FIRE GEORGE EDWARDS!!!!

Joaquin1119

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sick and tired of his our D has been playing since the start of the season!! I don't understand why Chan hasn't fire Edwards yet. Once the season is over with, they better let him go!!!

Fire Edwards and do what, make Wannstedt the DC? How idiotic would that be?ph34r.gif

Having Spencer Johnson on the outside is a total joke. I understand we're not particularly deep at OLB, but the can is literally inept out there. If he can't stop the run (which is why he must be there in the first place) then why the hell is he still there? Just put Moats or Batten in, at least they might be able to slow down a stretch or toss to that side.

Having Spencer Johnson on the outside is a total joke. I understand we're not particularly deep at OLB, but the can is literally inept out there. If he can't stop the run (which is why he must be there in the first place) then why the hell is he still there? Just put Moats or Batten in, at least they might be able to slow down a stretch or toss to that side.

To be fair to Spencer, he looks to be giving it everything he has; but, who is the unmitigated moron that has him playing OLB? It makes as much sense as, say, starting Wes Welker at NT so Vince Wilfork can cover Lee Evans running fly patterns.

To be fair to Spencer, he looks to be giving it everything he has; but, who is the unmitigated moron that has him playing OLB? It makes as much sense as, say, starting Wes Welker at NT so Vince Wilfork can cover Lee Evans running fly patterns.

That's why I put this in the FIRE EDWARDS thread. I'm sure Johnson works hard, but the fact he's out of position is on Edwards.

I said it in another thread, I waiting for Edwards to move Jasper to OLB. Moats/Batten, Moats/Coleman god we need some speed at OLB, DL pretending to be OLB's isnt ever going to work and how that moron Edwards cant see that is beyond me.

It appears that our coaching staff makes really terrible decisions at critical times. For the last few weeks - its been the offense. Today it was the defense. How in the world do you call a corner blitz on third and whatever at the end -- we haven't gotten to the QB all day -- yet on this critical play they blitz and it cost us a crucial first down en route to the TD.

And who didn't call the Jets marching down the field and scoring the go-ahead TD even though the defense had actually played halfway decent throughout the game? It was like deja-vu/nightmare that we have seen in oh so many games.

You just KNEW it was going to happen, I don't care how f-in die hard of a fan you are. We all knew it was going to happen with THAT defense...and it did.

The Gailey/Edwards relationship is no different than what occurs on most NFL coaching staffs. The HC until he is backed against the wall by the GM or owner, will be fiercely loyal to his assistants....NO MATTER HOW BADLY THEY SUCK!

Yep! It's obvious at this point that Edward is in thick with Chan. At the end of the season, Nix will instruct Chan to fire him. And then we start over again.

But, as a coach I told always anyone that will listen, I'm a lot smarter Coach when I have better players . . . funny how that works. <_<

Edited by CSBill

Shonn Green looked like Walter payton running bythis clown.

I am about 95% we'll see Edwards fired at the end of the season. Actually a "real" owner would probably get rid of the GM (Nix) and the head coach (Chan) after this season's collapse.

But senile Ralph won't do that... As we've seen with Jauron, he'll stay with a losing coach until things bottom out. Chan is doing what he can with average talent. It's a two way street here though, there's bad players on a bad defense. Buddy, Chan, and Edwards all deserve blame here

Spencer Johnson wasn't even of much use as a reserve 4-3 DT several years ago. As on OLB he is ridiculous. Talk about not setting the edge.

Spencer Johnson wasn't even of much use as a reserve 4-3 DT several years ago. As on OLB he is ridiculous. Talk about not setting the edge.

Oh yeah, he was getting best big time. It does look like he's trying his butt off, though he should not be asked to make those plays. It's kind of like having Poz play LB in last years defense or having Whitner play CB. They are asking players to play positions they just aren't good enough in

This poor excuse of a defense has been making every qb look like Joe Montana this year. This includes Jason Campbell, Matt Moore, and mark Sanchez. Edwards better be gone after this season. I don't care about the injuries they were awful on pass rush & pass defense before any of the injuries occured.

Its almost certain... Barring a dominating defensive performance over the next 5 weeks, George Edwards will be fired... canned....cut loose.

My question is, at what point do we hold Buddy Nix accountable for the lackluster talent he put on the team? His drafting has been suspect at best - guys like Spiller and Dareus may show potential but aren't making big plays in big games. Going into this year, this team had glaring holes -- and many of those were filled with retreads or inexperienced players who don't get the job done. We needed depth -- we knew this. Yet one look at our roster and you knew if a few injuries happened we would be toast. And here we are... Toast.

Edwards has coached awful -- yes. But he's not the one who can't make a play in the ball, cover a wide receiver, or sack the QB. The subpar talent on this team is.

Take a guy like GM Alex Spanos on San Diego. He's found some great talent along with AJ Smith. But San Diego is underperforming and he's likely to get fired for it. At some point, we to examine the job Nix has done. I sure hope the GM seat at One Bills Drive is getting warmer -- it should be.

At this point better to keep him n not win another game

:lol: true :cry:

exactly

This poor excuse of a defense has been making every qb look like Joe Montana this year. This includes Jason Campbell, Matt Moore, and mark Sanchez. Edwards better be gone after this season. I don't care about the injuries they were awful on pass rush & pass defense before any of the injuries occured.

I am pretty sure this is foregone. You don't have one of the lowest ranked defenses two years in a row and get to keep your job in the NFL... Even in Buffalo this is unlikely

Its almost certain... Barring a dominating defensive performance over the next 5 weeks, George Edwards will be fired... canned....cut loose.

My question is, at what point do we hold Buddy Nix accountable for the lackluster talent he put on the team? His drafting has been suspect at best - guys like Spiller and Dareus may show potential but aren't making big plays in big games. Going into this year, this team had glaring holes -- and many of those were filled with retreads or inexperienced players who don't get the job done. We needed depth -- we knew this. Yet one look at our roster and you knew if a few injuries happened we would be toast. And here we are... Toast.

Edwards has coached awful -- yes. But he's not the one who can't make a play in the ball, cover a wide receiver, or sack the QB. The subpar talent on this team is.

Take a guy like GM Alex Spanos on San Diego. He's found some great talent along with AJ Smith. But San Diego is underperforming and he's likely to get fired for it. At some point, we to examine the job Nix has done. I sure hope the GM seat at One Bills Drive is getting warmer -- it should be.

so going from 4 wins to lets say 7 or 8 wins isn't progress. Wait if they improve that much next year they will win 10 or 11 hmmmm

At this point, firing Edwards won't do much on the field of play. But you know what it will do? It will show the fans and the team as a whole that this **** won't be tolerated any further. It's the symbolism of his firing that'll hopefully reverberate throughout the franchise and fans. This defense is by far, the worst in the league..and it's simply unacceptable.

I'm sick and !@#$ing tired of this offense having to carry this team EVERY SINGLE GAME (minus the redskins game). Our offense has made serious strides this year but we're still not an elite offense - we can be good/really good some games and other be quite average/below average..we can't expect the offense to go and put up 30 points every week. But you give me a defense that ranks 15th or 16th in the league in yds allowed/pts allowed (aka an average defense), and I'll give you a team that is at least 7-4 or maybe even 8-3 at this point. That's water under the bridge at this point though..what really bothers me is taht we have seen little to no improvement in this defense as teh season goes on..look at the patriots, is the patriots defensive personnel much better than ours? their entire secondary is filled with scrubs and sure they got torched for a few weeks, but their COACHING STAFF turned **** around and put players in a position to succeed. that hasn't happened here in Buffalo..if anything, our defense is getting worse as teh season continues. I'm not crazy about demanding that someone lose their job, but Edwards just does not appear to be qualified enough to be a Defensive Coordinator in this league. thus, he must go.

That 3rd and 11 blitz could not have been more obvious... A little leugue QB could have seen that coming.

league

Thought the same thing. As they always do, they telegraphed exactly who was blitzing and where three seconds before the ball was hiked.

Edwards is the worst DC in the history of Billdom. Should be let go immediately.

At this point, firing Edwards won't do much on the field of play. But you know what it will do? It will show the fans and the team as a whole that this **** won't be tolerated any further. It's the symbolism of his firing that'll hopefully reverberate throughout the franchise and fans. This defense is by far, the worst in the league..and it's simply unacceptable.

I'm sick and !@#$ing tired of this offense having to carry this team EVERY SINGLE GAME (minus the redskins game). Our offense has made serious strides this year but we're still not an elite offense - we can be good/really good some games and other be quite average/below average..we can't expect the offense to go and put up 30 points every week. But you give me a defense that ranks 15th or 16th in the league in yds allowed/pts allowed (aka an average defense), and I'll give you a team that is at least 7-4 or maybe even 8-3 at this point. That's water under the bridge at this point though..what really bothers me is taht we have seen little to no improvement in this defense as teh season goes on..look at the patriots, is the patriots defensive personnel much better than ours? their entire secondary is filled with scrubs and sure they got torched for a few weeks, but their COACHING STAFF turned **** around and put players in a position to succeed. that hasn't happened here in Buffalo..if anything, our defense is getting worse as teh season continues. I'm not crazy about demanding that someone lose their job, but Edwards just does not appear to be qualified enough to be a Defensive Coordinator in this league. thus, he must go.

If I remember correctly, the Bills master plan for crappy coaches is to keep them for 3 years, apparently with some sort of disturbed fascination for seeing exactly to what depths of utter coaching crappiness they can descend to, then let them go and replace them with yet another guinea pig.

Therefore and thusly, instead of the FO rationally firing him after his first wretched season, or this wretched season, we will probably have yet a third wretched season of watching a middle school defense get snow plowed 11 or 12 games.

so going from 4 wins to lets say 7 or 8 wins isn't progress. Wait if they improve that much next year they will win 10 or 11 hmmmm

Well we havent won our 7th game yet or 6th. So if we go 6-10, then Nix and co. inherited a 6-10 team and 2 years later they are 6-10 and thats progress?