Is Garrison Sanborn really a franchise long snapper?

I know Buddy is very much into measurables, and many of the top rated LS's this year just have too short of arms... it has to be considered that the LS's have to be able to reach the ball if it's on the ground, right?

I'm just hoping we don't reach for a workout warrior LS who snaps through a brick wall, but can't remember the playbook to save his life.

ST's coaches are running more and more complicated snapping plays, we need a guy who can show he has it between the ears, gotta get at least a 35 on that Wonderlic!

who gives a !@#$ about long snapping, we weren't in field goal range for rayners pussyass regardless towards the end of the season, lets get a couple pass rushers, a real #2 wideout, some corners and oh a q.b. Yea id say long snappers are really going to be an important get for us this year.

Dont underestimate how important the long snapper is to coaches around the league. My link

Where did this guy even come from? Just out of nowhere the Bills pulled this guy from the scrapheap and made him a starter. You think the steelers or the patriots do this? Typical buffalo

Ralph is so cheap he probably didn't even scout him and keeps him around so he won't have to pa a pro bowler And we have NOOOOOO DEPTH at this position. I hope Buddy has a replacement in mind before this guy costs us a game.

Man i read one of your replies earlier & this post & apparently reading comprehension is not a strong suit or you just look on here when your pissed & need something to complain about !!

Garrison Sanborn was sign like 3 or 4 years ago we had already had a long snapper & Sanborn if my memory serves me correctly (which it has a tendency to fail me now that i've hit 50) but i think we got him from the Noles . He was a very good pick because of his specialty & you would know that if you paid attention . :blink: :blink:

Man i read one of your replies earlier & this post & apparently reading comprehension is not a strong suit or you just look on here when your pissed & need something to complain about !!

Garrison Sanborn was sign like 3 or 4 years ago we had already had a long snapper & Sanborn if my memory serves me correctly (which it has a tendency to fail me now that i've hit 50) but i think we got him from the Noles . He was a very good pick because of his specialty & you would know that if you paid attention . :blink: :blink:

Clearly you lack a sarcasm detector...

Schinio who was just hired by the bugs as a head coach received a recommendation from Bill Belicheck, whose son is the LS for Rutgers.... i'm just saying he could be a great addition to this football team

What makes you think that Bill Belicheck* would join the Bills? :wallbash: stupid :wallbash: farking :wallbash: comment :wallbash:

Schinio who was just hired by the bugs as a head coach received a recommendation from Bill Belicheck, whose son is the LS for Rutgers.... i'm just saying he could be a great addition to this football team

How does a team of bugs snap the ball, anyway? I suppose a praying mantis might have long enough "arms," but who's (what's?) gonna kick it?

• 1 month later...

Did we see any good long snappers this weekend at the combine? 40 times? Bench press?

Long snapper won't matter until until we get a franchise waterboy. That kid that got hired because his grandpa is friends with Buddy is an OK stopgap, but his 40 time makes him more of a #2. He just can't get out to the huddle with those bottles fast enough during timeouts, and our players not being sufficiently hydrated is a key reason why we always have so many guys on IR IMO.

Long snapper won't matter until until we get a franchise waterboy. That kid that got hired because his grandpa is friends with Buddy is an OK stopgap, but his 40 time makes him more of a #2. He just can't get out to the huddle with those bottles fast enough during timeouts, and our players not being sufficiently hydrated is a key reason why we always have so many guys on IR IMO.

Hydration has been a concern of mine for some time. I bet if we got rid of TV's on the sidelines, we might be able to stay more healthy

Top 3 Long Snappers in the draft

Here are the top 3, do we think 1 will fall to us in the 2nd or do we take the top guy at number 10?

Without having clicked on your link, I can safely say that these guys are system long snappers. Theres no wayy they would survive NFL snapping duties.

Did we see any good long snappers this weekend at the combine? 40 times? Bench press?

Forget it. You can be fooled by workout warriors in the underwear olympics. What's their Wonderlic score? That's the tell-tale that the HOF ST coaches key in on.

Isn't Sanborn signed thru 2014? i know that the Bills front office is secretive about the players contracts ,but does anyone know how much of his contract is guaranteed? Cutting him could result in a 2012 cap hit that would limit who we could sign.

Isn't Sanborn signed thru 2014? i know that the Bills front office is secretive about the players contracts ,but does anyone know how much of his contract is guaranteed? Cutting him could result in a 2012 cap hit that would limit who we could sign.

I hope its not guaranteed, this is a position that needs a serious upgrade. And who wears #65 :thumbdown: