Heard the Vikings are looking to trade J. Allen

NastyMan

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills are worried about the cap they have a lot of fat they could cut. D.Edwards is about a 4 million dollar hit, S.Johnson is about a 3 million dollar hit, Kelsay is a 5.5 million dollar cap hit. It J.Allen suddenly became available for a 2nd and a 4th (Which I doubt that the Vikings would be looking for anything less than a 1st and a mid rounder) I would cut those three (Cap number of over 11 million) to slide Allen in and sign our picks.

I agree though its not happening. The Bills are likely going to go bargain hunting to round out the roster and use the draft.

Not sure who started the thread but there is easily around $15 Million per year that can be cut from this roster.

Well that number is completely wrong. Wgr has details of the contract. This year its only a $9 million cap hit.

Yes! I said the same thing in two posts above.

As I stated in my last post above, they would arrange the cap hit something like this: 10-12-14-18-20-22 or something like that.The GR report says 9.2 - 11.8 - 17.8 - 18.4 - 19.3 - 19.7. So on the first two years, iwas pretty close. The big difference was in year 3. They flattened it out pretty quickly for years 3-6.

4/23/2008: Signed a six-year, $73.26 million contract. The deal contains $31 million guaranteed, including a $15.5 million signing bonus, a $4 million second-year "signing" bonus, and a $4 million guaranteed-for-injury roster bonus in the third season. 2012: $11,619,850, 2013: $14,280,612, 2014: Free Agent

i would trade a 2nd rounder for sure.....

you can cut kelsay, edwards and johnson if need be.

williams, dareus, williams and allen......would be incredible.

I'd buy my SB tix ASAFP

I'll explain. A front 4 with those guys is worthy of a comic book superhero storyline. First they crush Eli in a Super Bowl victory when the Giants kickers misses wide left. Then they crush RGbust in a second straight SB victory. The next saga is beating the hell out of Romo en route to another SB victory. And finally the clincher. They knock Romo out cold and beat Orton for their fourth straight Super Bowl victory, heroicly righting all the wrongs of the 90's. And they do this while fighting crime in every city they play. :beer:

You forgot the special edition graphic novel where they use their super-speed-rushing powers to go back in time and actually WIN those four SB's in the 90's!!!

I mean - how hard would it be for those four? :worthy:

But, no, I am pretty sure Jared Allen's salary would have a lot to do with why the Vike's would want to trade him.

Edited by BobChalmers