Is Garrison Sanborn really a franchise long snapper?

Where did this guy even come from? Just out of nowhere the Bills pulled this guy from the scrapheap and made him a starter. You think the steelers or the patriots do this? Typical buffalo

Ralph is so cheap he probably didn't even scout him and keeps him around so he won't have to pa a pro bowler And we have NOOOOOO DEPTH at this position. I hope Buddy has a replacement in mind before this guy costs us a game.

Edited by Captain Hindsight

You guys are ridiculous. Sanborn might not be the type of long snapper that can win games single-handedly, but Patrick Mannelly ain't walkin' through that door!

Is Sanborn a franchise long snapper? No. Do we need to create yet another hole (one which we'd realistically have to spend a 1st or 2nd rounder to replace)? No.

The only question is do the Bills go Kicker then Long Snapper or Long Snapper then Kicker. Buddy could throw a curve ball and trade next years 1 to get a Punter as well in the first two rounds.

Think about it. If the snap never gets to the holder, what role does the kicker even play? I'm all for drafting a long snapper #10 and then trading back into the 1st round for a kicker.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

Where did this guy even come from? Just out of nowhere the Bills pulled this guy from the scrapheap and made him a starter. You think the steelers or the patriots do this? Typical buffalo

Ralph is so cheap he probably didn't even scout him and keeps him around so he won't have to pa a pro bowler And we have NOOOOOO DEPTH at this position. I hope Buddy has a replacement in mind before this guy costs us a game.

Hey I already did this thread. I expect my royalty check in the mail soon :)

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/121777-cut-garrison-sanborn/page__fromsearch__1

I think long snapper if one of the few strenghts this team has. Moorman is no longer the all world punter he once was, we need to either use r pick at 10 to draft another one who can sit the bench and learn moormans work ethic or trade for lechler.

I would absolutely love to see Ethan Albright come in to coach the long-snappers. That guy was all heart, he snapped like a warrior.

What could the lowest rated Madden player ever teach these guys? Wasn't he rated like 36 one year? Heck at least Sanborn is a 58 this year.

We do need a franchise long snapper. After doing a full rectal-statistical analysis, i determined that teams with franchise long snappers win trhe super bowl once every 8.36425 years, while teams without a franchsie long snapper win a super bowl every 4,726 years.

it is imperative we devote all of our resources into finding a franchise long snapper.

I mean lets be honest. This team isn't going anywhere until we nail down that position. This guy got two kickers on IR. He's a liability clearly

It might be prudent to clear up this weakness now and find the right long snapper in the 1st round. You can't take a chance on missing your guy. I think that we'll be able to identify who that is at the Combine. :blink:

Obviously we should trade Ryan Fitzpatrick for a franchise long snapper!!!!

We can win the Super Bowl with ANYONE under center!!!! The Ravens did it with Trent Dilfer!!!!

Only idiots think having a good quarterback is important!!!!

If there is a long snapper at #10 I say we grab him.

PTR

There are a couple decent long snappers that should still be there at the top of the second round. I'm tired of the Bills reaching in the draft. They should just sit tight and take the best remaining long-snapper in the second. I wouldn't even be opposed to them taking a chance on a high-risk high-reward type LS prospect in the late rounds as well. Let them compete in training camp and keep the best one. You build a strong team through competition!

What really concerns me is, who are our 2nd and 3rd string long snappers? This is really a position of need and we should draft one early for depth... If they are really good we could even put them both on the field at the same time to confuse the other team...We have to find a way to get all of the talent on the field together...

Are you really starting a thread over a long snapper? Dude get a life.

DID YOU REALLY ASK ABOUT A LONG SNAPPER? WHAT A A@@

They say the inability to recognize sarcasm is an early sign of alzheimer's....Might want to get yourselves checked...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I have heard that this isn't a long snapper deep draft class....and the guys who are have serious character issues. Do we want another marshawn Lynch character type long snapper? Dancing at the line before snapping? I say we go hard during FA for our franchise LS. Lord knows were only as good as our longest snap.

Obviously we should trade Ryan Fitzpatrick for a franchise long snapper!!!!

We can win the Super Bowl with ANYONE under center!!!! The Ravens did it with Trent Dilfer!!!!

Only idiots think having a good quarterback is important!!!!

No way would trading Fitzgerald land us a franchise long snapper, maybe Fitzrichard and 2-3 firsts, at which point adding in Fitzbaldwin is pointless.

You guys are ridiculous. Sanborn might not be the type of long snapper that can win games single-handedly, but Patrick Mannelly ain't walkin' through that door!

Is Sanborn a franchise long snapper? No. Do we need to create yet another hole (one which we'd realistically have to spend a 1st or 2nd rounder to replace)? No.

Sage, you read my mind!

Nice refrence to Mannelly...great guy. Worked out with him going into playing college football.

All that said this topic is hillarious...great way to start the day.

If there is a long snapper at #10 I say we grab him.

PTR

Not quite very far fetched. There is no such thing as a 'reach' to get a guy you really want. Ask Billy Cundiff if a good snap could not have helped him make the FG in last weekends game. That is the difference between waltzing at the big dance and sitting in your dark basement eating stale pizza with your friends.

Top 3 Long Snappers in the draft

Here are the top 3, do we think 1 will fall to us in the 2nd or do we take the top guy at number 10?

See my comments above. I still hope Trent Richardson falls to us, else LS is good enough for me