and let him battle to Fitz. But then I would really want them to address the LT position in FA. Even if we re-sign Bell and get another OT in rd 2 or 3.

This draft should be very interesting.

I know nothing about Tannehill so I cannot really comment on whether it would be good to draft him.

I would not be at all surprised if he we our pick at 10. I would be pretty surprised if we traded up to get him.

I fulley expect the team to stick with Fitz for this year and not take a QB high in the draft. I think a LT is the most likely scenario, but if they like Tannehill it would be fun to get him and let him battle to Fitz. But then I would really want them to address the LT position in FA. Even if we re-sign Bell and get another OT in rd 2 or 3.

This draft should be very interesting.

From A&M's bowl game last year against LSU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXDEzCf3C7Y

youtube.com/watch?v=oXDEzCf3C7Y

If that game is indicative of his play, they wouldn't draft him until the fourth round, IMO. he looked terrible to me, especially his fundamentals and mechanics, throwing almost every pass all arm. He looks like he has a strong enough arm, but terrible thrower.

youtube.com/watch?v=oXDEzCf3C7Y

22-35 204 yards 2 TD 3 INT against LSU. He was awful in this game and he followed it up with three 3-INT games his senior year. Bad decision maker. He is not a franchise QB. He took a team that was picked in the top ten and totally underachieved at A&M. His college coach is now OC for the Dolphins. Hopefully, Miami picks him, leaving a top OT for the Bills to pick.

This should serve as evidence that Fuller, Tannehills WR, should be considered in the5th round.

I will put a GRAB in on Tannehill for RD3 in the next Mock. Check tomorrow, I thi they're running one with the new FA signings.

astro

Fuller looked great in this game, but was bothered by a hamstring injury his senior year. He was a great WR prospect, but his injury problem has hurt his stock. Fuller was matched up against and really got the best of Patrick Peterson in the Cotton Bowl.

And I'll be throwing up in my mouth. Tannehill is a career backup and sure as heck not worthy of us wasting a 1st, more or less trading up, to get him. Tannehill is another product of a weak QB class, other than the first two, that will cause teams to reach WAY TOO HIGH to get him. I hope we are well beyond that rationale. I call BS on this report.

I'm not even sure Tannehill is a career backup. I've watched him play a few times over the past two years and he doesn't have the "IT" factor. He should be a 4th or 5th round pick at best.

22-35 204 yards 2 TD 3 INT against LSU. He was awful in this game and he followed it up with three 3-INT games his senior year. Bad decision maker. He is not a franchise QB. He took a team that was picked in the top ten and totally underachieved at A&M. His college coach is now OC for the Dolphins. Hopefully, Miami picks him, leaving a top OT for the Bills to pick.

Fuller looked great in this game, but was bothered by a hamstring injury his senior year. He was a great WR prospect, but his injury problem has hurt his stock. Fuller was matched up against and really got the best of Patrick Peterson in the Cotton Bowl.

and to the best of my knowledge Fuller checks out medically, right?

I see him in mocks as low as RD6.

If that game is indicative of his play, they wouldn't draft him until the fourth round, IMO. he looked terrible to me, especially his fundamentals and mechanics, throwing almost every pass all arm. He looks like he has a strong enough arm, but terrible thrower.

I'm not a Tannehill fan but in fairness to him he played wide receiver for the first half of that year. I don't get the obsession with him though. I know it's a QB league but if he was that good they wouldn't have moved him to WR in the first place. It was a down year for the (defensively challenged) Big 12 which might have made him look better than he actually is. If he falls, I don't see how the Phins pass on him with Sherman at OC.

Kellen Moore looks better than this kid.

I still love Moore despite all of his limitations. I've never seen a college QB throw with better anticipation. The pass he threw to win the Va Tech game 2 years ago was unreal. It was like he threw it before the ball was snapped. I'd take a 6th/7th round flyer on him!

team chemistry on a 6 win team is got to be the #1 priority

don't rock the boat

Well...Team chemistry does not mean crap if you don't have QB who can get you to the promise land...And there are plenty of 6 Win teams that got that way because their QB was not good enough...So...

Not saying this is necessarily the case with Fitz...Just saying... B-)

And I'll be throwing up in my mouth. Tannehill is a career backup and sure as heck not worthy of us wasting a 1st, more or less trading up, to get him. Tannehill is another product of a weak QB class, other than the first two, that will cause teams to reach WAY TOO HIGH to get him. I hope we are well beyond that rationale. I call BS on this report.

And RG3 was 3rd rounder until he won the Heisman and T-hill destroyed Baylor with 6 TDs even with a horrible defense.

I'm not even sure Tannehill is a career backup. I've watched him play a few times over the past two years and he doesn't have the "IT" factor. He should be a 4th or 5th round pick at best.

Why would you take a guy in the 4th or 5th round if you're not sure he's even a career backup ?? :blush: And if anybody does not have the "IT" factor, it's the guy we have now. I would love to take a chance on him or somebody. We know what we've got in Fitzpatrick ... and it "aint so good"... and it aint "IT"

This trade up will never happen.

All teams want elite QBs, but the fact is there are only a handful of them. We all know what an elite QB can bring to a team - in almost every game, can carry the team on their back, etc. They also cost a f&ckton of money.

Would you rather have Fitz (or other average-to above average QB-to good QB) and a amazing starting RB and amazing #1WR and great #2WR or an elite QB with one good #1Wr a decent #2 WR and a journey RB? That is the tradeoff. There is only x amount of dollars to go around.

It surprises me to say this, cause I love the idea of a franchise QB, in today's NFL I think I would rather surround a good QB (who is smart -makes quick and correct decisions, can make almost all the throws and releases the ball quickly) with elite talented playmakers. Think of Fitz with FJ, SJ (as a #2), a Megatronesque #1 compared to an elite combo. It is hard to hold on to triplets now with 3 elite players at QB,RB and WR. An amazing/elite WR can make an average QB a whole ton better by catching his errant throws or imperfectly placed ones. An elite QB can't make a average WR great if he can't catch or get separation.

Really because the giants have an elite QB and Elite DEs.

There would be no Megatron with out a big armed QB.

you guys are redicules, no "IT" factor, he has just as much it Factor as any other QB in this draft. Luck is a complete dork but because he is a great QB his lack of it factor is overlooked. BTW I would take Luck in a Heart beat as I new he would be great when he was a sophomore but knew we didn't have chance at him so I switched over to the next best thing which was Tannehill two years ago.

Kellen Moore looks better than this kid.

sure not even up to Fitz's standard :thumbsup:

Care to make a wager on that. I'll make a signature bet with both of you that we go better than 8-8 this year with Fitzmagic as our QB.

We better do better than 8-8, I said he doesn't have an arm which he doesn't have. Signature bet?

and to the best of my knowledge Fuller checks out medically, right?

I see him in mocks as low as RD6.

Fuller participated in A&M's pro day, when most thought he would not. He is getting back in shape, but yes he is OK, from a medical perspective. He is definitely worth a look, especially when you're talking a later round draft pick.

Care to make a wager on that. I'll make a signature bet with both of you that we go better than 8-8 this year with Fitzmagic as our QB.

I'm as excited as anyone about all the hoopla surrounding MW, but we are farther away from a playoff team than a pass rusher, even with one of the best currently in the game. I'm still unconvinced about Fitz, and I blame his play for my opinion. Remember we haven't added one offensive player and I've seen him play with these guys last year, not good.

And RG3 was 3rd rounder until he won the Heisman and T-hill destroyed Baylor with 6 TDs even with a horrible defense.

Note, you have no answer for the other post. ;) I think RGIII has the potential to be good, but I don't herald him like a lot of others. You have no arguement here. Tannehill threw 6 TD's against Baylor because their defense was bad too. So 6 in one game? That leaves him with 23 TD's and 15 INT's in the other 11 games this year. Not impressive. Like I said, he looks good one minute and horrible the next. You can have JP Part 2 if you want. I hope the Bills want no part of it. And on another note, the defense did not blow all those leads for them. He had a huge hand in it with the turnovers that left the other teams a short field and his defense deflated. Tannehill is not the answer.

Note, you have no answer for the other post. ;) I think RGIII has the potential to be good, but I don't herald him like a lot of others. You have no arguement here. Tannehill threw 6 TD's against Baylor because their defense was bad too. So 6 in one game? That leaves him with 23 TD's and 15 INT's in the other 11 games this year. Not impressive. Like I said, he looks good one minute and horrible the next. You can have JP Part 2 if you want. I hope the Bills want no part of it. And on another note, the defense did not blow all those leads for them. He had a huge hand in it with the turnovers that left the other teams a short field and his defense deflated. Tannehill is not the answer.

I love that some folks on here believe we should base our picks on a performance in one game. Considering Tannehill's final 14 games, in four of them he threw 3 INTs in each game. I can't say much more about how many bad decisions he makes. In the Meineke Bowl, A&M had the game at the beginning of the 4th Q, and his terrible force of a pass gave Northwestern new life. Tannehill had a clutch drive at the end of the game for a game clinching FG, but you hit it on the head when you said "he looks good one minute and horrible the next". No consistency, and definitely not enough to even consider him in the 1st, or even the 2nd round. Tannehill is a very smart kid, but he just doesn't seem to have good football sense.

Answer: Tannehill is awesome any other stupid questions.

1) If the Bills leaked any of their draft plans, they're idiots.

2) The fact that this guy is even being talked about in the 1st is because the lack of depth of the position. Very few things would anger me more than spending a top 10 pick on a converted receiver.

This newsflash out of Miami. The Bills will jump in front of the Fins to grab Tannehill if he gets by Cleveland.

@LinderWQAM Reports out of Buffalo they are in on Tannehill and will trade up to get him. IF he gets by Cleveland, Bills will jump Fins.

My link

Are they in a state of panic in South Florida? I cannot see this happening.

Buddy should get on radio and say 'Sure we might!" :)