Season ticket holder with serious issues...

mikeyarch

... Not trying to sound like a jerk, but I just received (after week 5?!) my "2011 Season Ticket Benefits" package from the Bills. It contains the usual fridge magnet, window sticker, lapel pins, and media guide on CD. There was one item that I had never seen in this package before, and that was a little 16" x 32" rally flag". Great idea, I thought, and was even more jazzed when the lit contained in the kit suggested taking photos of this flag at historic or famous places throughout the world and then posting them on the Bills Facebook page. Hell, I got a meeting across the street from the Freedom Tower and WTC Memorial

next week. Perfect, right? Imagine my horror when I took the rally flag out of it's wrapper and immediately see the giant "Wincraft Sports - Made in China - 100% Polyester" tag. I mean, honestly, polyester? What is this world coming to? Seriously, shame on the Bills and whoever makes these decisions for the team. They have my permission to charge me an extra dollar for my ticket package next year as long as they buy my rally flag from a company in or near Buffalo.

My serious issue is that I honestly do not know how the flag is supposed to be flown. There are two "clips" at each end. Are you supposed to push a stick in some manner through the clips?

I thought the exact same thing when i got my package today

... Not trying to sound like a jerk, but I just received (after week 5?!) my "2011 Season Ticket Benefits" package from the Bills. It contains the usual fridge magnet, window sticker, lapel pins, and media guide on CD. There was one item that I had never seen in this package before, and that was a little 16" x 32" rally flag". Great idea, I thought, and was even more jazzed when the lit contained in the kit suggested taking photos of this flag at historic or famous places throughout the world and then posting them on the Bills Facebook page. Hell, I got a meeting across the street from the Freedom Tower and WTC Memorial

next week. Perfect, right? Imagine my horror when I took the rally flag out of it's wrapper and immediately see the giant "Wincraft Sports - Made in China - 100% Polyester" tag. I mean, honestly, polyester? What is this world coming to? Seriously, shame on the Bills and whoever makes these decisions for the team. They have my permission to charge me an extra dollar for my ticket package next year as long as they buy my rally flag from a company in or near Buffalo.

Hell i'd pay 2 bucks to keep it made in America !!!! :wallbash: Leave it to our Gov't to ship jobs over seas !!!

That isn't what bothered me. If anything, I was more annoyed by the fact that I received that package on October 11th. Talking about waiting until the last minute...3 home games are already done and we won't be able to bring the flag to those games. Nice job, One Bills Drive! And like others asked....how the hell am I supposed to fly it? Wheres the pole? Or even a stick....

I was surprised to get my pack today as well. Funny how it is dated August. I really thought the flag was cool, regardless how I have no idea how you properly fly the thing or that it its from China. I guess the old adage goes Ralph is cheap?

And fans are perfect match - they do not want to buy authentic jerseys so they buy cheap, Chinese ones. Surprised the NFL has not cracked down on this trademark violation.

DO NOT REMOVE THIS TAG UNDER PENALTY OF LAW

And fans are perfect match - they do not want to buy authentic jerseys so they buy cheap, Chinese ones. Surprised the NFL has not cracked down on this trademark violation.

I was being sarcastic concerning Ralph being cheap. I have plenty of DH Gate jerseys, so Ralph and I are one of the same.

Great Post! I agree 100%. I'm not in Buffalo so I can't get season tickets but if I were I'd be upset as well. I think you should contact someone in charge of this and really bring it up. If anything have the Bills brag about how they are keeping local economy going and not some place in China..... Once again, one of the better posts and should be brought up!

Count your blessings, there are starving kids in India who don't have season tickets at all... :)

who were probably kidnapped and taken to China to make those flags you ungreatful son of a.....!

On a serious note, I completely agree with the OP! Reinvest in the community that loves and supports you, WTF, SMH!

Edited by Armchair GM

If anything have the Bills brag about how they are keeping local economy going and not some place in China..... Once again, one of the better posts and should be brought up!

They did cut Wang, so not everything is outsourced to China

Edited by Guffalo

They did cut Wang, so not everything is outsourced to China

:)

4-1 is all I care about. That flag is hanging in my studio/office next to my Sabres flag and Jasper jersey.

PTR

Congratulations.

One of the few posters/season ticket holders who was able to outsmart the rubik's cube flag.

Hell i'd pay 2 bucks to keep it made in America !!!! :wallbash:Leave it to our Gov't to ship jobs over seas !!!

<_<

Yea, cause it's obvious that this was a government-mandated initiative. :doh: Probably a rider to the stimulus package or part of some other democrat-led omnibus bill. Biden probably personally signed the production and requirements contract with Jintao and Clinton was appointed to oversee processing of the requisitions.

:blink:

I hope everyone who is crying about "Buy American" doesn't work for a company that exports anything, its kind of hypocritical to say you should only buy stuff you make while expecting the rest of the world to buy your stuff too.

I bet the Bills were going to "buy american", and thats what caused the delay in shipping. The American company manufacturing the flags probably had to wait for the government to lower their tax rate so they could hire an extra employee who can complete the application form for a stimulus check, and when the application was processed 4-6 weeks later, the union representing the workers decided to strike because manufacturing those flags would increase their work load, and some of the employees were offended to make these flags cause they are not Bills fans So after a few weeks of negotiations they settled on higher wages which led the owners of the company to file for bankruptcy when they found out they had invested in a ponzi scheme and it caused the Bills to scramble and they found a deal at DHgate for flags after talking to some fans about where they purchased their jerseys from

I hope everyone who is crying about "Buy American" doesn't work for a company that exports anything, its kind of hypocritical to say you should only buy stuff you make while expecting the rest of the world to buy your stuff too.

I bet the Bills were going to "buy american", and thats what caused the delay in shipping. The American company manufacturing the flags probably had to wait for the government to lower their tax rate so they could hire an extra employee who can complete the application form for a stimulus check, and when the application was processed 4-6 weeks later, the union representing the workers decided to strike because manufacturing those flags would increase their work load, and some of the employees were offended to make these flags cause they are not Bills fans So after a few weeks of negotiations they settled on higher wages which led the owners of the company to file for bankruptcy when they found out they had invested in a ponzi scheme and it caused the Bills to scramble and they found a deal at DHgate for flags after talking to some fans about where they purchased their jerseys from

but dey took er jobs!

Really?!? This is your gripe? What is the country of origin of the other items? Check the label on your underwear - see where that is made.

people in other countries need to eat also. we import their low end stuff, we can make higher end and export it: stuff like new era caps, scientific devices, drugs, steel (Gibralter!) etc.

Well honestly you might be nitpicking a bit there...relatively speaking, China is much closer to Buffalo than say...Neptune.