Reggie Wayne

taglientep

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess some here would prefer to continue to see Ruvell Martin shine just so we can have an extra 4th round pick next season :rolleyes:

i too wonder why the Colts would want to give away Wayne because he is one of Mannings best targets. But with this being the final year of his contract, and manning probably missing this season, why not make a trade for whatever pick you can get, and let Wayne know in the offseason that once he becomes a FA, they will make him an offer to come back? This season is over for them, they might as well start looking at next season, which is why I don't understand why Manning hasn't been put on IR already to get some cap relief.

Edited by apuszczalowski

Why would the colts give up Wayne though? That is Mannings ace

honestly, I dont think they would...but as to why they MIGHT or why there is at least speculation is b/c its Waynes last year in his contract, colts cant afford to pay him after this year, they are sucking mightily this year and having Wayne doesnt really help their AWFUL football team....so why not get something for him?

But again, I doubtttttt this happens

I guess some here would prefer to continue to see Ruvell Martin shine just so we can have an extra 4th round pick next season :rolleyes:

i too wonder why the Colts would want to give away Wayne because he is one of Mannings best targets. But with this being the final year of his contract, and manning probably missing this season, why not make a trade for whatever pick you can get, and let Wayne know in the offseason that once he becomes a FA, they will make him an offer to come back? This season is over for them, they might as well start looking at next season, which is why I don't understand why Manning hasn't been put on IR already to get some cap relief.

Your post makes too much sense! I couldn't agree more with regard to him being better than Martin or even Donald Jones when healthy.

We love to run the spread, putting Stevie with Wayne, Jones and Nelson would be a hell of a receiving core.

The Colts would be smart to get a pick for him this year knowing they aren't a playoff team and resigning once they know Manning is healthy.

Parrish is gone...too injury prone! Easley and that heart condition, thats scary for him! He may not play again. Lloyd or wayne are upgrades over those 2.

People did seem to be complaining before Jones got hurt.. I think everyone was fine with Johnson, Jones, Nelson, Roosevelt and Martin. I dont think we should make trades when Jones is only going to be out for 4-6.

honestly, I dont think they would...but as to why they MIGHT or why there is at least speculation is b/c its Waynes last year in his contract, colts cant afford to pay him after this year, they are sucking mightily this year and having Wayne doesnt really help their AWFUL football team....so why not get something for him?

But again, I doubtttttt this happens

Wouldn't we have the same problem too (with the contracts)...We have to take care of Johnson, Jackson, Fitz, Bell this year and then Levitre, Wood, McKelvin, next year. I don't think the Bills will be able to pay him too which means you are renting him for one season for a 4th round pick...That is a tough decision for the Bills.

I would rather have gone after trading for Mason (WR) or Aaron Curry (LB).

If the Colts do trade Wayne to anyone, they are simply punting the season and going hard for the heir to Manning (in Mr. Luck).

Let them. They will be basically pissing away the final years of Peyton Manning's career for the chance at a guy who will probably be great, but is still no stone cold lock to be a HOFer.

The Karma Gods will come back around for not tanking Cam Newton's career.

No that's not a link. This isn't a real report. You either misheard something on espn, or enjoy lying.

For future reference, if someone says a player is a good fit, thats not a report that we're interested. It's not even a rumor.

You can go back under your rock now.

I don't buy it yet but I can see why the Colts might be open to doing it.

Regardless if it's Luck or Manning back there, it's evident they have to overhaul that old team from top to bottom to stay competitive. Even with a healthy Manning, the sun is setting on the Colts fast with the combination of injuries, age, and busted draft picks.

They will need lots of new draft picks to do it. IF you can parlay your aging wide receiver into a big, talented linebacker in next year's draft, it's enticing.

I can't imagine anyone on the Colts medical staff will be clearing Manning ever.