Mario Williams: Officially a Buffalo Bill

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I want this to end soon and be announced, I'm almost thinking that the longer it goes on the more it helps the Bills in some ways. Players are signing around the league and few teams if anyone are going to have the money to sign him. Dallas just signed a CB for $50 mil. The Falcons are still trying to re-sign Abraham.

There really is no concrete evidence of another team actively pursuing him. He is likely not going to sign for less than 100 million dollars, not even because he is greedy but just because he likely genuinely feels he is the best defensive lineman or player in the game and he wants to be known as the best defensive player in the game, and that is shown by his contract (whether he is or not is debatable, he may not be in the top five).

I'm not lobbying for this to go on. But this still looks very, very good for him to sign with the Bills.

Is any price too high? Would any one be pissed if a deal ended up being 6 years $160 million??

I would think about the $130m range somewhere. Topping what Megatron just got. Possibly a bigger guarantee than Johnsons $60m to boot.

Back at page 65 or so somebody wondered if the thread would make it to 100 pages before we know the answer...88 and counting.

That's funny. I have 44 and counting.

We all know that the number of pages is based on our individual choices of how many posts we want on a page, right?

It's like when they asked Yogi if he wanted his pizza cut into six pieces or eight; he replied, "Better make it six because I don't think I can eat eight."

While I want this to end soon and be announced, I'm almost thinking that the longer it goes on the more it helps the Bills in some ways. Players are signing around the league and few teams if anyone are going to have the money to sign him. Dallas just signed a CB for $50 mil. The Falcons are still trying to re-sign Abraham.

There really is no concrete evidence of another team actively pursuing him. He is likely not going to sign for less than 100 million dollars, not even because he is greedy but just because he likely genuinely feels he is the best defensive lineman or player in the game and he wants to be known as the best defensive player in the game, and that is shown by his contract (whether he is or not is debatable, he may not be in the top five).

I'm not lobbying for this to go on. But this still looks very, very good for him to sign with the Bills.

The Bills are waiting for all the other teams to spend all their money so they can lowball him and still be the only team willing to pay that much.

There's a lot of truth to this. I do think that many teams feel that he's the Bills to lose and are acting accordingly. The only problem is that there ARE a couple of teams trying hard for Peyton Manning. The loser suddenly has a lot of free money left and may want to make a splash to cover for a failed attempt at PM. It only takes one.

I'd just be a little worried that Houston gets enough time to arrange some people financially and male room to keep him.

Is any price too high? Would any one be pissed if a deal ended up being 6 years $160 million??

Its not my money so IDC

Mario has stated its not all about the money tho, its the scheme and team

**UPDATE** NFL network stating that Mario might be waiting to see what happens with Manning because Tenn also has an interest Mario.

Right now the bills have the best offer on the table, but if Manning signs with some team other then Tenn they would up their offer. If that is the case then the amount does matter to Mario

I'd just be a little worried that Houston gets enough time to arrange some people financially and male room to keep him.

Don't worry, it's not possible and not even in their best interests. Their defense is fine and they have youngsters on the cheap giving them a great pass rush. They had to rearrange contracts and dump a pro bowler just to open up any cap room at all, and that room has to sign draft picks, depth players, other FA's etc. His time there is done.

Its not my money so IDC

Mario has stated its not all about the money tho, its the scheme and team

**UPDATE** NFL network stating that Mario might be waiting to see what happens with Manning because Tenn also has an interest Mario.

Right now the bills have the best offer on the table, but if Manning signs with some team other then Tenn they would up their offer. If that is the case then the amount does matter to Mario

That's not an update; LaCanfora said it on NFLN about 5 hours ago.