A Few (Very Abbreviated) Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

News Flash. We just signed Pears to a contract extension last week.

Not likely we would extend a backup so I suspect we are looking at Hairston at LT and Pears at RT again. I think you will see them let Bell walk away. This is the consistent mode of operation for the Bills FO. (which is why it will prove to be the wrong thing to do).

Funny how everyone seems to now use ralphthink mode. But i agree with every observation you made. You have to wonder what bells market value is?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) How freaking smart is Simon? Seriously. He told us that Dwan Edwards could play. He did. Look at my thoughts from last week. Thank you SDS for providing us a site on which internet posters know more than the people who actually run this football team. And yes, D. Edwards played a very good game.

2) Bell sucked today. He flat out sucked. Please, disagree with me if you will. Let's discuss it. I make the contention that he was a bag of s&^t.

3) It was sad watching Fitz today.

4) The Grateful Dead is back due to John Kadlecik. Got my tickets for April 7, 2012 in Wallingford, Ct. if anyone cares. :)

youtube.com/watch?v=v4-2MqbyJgw

5) One more shout-out to Marcel Dareus. He's a great kid. :thumbsup:

6) Spiller had a great statistical game. If anyone wants to blast me for calling this a stupid pick, you really should do so. It's all cool.

7) I am proud to be a Bills Fan, and always will be. You will never read a post from me about giving up, etc. It's too late for this. I watched the game today with some great people. Diehard Bills fans and great friends. It's all cool.

8) They need to re-sign Urbik. Seriously, he is good. he belongs on our roster.

9) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Bill I enjoy your reading your thoughts after each game. I still don't like the Spiller pick, but it is what it is. Like I told you at the time, Spiller was by far rated higher then the next rated player. Buddy Nix has been playing his cards closer to the vest since then. It was a not so secret, secret that they were very high on Spiller.

Dareus is a good one...solid pick who with any consistent help next to him would silence most naysayers thus far.

On a bad line Bell was the least of our problems, at least this game. Maybe the Bills are just showcasing Bell, hoping he can be delt at draft time with good outings now. Just speculation. He's missed most of the season so we'll watch to see how he finishes out the season

I really really hope that what Gailey spouted about Fitz is just BS. Fitz can be cut after next season with a minimal cap consequence. I wonder if Buddy Nix will be given the green light to draft a QB in the 1st round by Wilson's bean counters if they see the mass exodus of club seat owners not renewing (95% due for renewal)or seeing the floor drop out on season ticket sales.

We need 2 outside backers and one inside. Barnett was the best out of this motley crew.

IMO this arguably George Wilson's worst game this season from my vantage point at the stadium.

Lucky You :thumbsup: on going to see the Grateful Dead. Enjoy, you deserve it. You are one of the good guys here and am lucky to count you as a friend.

The bond of eternal optimism we all share. Next year will be better. We look for that glimmer of Hope to hang our hat on. Been doing that for 49 years of going to games so like You I part with GO BILLS !!!

I think they like Bell and they will try to secure his services. If what you say is true why even play the guy when they have, in your opinion, the next year starting LT in Hairston?

I'm very dissapointed with how this year has developed but I won't credit past mistakes or MOs to this front office.

Denial is a powerful coping mechanism.

Pears is replacement level and can't handle good rushers off the edge. I find it ironic, provided Hairston isn't hurt, that the team played Bell at all after Hairston started. That is, unless he was so bad they needed to insert another guy in Bell with no future on the team. It would be a huge mistake next season to expect Hairston to play LT given his body type, as he's less nimble than Bell, built like a pear, and not strong at the point of attack. If the Bills had a down field passing game with a QB with an arm to make it happen, a good LT would do wonders. Instead, they're shopping the blue light specials and re-signing guys like Pears and expecting Hairston to be able to start.

Agree. I would like to retain Bell and have some competition and depth at tackle for the first time since 1987-88.

Even if we resign Bell we should bring in another legit LT either by draft or free agency.

This FO is simply satisfied to find overacheivers from the bargain bins and call it good enough.

you build great teams from the trenches back. Until we commit to building an outstanding offensive and defensive line (in a 3-4 include the linebackers) we will not be going anywhere.

I agree with Bill that Fitz is not showing much of anything and if we are picking in the top three or four we should hope to get one of the two great qb's available. If not I think Tyrann Mathieu may be the best football player overall in the draft.

The Bills have a real loser attitude. I hate to say that, but I think they came back from the break thinking they were entitled, and when the cowboys trounced them they just went into a fetal position.

Memo to Bills...grow a set of gonads and go after Denver and New England...go into the offseason with at least some semblance of dignity.

Bob I have the same feeling as you right now.

Could not agree more. I dropped my season tickets this year & went to the first 3 games. Yesterday I went to my friends tailgate yesterday in lot 5 & at 12:50 had my dad pick me up & drive me home(I live 10 minutes away from the stadium. As I was waiting for him to get there I was watching all the people heading up the parking lot into the stadium. The fan base looks in general very beat up. The faces on the people you could just tell they are hurt by the way this franchise is run. It made me sad. I know, I know, there is more important things in life then football, & I could not agree more with that statement. Still it does hurt that this fanbase has been taking advantage of all these years & Wilson/Brandon/Littman etc..... should all be ashamed of themselves.

My buddy and I started a blog about sports in the 716, as well as covering other relevant sports stories throughout the country and my buddy did a post recently about the Bills. I will do a recap of yesterdays game when I am done with work. Hope you all check it out and feel free to leave comments.

http://welcometothe7...bad-news-bills/

"Like" us on facebook Welcome to the 716

Follow us on twitter @welcometothe716

Anybody think Gailey stands a greater than 50% chance of getting fired if the Bills lose out?

Perhaps somebody knows this, but who's the last coach (if there ever was one) that kept their job after losing nine games in a row to end a season?

In a way these last 6 games have been a blessing. Let's face it, this team wasn't going to win the Superbowl this year, and while I'd love to sniff the playoffs for a change, they would've been embarassed in Round 1 had they made it. By losing the way that they have, they HAVE to make a change to the defensive coaching staff if they want to avoid a total fan revolt. They also need to re-evaluate their approach to the offseason (aka, "building through the draft" and "resigning our best players" doesn't work well when you blow entire drafts and then let your best players walk for nothing). As Nix promised, we've now seen the baby, and frankly, we should've aborted... the fanbase has run out of patience. Let's see if OBD responds. By the way, has anyone heard from Nix lately? Would be nice to hear from the CEO about why his product is garbage, and what he intends to do about it. A responsible CEO would stand up and face the music.

Try Spencer Johnson! If I watch another back run around him on another sweep I'm going to puke. UGH!!

Both Dwan and Spencer played well. It was Kelsay who really stunk it up yesterday against the run, though he finally made a play with that QB fumble hit. Still, cut him. Actually cut Spencer too, he's not an OLB. I like Dwan.

Both Dwan and Spencer played well. It was Kelsay who really stunk it up yesterday against the run, though he finally made a play with that QB fumble hit. Still, cut him. Actually cut Spencer too, he's not an OLB. I like Dwan.

This attitude of "cut him he's not good enough" is why the team is continually spinning its wheels. Yes, Kelsay is not the kind of player I want to see as the best the team has to offer. They are paying him too much for what he does. This team needs to be one where players like Kelsay are outshone by numerous others on the field. They have to draft or otherwise obtain players better than Kelsay. But you also NEED players of his ability because you can't have stars at every position. Otherwise you HAVE NO DEPTH. Which is one of the major problems with this team.

Cut Kelsay and then what? Draft a rookie to replace him? Where does that leave you? YOu draft somebody hoping he will replace Kelsay eventually, or draft somebody who plays behind or next to him that's better. Eventually you let him go or have him playing backup. And if that better player gets hurt or needs a blow you play Kelsay instead of some guy you picked up yesterday from somebody else's practice squad.

Same goes for all those shouting to cut Bell. Aside from the fact that I think Bell, healthy, is better than Hairston, there's not enough depth on the o-line as it stands. You need at least three offensive tackles who can play. If you can get someone better than Bell, get him. But don't just let Bell go when he can be a valuable player either starting or filling in.

This attitude of "cut him he's not good enough" is why the team is continually spinning its wheels.

No, it's what makes this message board unreadable half the time. The reason the Bills are spinning their wheels is not because of the fans - it's because the beancounters at OBD don't want to pay for depth, because it doesn't sell tickets in July and August.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

Dwan Edwards is the worst player on this defense!

Worse than Kelsay?

On a bad line Bell was the least of our problems, at least this game. Maybe the Bills are just showcasing Bell, hoping he can be delt at draft time with good outings now. Just speculation. He's missed most of the season so we'll watch to see how he finishes out the season

Isn't Bell a UFA. Unless the Bills give him the franchise tag, he is as good as gone.

I really really hope that what Gailey spouted about Fitz is just BS. Fitz can be cut after next season with a minimal cap consequence. I wonder if Buddy Nix will be given the green light to draft a QB in the 1st round by Wilson's bean counters if they see the mass exodus of club seat owners not renewing (95% due for renewal)or seeing the floor drop out on season ticket sales.

The Bills need a pass rushing DE sorely and if there is one in the point where they draft, they got to take one. Fitz was good when he had good protection in the first 7 weeks. In fact I believe he was only sacked once during that time. Also, if Freddie comes back from injury and they can find a good FA WR as their #2 WR, the offense can resurrect (provided of course they can sign Stevie Johnson to a FA contract).

We need 2 outside backers and one inside. Barnett was the best out of this motley crew.

IMO this arguably George Wilson's worst game this season from my vantage point at the stadium.

Wilson may not be completely healed. When he is out there, he was playing @ probowl level. Sadly they couldn't keep that up.

Agree. I would like to retain Bell and have some competition and depth at tackle for the first time since 1987-88.

Even if we resign Bell we should bring in another legit LT either by draft or free agency.

This FO is simply satisfied to find overacheivers from the bargain bins and call it good enough.

Bell, despite all the puff pieces and OL analysis on TBD, is not strong at the point of attack. If it weren't for the myriad of needs, drafting a true OT in the top half of the first round is beyond late.

Anybody think Gailey stands a greater than 50% chance of getting fired if the Bills lose out?

Perhaps somebody knows this, but who's the last coach (if there ever was one) that kept their job after losing nine games in a row to end a season?

I was going to compare this situation with DJ's in 2008-09, but Gailey didn't just sign his contract. Still, if DJ could keep his job after that 2-8 finish, why can't Chan if he goes 0-9? I think they know in the front office what the options would be if Chan were axed, and it's not good. Then again, those 35 calls a day Buddy got might suggest otherwise. ;)

Two Good things I can say about the game is

1 CJ Spiller showed he can be successful if Gailey will let him

2 We moved ahead of the Cardinals, Dolphins & Chiefs in the Draft

Three good things i can say about the game are:

1) Spiller didn't suck. But have to temper than with the fact that it was Miami.

2) Can't remember his name, but whoever was returning kicks had a couple nice ones. Almost broke a couple of them.

3) It is over and I never, ever, have to watch that piece of **** game again.

Edited by CodeMonkey