[Updated] Fred Jackson [goes on IR]

Observer

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JoeB_WGR Joe Buscaglia

Gailey says he doesn't know if Fred Jackson will be back before the end of the season.

JoeB_WGR Joe Buscaglia

With Jackson out, CJ Spiller gets the start. What a chance it is for him to prove himself. #Bills

5 minutes ago

Translation: I'm not going out there and get myself killed when I want a new deal.

PTR

Good for him. I don't want him going out there and getting killed either while there's still a chance he'll be here for another few years. Let Spiller earn some of his paycheck that he hasn't earned yet.

Good for him. I don't want him going out there and getting killed either while there's still a chance he'll be here for another few years. Let Spiller earn some of his paycheck that he hasn't earned yet.

Does Jackson have a bonus that kicks in at 1,000 yards rushing? Could be the organization (Ralph) be keeping him out, he isn't too far from that mark.

Maybe we'll see a number of two back set with CMack lead blocking for Spiller. Frankly, I don't know why we never seem to use a FB to lead block but if we can just get CJ a crease he's threat on every single play.

CMack is a freaking beast and it wouldn't hurt to have him hitting Bart Scott in the mouth several times.

Man, the news just keeps getting better out of OBD.

Not that the FO needs any more dung flung in its general direction, but Freddy's got to be more than a wee mite pissed that he's been leading the league for the most part of the year and they haven't shown him the respect of seriously negotiating a restructure of his deal. So, now they're forced to see what the guy THEY picked and PAID handsomely (who HASN'T PRODUCED a hill of ****'s worth of yardage in nearly two years) can do in Fred's place.

Freddy is a 30 year old RB who is still under contract for the remainder of this year and next. Why throw millions at him now?

Right. Let's cast him aside like an old shoe in favor of the supremely talented Mr. Spiller.

Fer cryin' out loud Frez, they paid Chris Kelsay and threw millions at Spawn Merryman and a host of other under-performing marginally talented journeymen.

It would improve the team morale immensely I'm sure if they continue to cheap on Fred - who's been leading the league in rushing most of the year.

Yeah, that's guaranteed to show the young'uns that if they produce for this team they'll get rewarded - rewarded with a faxed copy of the fine print in their existing contract.

Good message for UFAs too. They'll be pounding down their agent's door this offseason to demand they get a deal with Buffalo.

That's truly a feel good message that should resonate throughout the team and get great rewards in player performance across the board.

Right.

That's not going to help. Just got the vtext.

I'll be curious to see Spiller get the load though, since this season is about toast at this point anyways.

fixed

Translation: I'm not going out there and get myself killed when I want a new deal.

PTR

:unsure:

Yep. Its all 2012 preseason draft now.

fixed

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

Right. Let's cast him aside like an old shoe in favor of the supremely talented Mr. Spiller.

Fer cryin' out loud Frez, they paid Chris Kelsay and threw millions at Spawn Merryman and a host of other under-performing marginally talented journeymen.

It would improve the team morale immensely I'm sure if they continue to cheap on Fred - who's been leading the league in rushing most of the year.

Yeah, that's guaranteed to show the young'uns that if they produce for this team they'll get rewarded - rewarded with a faxed copy of the fine print in their existing contract.

Good message for UFAs too. They'll be pounding down their agent's door this offseason to demand they get a deal with Buffalo.

That's truly a feel good message that should resonate throughout the team and get great rewards in player performance across the board.

Right.

+1. Post of the week

It will be our luck that Spiller goes Walter Payton on Sunday and the Monday morning headlines read "Running Back Controversy in Buffalo? Should Jackson Get a New Deal?"

I'd love to see that, if for no other reason than to read BillfromNYC's post later that evening.

You can not take the beating Freddie gets and dishes out week after week and play all 16 games. I just won't happen...not at his age. I look forward to CJ getting 11 carries for 23 yards this week. We're not gonna run on the Jets. No way

Edited by zow2

I'm worried that Chan will just go five wide and not even bother with a run game. I would like to see if Spiller gets better with more touches, and I would also like to see if Johnny White has any potential. I have always thought that Corey McIntyre should get a chance to be a bigger part of the offense and get a few chances to carry the ball or get a little dump off pass. Now is the time to try it, but I bet it won't happen.

I also worry about Spiller and fumbles. He fumbled a few times last year, and last week he carried the ball in one hand in traffic. This week could be interesting. Probably not pretty, but definitely interesting.

I'd Fred ends up being out for the rest of the year I say we sign Joique Bell off NOLA's practice squad. We had him with us in 2010 till the iggles signed him off our practice squad. He is likely familiar with our terminology still and I was very impressed with what little I've seen of him when he got carries in the preseason this year.

Edited by JuanGuzman

Does Jackson have a bonus that kicks in at 1,000 yards rushing? Could be the organization (Ralph) be keeping him out, he isn't too far from that mark.

5/13/2009: Signed a four-year, $7.5 million contract. The deal included a $1.1 million signing bonus and a $650,000 roster bonus in the first year. $50,000 is available annually through workout bonuses. 2011: $1.75 million, 2012: $1.83 million, 2013: Free Agent

According to rotoworld no incentives in his contract other than workout bonuses

Fred Jackson WAS this teams Offense. I'm just sick about how this teams bad luck is. When we gonna catch a break??

CJ better do something. Now he will get his carries. For his sake I hope he does well. It will boast his ego if he plays even decent.

I'll watch the game all the way just to see how he does. Either way it will be interesting. (Trying to find some light people)

Hang in there Bills fans...

Freddy is a 30 year old RB who is still under contract for the remainder of this year and next. Why throw millions at him now?

Because he deserves it, it also makes a statement to our players, future free agents and Bills fans that this franchise takes care of it's people.

You can not take the beating Freddie gets and dishes out week after week and play all 16 games. I just won't happen...not at his age. I look forward to CJ getting 11 carries for 23 yards this week. We're not gonna run on the Jets. No way

Actually teams have been able to run against the Jets this year, especially on the outside. This could prove to be a good match up for Spiller. If they stack 8 up close against the run then look for big game by Chandler and Nelson in the flats.

Orrrrrrr we just try to run it up between the guards all day like the last game against the Jets and we get burried again!