Heard the Vikings are looking to trade J. Allen

NastyMan

Ok, so will you agree now that the idea of not extending Fred should be considered, and to use the money elsewhere ie Levitre, Byrd, and Wood.

Ill give you it should be considered but I think its better from a PR move within the team and to free agents that if you play well for the Bills you will be paid accordingly.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

we are taking $25 mil cap hit for Mario this season. That leaves us with just about enough to sign our draft picks. We are done in FA.

If the Bills are worried about the cap they have a lot of fat they could cut. D.Edwards is about a 4 million dollar hit, S.Johnson is about a 3 million dollar hit, Kelsay is a 5.5 million dollar cap hit. It J.Allen suddenly became available for a 2nd and a 4th (Which I doubt that the Vikings would be looking for anything less than a 1st and a mid rounder) I would cut those three (Cap number of over 11 million) to slide Allen in and sign our picks.

I agree though its not happening. The Bills are likely going to go bargain hunting to round out the roster and use the draft.

Edited by billsfan89

So meachem decided sandiego for money instead of here for free? We still have cash for a mid to even upper tier FA.

Give the guy a break. He has a chance to be the #2 WR here, whereas he has the chance to be the #1 guy there with Jackson out of there and Gates getting old. The Chargers offered him more money than the Bills as they are looking to have him as their #1. It was a win-win situation for Meachem. The only fault with him was to fly to Buffalo first. If I were him, I would have gone to SD. Probably would have got lesser money there if he did that. Cannot fault him for that.

1331870432[/url]' post='2410559']

Give the guy a break. He has a chance to be the #2 WR here, whereas he has the chance to be the #1 guy there with Jackson out of there and Gates getting old. The Chargers offered him more money than the Bills as they are looking to have him as their #1. It was a win-win situation for Meachem. The only fault with him was to fly to Buffalo first. If I were him, I would have gone to SD. Probably would have got lesser money there if he did that. Cannot fault him for that.

Not to mention that the chargers have Phillip Rivers. That matters.

I was just listening to NFL radio and they mentioned something about the Vikings may be looking to trade J. Allen. Do you think they would take a 4th rounder for him or maybe a third since we have 2 4th rounders? Could you imagine that line Mario, Dareus, Kyle, and Jared wow!!

Are you moronic?? 3rd or 4th rounders for the best DE in the league. I'd visit doc. Do you really think they'd give up the league's sack leader for a potential back up ST player? You're dreamin dude, maybe a 1st and a 2nd, lay off the bottle. Maybe the Bills should trade Dareus and the whole d@#$ team for two 5th rounders, ey?

4/23/2008: Signed a six-year, $73.26 million contract. The deal contains $31 million guaranteed, including a $15.5 million signing bonus, a $4 million second-year "signing" bonus, and a $4 million guaranteed-for-injury roster bonus in the third season. 2012: $11,619,850, 2013: $14,280,612, 2014: Free Agent

i would trade a 2nd rounder for sure.....

you can cut kelsay, edwards and johnson if need be.

williams, dareus, williams and allen......would be incredible.

we are taking $25 mil cap hit for Mario this season. That leaves us with just about enough to sign our draft picks. We are done in FA.

Not sure where or how you came up with this. Without knowledge of exactly how the deal is being structured, there is no way to know what his cap hit for this or any of the.6 years will be.

The Bills could have agreed to pay that $60 mil in three installments at the beginning of eachh of the first three years as a signing bonus. Even if you have to account for the entire 60 mil from the start, the most cap hit that bonus will ever be per year is 10mil per year. Even if they evenly spread out the remaining 36 mil as salary, the most his cap hit would be in any year would be 16 mil. But they won't do that. They will pay minimal salaries in the first 3 year, so the cap hit will be more like 11.5 or 12. And without checkimg the nitty gritty of the new CBA, I'm pretty sure you don't have to account for a tiered signing bonus except the amount paid out up to that point. -f that's true, his cap hit the first year could be as low as 5 mil, his second year 9 mil and third year 15 mil.

So many ways to structure. It all depends on how much cap hit they want to push to the last three years. But in no way did this deal eat up 25 mil in cap space. I would guess 12 mil max.

If the Bills are worried about the cap they have a lot of fat they could cut. D.Edwards is about a 4 million dollar hit, S.Johnson is about a 3 million dollar hit, Kelsay is a 5.5 million dollar cap hit. It J.Allen suddenly became available for a 2nd and a 4th (Which I doubt that the Vikings would be looking for anything less than a 1st and a mid rounder) I would cut those three (Cap number of over 11 million) to slide Allen in and sign our picks.

I agree though its not happening. The Bills are likely going to go bargain hunting to round out the roster and use the draft.

I have no doubt, a few decisions like this will be made. It won't be because of the Williams' deal directly. As I discuss above, the cap hit for the first year on Mario's deal will depend on how much cap cost they want to push out to the end of the deal. If you think about the deal in terms of its per year average, it's 16 mil per year. And that assumes there no unlikely to be earned incentives, which only count against the cap if they are in fact earned. Most teams use signing bonuses to skew the accounting so that the yearly cap hits are below the average in the first three years, and the higher in the last half or third of the contract. This is of course because the amount of cap spaceis assumed to be ever climbing. Anyway, depending upon how aggressively the Bills decide to skew the accounting, the first year cap hit could be really low, even like 5 mil.

Problem with that is teams who do that too much find themselves with large amounts od dead cap space on the books years dwn the road. I assume the Bills will be more conservative. They will probably do something like 10-12-14-18-20-22 or something like that. But no way the first year hit will be more than the annual average value of the deal which is 16 mil.

Are you moronic?? 3rd or 4th rounders for the best DE in the league. I'd visit doc. Do you really think they'd give up the league's sack leader for a potential back up ST player? You're dreamin dude, maybe a 1st and a 2nd, lay off the bottle. Maybe the Bills should trade Dareus and the whole d@#$ team for two 5th rounders, ey?

I'm not an advocate for rude replies but I agree with your post.

I was wondering two things about the OP.

1) Why should anyone even believe this report without some documentation?

2) What GM in their right mind would even think about trading one of the league's elite pass rushers for mid-round picks?

I think the all-night vigils have started catching up with some of us.

I'll explain. A front 4 with those guys is worthy of a comic book superhero storyline. First they crush Eli in a Super Bowl victory when the Giants kickers misses wide left. Then they crush RGbust in a second straight SB victory. The next saga is beating the hell out of Romo en route to another SB victory. And finally the clincher. They knock Romo out cold and beat Orton for their fourth straight Super Bowl victory, heroicly righting all the wrongs of the 90's. And they do this while fighting crime in every city they play. :beer:

We would just need old Viking John Randle running around on the sideline shouting; "mount up men...its time to lock and load"!

Randle

I'm not an advocate for rude replies but I agree with your post.

I was wondering two things about the OP.

1) Why should anyone even believe this report without some documentation?

2) What GM in their right mind would even think about trading one of the league's elite pass rushers for mid-round picks?

I think the all-night vigils have started catching up with some of us.

I would ask why would said GM trade such a top notch guy at all ? Money may be the most obvious reason but you dont shed costs where they will hurt you the most.

4/23/2008: Signed a six-year, $73.26 million contract. The deal contains $31 million guaranteed, including a $15.5 million signing bonus, a $4 million second-year "signing" bonus, and a $4 million guaranteed-for-injury roster bonus in the third season. 2012: $11,619,850, 2013: $14,280,612, 2014: Free Agent

So you want to say goodbye to Levitre, Wood, and Byrd for Allen?

My point being he was offered good money. Good money we still have.

If accurate, the cap hit is 15m in 2012

If accurate, the cap hit is 15m in 2012

When players are traded the new team is not responsible for their signing bonus. Therefore it will not be amortized over the length of the deal as usual. His cap hit would be the salary by itself. It also allows the team that trades for the player to cut said player without any cap penalty. They touch on it here...

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-03-13/sports/chi-dollars-and-sense-brandon-marshalls-contract-20120313_1_brandon-marshall-workout-bonus-base-salary

I was just listening to NFL radio and they mentioned something about the Vikings may be looking to trade J. Allen. Do you think they would take a 4th rounder for him or maybe a third since we have 2 4th rounders? Could you imagine that line Mario, Dareus, Kyle, and Jared wow!!

Hell yeah but doubt they'd take a 4rth for him. Maybe they take Spencer Johnson back for him :D .

I'll explain. A front 4 with those guys is worthy of a comic book superhero storyline. First they crush Eli in a Super Bowl victory when the Giants kickers misses wide left. Then they crush RGbust in a second straight SB victory. The next saga is beating the hell out of Romo en route to another SB victory. And finally the clincher. They knock Romo out cold and beat Orton for their fourth straight Super Bowl victory, heroicly righting all the wrongs of the 90's. And they do this while fighting crime in every city they play. :beer:

And beating Brady every time in the AFC Championships :devil: :devil: :devil:

You, my good sir are ridiculous. And i love it!! What would they call them? The Avengers seems appropriate but its not very original.

The Legion of Doom!

I'll admit that I don't read these boards nearly as often as I used to but if this is the type of content that is being churned out, I'm coming back.

This is the part where someone with animation skills is supposed to take this idea and turn it into the greatest online Bills video of all time.

Go!

as an idea..

I would offer our 1st for their second and Allen. I think it would work out for both sides. The Bills wouldn't surrender much (dropping 23 spots in the draft but still getting a pick in return. The vikings would have the 4th and 10th pick which would help them rebuild (obviously what they are doing if they trade Allen). The only loser in the deal would be the WNY deer population! It would be a monster line!