Time to bring back the traditional offense

TPS

you definitely might be on to something here. I think its time for a change from the spread but I dont know if I would want teams being able to stack the box either.

Put Fitz behind center, let McIntyre lead Spiller, and tell the O-line to "show me what you got". Hell, might as well run 2 TE and one WR against the Jets.

Was thinking this today. Would like to see a lot more of McIntyre -have him "out-physical" some lbs trying to fill the gap. Need some guys out there who will knock some heads.

Bills are so beat up in skilled position, they better go to the 2-back, with a FB, and power football. I don't think they have a choice. Pound it.

Every pass should go to Chandler. At this point, he's the only receiver worth a monkey deuce.

Bills are so beat up in skilled position, they better go to the 2-back, with a FB, and power football. I don't think they have a choice. Pound it.

"Pounding it" when they are behind 28-3 isn't going to accomplish much, is it?

I don't understand why with Mcintyre on the team why he hasn't been used more in a 2 back back field ?? Even use CJ & Fred in a 2 back set that would drive D coordinators nuts !!

Use motion to put CJ or Fred out in a slot type position or motion both of them out there that would be just another wrinkle to our O that opponents would have to get ready for !!

Go Bills !!!!!!

The Bills can't go heavy on the shotgun this week. I'm worried when I read Urbik has practiced most of the snaps out of the shotgun formation. The Jets will be able to diagnose the plays almost instantly.

And Spiller without McIntyre isn't going to scare the Jets.

There are a lot of things that we could be doing that we just haven't this year. I realize that a part of that is the limitations of personnel and the utilization of scheme to fit the personnel that we have (and the fact that practicing new things and perfecting them takes time) but it is kind of driving me crazy that "Megamind" is coming up short.

The Brad Smith running up the middle thing as a for instance. Teams are used to seeing it and everyone here complains it should lead at least once to Brad throwing the ball (which is a valid point). The easy way to make it less predictable and still surprise some people would be to just snap the ball to Cory (who really should handle the ball once in a while IMHO). The man is no just a blocker/lineman in the backfield, he is a running back. It is a minor variation which would make the whole wildcat thing less predictable and more effective.

I love Chan as a coach but little things like that are making me more and more doubt him. I also go a little crazy when I see him have them line up 5 wide to get 3 yards on 3rd down, although I do understand that a bit better (I hated the call though and the results didn't surprise me). At that point in the game the screen to Freddie was still working very well and IMO was just a much higher percentage play (if they were to just chickenshit to just run the damn ball). I also can't imagine why he thinks Spiller should run between the tackles, when it is very obvious he is much better outside. He isn't Fred and shouldn't have the same set of plays.

The D, don't get me started about the D. I really don't like how Chan said at the presser that he was the offensive guy....no he is the head coach and the Defensive guys schemes are blowing and limiting your offense, it is your damned responsibility to get the D right too. There I vented. Go Bills!

Now that Fred is down, it is the answer. Feed Cory Mac! There a hundred ways to do this. The man is a bowling ball. He will get your 3-5 yards on 3rd down. Feed Cory the damn ball against the Jests! Give Spiller the ball around end on 1st and second down, don't even try running him between tackles. And throw a long ball at least once a quarter, even if it is a wasted down. Get those safeties and CBs off the line.

Forget feeding Cory Mac the ball on just 3rd down, run him the whole game.

Start with our 5 o-linemen, put TEs on both sides and another TE in as Fullback, Brad Smith at QB, Cory Mac and Spiller in the wishbone. Give it to C-Mac every play in the 1st Q and do some bullying to the jests.

Beats the hell out of watching our WRs get jammed at the line and Fitzerratic getting chased all over the field.

Since we screwed ourselves on WR we apparently aren't running the bunch formation anymore which was really successful for us. May as well try to pound the rock. At least Fitz doesn't need to survey the defense after fielding snaps from the center at his ankles.

Every pass should go to Chandler. At this point, he's the only receiver worth a monkey deuce.

Against the Cowboys, the playaction roll-out pass to Chandler was there all day. Cowboys overpursued the run every time. I think we called the play 3 times, and it was good for 10-15 yards every time.

We could have literally just run Freddy and then playaction to Chandler all day, and would have gone up and down the field--very frustrating.

Against the Cowboys, the playaction roll-out pass to Chandler was there all day. Cowboys overpursued the run every time. I think we called the play 3 times, and it was good for 10-15 yards every time.

We could have literally just run Freddy and then playaction to Chandler all day, and would have gone up and down the field--very frustrating.

I am sure they would have allowed that.

I dunno what gailey has been thinking the last 3 games, but even when they were down against the Raiders and Patriots I remember Gailey still ran Jackson and when Fred scored and it "sparked" the entire team on to a win. Against the Cowboys the running game became an afterthought even tho Jackson was able to get 8.7 yards per carry on average....it just made no sense!

Its like Gailey has this Turk Schonert throw throw throw out of the shotgun mindset that was so lame. Schonert kept forcing the QB to try and make plays even when it clearly wasn't working. Remember Turk had both Jackson and Lynch and they both had 100 yards rushing against the Dolphins one year, but he stopped running the ball for some reason.

The thing is, if Freddy isn't 100% and can't carry a full load. Then who do they have that can even come close to doing what Jackson can do?

Anyway, I agree with the OP that the best part of the offense has been the running of Fred Jackson and the Bills should utilize him more, even when down by a big margin. The Bills need to utilize all their backs, Jackson, Spiller, and Brad Smith and keep working that ground game!