Pain at the Pump

IDBillzFan

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll just keep raising the prices and why not? Not enough people are making a big enough fuss about it.

I don't know what the price is before people freak out, but there are a lot of people out there who are completely unaffiliated with the fuel industry or market trading who cash in every time fuel prices go up. Business success usually comes down to margins and the fluctuating fuel prices really take price out of focus.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/louiswoodhill/2012/02/22/gasoline-prices-are-not-rising-the-dollar-is-falling/

Just like the water wasn't rising on the Titanic (the ship was sinking), it isn't so much that gas prices are rising as the value of the dollar is falling.

It might be that the dollar is falling.

But if it is, that article is still ridiculous. "Based on a 40 year trend compared to gold, the 1-month spike in spot prices is because of currency fluctuations." Yeah, !@#$ing bull ****.

The prices are outrageous. If the oil companies see a chance to rape us, they will take every opportunity to do so. And we as citizens allow it to happen without much of a peep. $4.19 here north of Santa Barbara as of a few days ago. Prolly higher today. Ugh...

$3.65 here... I put premium in one of my vehicles. Remember when they would charge about $.10 more across the board for special and then for premium? Why has that been all over the board now with sometimes a $.30 increase? The problem has to be the distribution network and the freedom the station owners have to set their own price... ?? Anyway, what is the big deal? Weren't fuel prices way higher a bunch of years ago when vehicles were even bigger hogs... My vehicles are going on 6 years old... I survived it then with those vehicles, I will survive it now.

The prices are outrageous. If the oil companies see a chance to rape us, they will take every opportunity to do so. And we as citizens allow it to happen without much of a peep.

I love how folks knee jerk hate on the oil companies but rarely hear anybody mention the Federal Reserve's role

Could the rising price of gas possibly be related to the falling value of the dollar?