[Updated] Fred Jackson [goes on IR]

Observer

Translation: I'm not going out there and get myself killed when I want a new deal.

PTR

Seriously? What evidence has Jackson ever given you in his time here to suggest he would lay down on his team that way? By the way, he has a chance to lead the league in rushing and all purpose yards and make the pro bowl. I am sure he would be ouit there if he could.

Does Jackson have a bonus that kicks in at 1,000 yards rushing? Could be the organization (Ralph) be keeping him out, he isn't too far from that mark.

Yes, I am sure old Mr. Smithers in his wheelchair up in Detroit is scheming how to make a few sheckles by holding out the Bills best player. Wow! I have heard some half baked conspiracy theories in my time, but this one takes the cake.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The idea that extending Fred is necessary makes no sense to me. Can a fan who supports this please tell me why it makes the team better? He is signed until 2013, so he's not going anywhere. So how does extending him now, at the expense of signing other players and having a more balanced roster, make sense?

So yeaa!! Pay the man!

Because:

• It happens all the time.
  • Extensions are done as a reward for past performance.
  • A contract can be structured in many way to protect the club and its money if that's what the hang up is.
  • He deserves a bonus now.
  • If they don't renegotiate his deal it's not going to sit well with him.
  • If he gets an inkling of a hint that they're putting him on IR to avoid a bonus clause for hitting 1,000 yards... his injury might just linger through most of next season - certainly through training camp and the preseason.