A Few (Very Abbreviated) Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

1) How freaking smart is Simon? Seriously. He told us that Dwan Edwards could play. He did. Look at my thoughts from last week. Thank you SDS for providing us a site on which internet posters know more than the people who actually run this football team. And yes, D. Edwards played a very good game.

2) Bell sucked today. He flat out sucked. Please, disagree with me if you will. Let's discuss it. I make the contention that he was a bag of s&^t.

3) It was sad watching Fitz today.

4) The Grateful Dead is back due to John Kadlecik. Got my tickets for April 7, 2012 in Wallingford, Ct. if anyone cares. :)

5) One more shout-out to Marcel Dareus. He's a great kid. :thumbsup:

6) Spiller had a great statistical game. If anyone wants to blast me for calling this a stupid pick, you really should do so. It's all cool.

7) I am proud to be a Bills Fan, and always will be. You will never read a post from me about giving up, etc. It's too late for this. I watched the game today with some great people. Diehard Bills fans and great friends. It's all cool.

8) They need to re-sign Urbik. Seriously, he is good. he belongs on our roster.

9) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Bill, is that show at the Palace? If so that place is beautiful! Want to meet up for a beer before show?

It is a place that seats 5,000 people. We have a bunch of people going, and it would be great to hook up. We will talk, ok? :thumbsup:

I disagree with you on Bell. I only noticed the LT position when Hairston was in and it was because he was getting beat. Pears on the other hand struggled all game long.

Pears looked good on a couple of runs. Bell looked very bad. VERY bad.

It is a place that seats 5,000 people. We have a bunch of people going, and it would be great to hook up. We will talk, ok? :thumbsup:

Pears took two crucial penalties and was was having trouble with Wake all day, allowing one sack. The only penalty I remember on the other side was taken by Hairston. After one of the Pears penalties one of my pals joked, "They shouldn't have renewed his contract."

I'll have to re-watch the game play by play, but my suspicion is that your vision of Bell is clouded by the fact that you just can't stand him because the Bills let Peters go and expected Bell to replace him. I don't think you will ever got over that. But I could be wrong.

This is Bells first game back no? Hairston is a rookie. They'll get better with more playing time.

Spiller is a fine change of pace back. Waste of a number 1: Yes. Do I dislike the guy? No.

Dareus leads the team in sacks. To the Dareus haters: Do you have any idea how hard that is to do from the NT spot? Imagine if anyone good (no offense to Edwards) was playing on either side of him.

Watching Fitz bums me out. On many throws, he looked out of sync with the WRs. HE was getting hit more today. But he also didn't look good. I really like the guy. Let's hope next year is a reset with people healthy and he comes back looking like games 1-7.

7) I am proud to be a Bills Fan, and always will be. You will never read a post from me about giving up, etc. It's too late for this. I watched the game today with some great people. Diehard Bills fans and great friends. It's all cool.

Even when I put up my Bad Fan 'Randy Quaid in 'Major League'" avatar, I still love the team.

I just hate what's being done to it / how it's run, from the top down.

As they say, the opposite of love isn't hate. It's apathy.

Edited by UConn James

This is Bells first game back no? Hairston is a rookie. They'll get better with more playing time.

I think next year line will feature Bell at LT and Hairston at RT. If Wood is back I like the prospect of the line. Obviously if there isn't a QB worth taking and there is a can't miss LT prospect take him.

I'll have to re-watch the game play by play, but my suspicion is that your vision of Bell is clouded by the fact that you just can't stand him because the Bills let Peters go and expected Bell to replace him. I don't think you will ever got over that. But I could be wrong.

It is possible that you are correct. But what I saw today from Bell was a soft, weak, small little ineffective football player.

It is possible that you are correct. But what I saw today from Bell was a soft, weak, small little ineffective football player.

Bill, I'm curious. Did you really think that Pears played better than Bell did? Did you not see the trouble he was having with Cameron Wake, the penalties he took that hampered an already struggling offense? I generally have thought Pears has played better than anyone would have expected, way better than any RT they have had recently (which I realize isn't saying much). But I did not think this was a good game for him

I haven't seen a single post about Aaron Williams. I thought he had a solid game and along with Dareus, Byrd and Williams make a nice young core for this defense.

The league should send the video of him tackling Davone Bess to James Harrison, that was textbook tackle and as hard as a hit can be.

Williams had a great game and was burned only by great throws. Nice forced fumble too.

1) How freaking smart is Simon? Seriously. He told us that Dwan Edwards could play. He did. Look at my thoughts from last week. Thank you SDS for providing us a site on which internet posters know more than the people who actually run this football team. And yes, D. Edwards played a very good game.

2) Bell sucked today. He flat out sucked. Please, disagree with me if you will. Let's discuss it. I make the contention that he was a bag of s&^t.

4) The Grateful Dead is back due to John Kadlecik. Got my tickets for April 7, 2012 in Wallingford, Ct. if anyone cares. :)

youtube.com/watch?v=v4-2MqbyJgw

6) Spiller had a great statistical game. If anyone wants to blast me for calling this a stupid pick, you really should do so. It's all cool.

1) Dwan Edwards - Really? I disagree. This guy is not very good at all. He is supposed to be a veteran leader on this team and he has been invisable most of the season. Yes, he made a few plays, big deal, so did Kelsey for that matter.

2) Bell sucked today. - Totally disagree again. Pears sucked the most and killed a few drives. Then Hairston sucked the second most. Bell was barely noticable, which for our tackles, is usually a good thing.

3) It was sad watching Fitz today. - Agree here. I am very down on Fitz. Really starting to regret the contract he got. What happened to Fitz the gamer? He looks defeated. Of course, he has the worst receiving corps in the league.

4) The Grateful Dead is back due to John Kadlecik. Got my tickets for April 7, 2012 in Wallingford, Ct. if anyone cares. :) - Nice. Enjoy!

5) One more shout-out to Marcel Dareus. He's a great kid. :thumbsup:Agree on this one.

6) Spiller had a great statistical game. If anyone wants to blast me for calling this a stupid pick, you really should do so. It's all cool. - Spiller had a very good game that could have been a great game if they played him more. I will never undertsand the desire to pass so much. Especially with Fitz being so off, the leaking tackles in Pears and Hairston, and the low quality recievers he has left to chose from.

7) I am proud to be a Bills Fan, and always will be. You will never read a post from me about giving up, etc. It's too late for this. I watched the game today with some great people. Diehard Bills fans and great friends. It's all cool. - It is not cool at all. I am a long time fan and I have never been ashamed of this franchise until now. I have a hopeless feeling that stems from Mr. Wilson and all of the croonies that work for him. I know we have a ton of injuries but the decisions made on how to stock this roster and leave $25M of cap space on the table is what is killing us right now. It is not fair to the good players to be playing with 4th string talent. We have never been this bad for this long. Never bad for four straight GM/Coaching regimes. We have had worse teams than this one but this franchise is just drifting aimlessly. I do not see Nix and Gailey as the guys to lead us into respectability.

8) They need to re-sign Urbik. Seriously, he is good. he belongs on our roster. - Could have swore you said he sucked last week or the week prior? Agree that he has been solid at both gaurd and center.

Edited by Bob in STL

7) ]It is not cool at all. I am a long time fan and I have never been ashamed of this franchise until now. I have a hopeless feeling that stems from Mr. Wilson and all of the croonies that work for him. I know we have a ton of injuries but the decisions made on how to stock this roster and leave $25M of cap space on the table is what is killing us right now. It is not fair to the good players to be playing with 4th string talent. We have never been this bad for this long. Never bad for four straight GM/Coaching regimes. We have had worse teams than this one but this franchise is just drifting aimlessly. I do not see Nix and Gailey as the guys to lead us into respectability. [/i]

Bob I have the same feeling as you right now.

I think next year line will feature Bell at LT and Hairston at RT. If Wood is back I like the prospect of the line. Obviously if there isn't a QB worth taking and there is a can't miss LT prospect take him.

News Flash. We just signed Pears to a contract extension last week.

Not likely we would extend a backup so I suspect we are looking at Hairston at LT and Pears at RT again. I think you will see them let Bell walk away. This is the consistent mode of operation for the Bills FO. (which is why it will prove to be the wrong thing to do).

youtube.com/watch?v=v4-2MqbyJgw

Must say! I really enjoy your posts ,as well as the Grateful Dead references. I hope things turn around soon. We could use a pick me up around here! Go Sabres!

Not likely we would extend a backup so I suspect we are looking at Hairston at LT and Pears at RT again. I think you will see them let Bell walk away. This is the consistent mode of operation for the Bills FO. (which is why it will prove to be the wrong thing to do).

I think they like Bell and they will try to secure his services. If what you say is true why even play the guy when they have, in your opinion, the next year starting LT in Hairston?

I'm very dissapointed with how this year has developed but I won't credit past mistakes or MOs to this front office.

Pears is replacement level and can't handle good rushers off the edge. I find it ironic, provided Hairston isn't hurt, that the team played Bell at all after Hairston started. That is, unless he was so bad they needed to insert another guy in Bell with no future on the team. It would be a huge mistake next season to expect Hairston to play LT given his body type, as he's less nimble than Bell, built like a pear, and not strong at the point of attack. If the Bills had a down field passing game with a QB with an arm to make it happen, a good LT would do wonders. Instead, they're shopping the blue light specials and re-signing guys like Pears and expecting Hairston to be able to start.