From where will YOU be watching the game?

Whites Bay

I know. I know. "At the Stadium, You Mouthbreathing Idiot". For those of us who WON'T be at the game, where will you be?

I'm going to be in a hotel room in Calgary, watching it on NFL Gamepass. Wearing my Bills T-shirt, and wearing it proudly.

A million years ago, I remember being in a van with family and friends on the way to the 1990 AFC Championship, listening to the pre-game on the radio. I'd slogged my way to every home game that season, and I lived in New Jersey at the time. That's a lot of slogging! As the snow whirled around the van, it suddenly hit me - and I had to share it with the rest of the family - "You know, if we win this, we're going to the Super Bowl". I accept that this sounds stupid, but as a lifelong fan of this franchise, you keep a game-at-a-time mentality. It had only just occurred to me that there was...you know...hope.

This feels the same.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such a reverential post that you didn't mention what you were listening to.

For the first time this season I'm not working on Sunday and will be comfortably ensconced in my home in San Jose.

NFL Sunday Ticket, 42" flat panel TV and hi-def signal.

Football at 10 am… not sure what's on the menu yet. Gotta start cracking on that.

Does Calgary have a ballet also?

I'll be DVDR'ing it this Sunday... AAARRGGHHH Family comes first, and I didn't even bother to tell the warden how imprtant this game was to me.. :)

It'll be a trick to NOT listen to the radio, or others on their cell phones shouting out the game score.. Gawd I hate that!!!

I do have 4 tickets section 113 for the Eagles game though.. :) Looking forward to that test!

Tim-

Edited by D521646

Such a reverential post that you didn't mention what you were listening to.

For the first time this season I'm not working on Sunday and will be comfortably ensconced in my home in San Jose.

NFL Sunday Ticket, 42" flat panel TV and hi-def signal.

Football at 10 am… not sure what's on the menu yet. Gotta start cracking on that.

Does Calgary have a ballet also?

Fair enough, SJBF. "All Along The Watchtower" - Dave Mason. You got me on that one.

I'm sure there's a ballet there. It's Canada, it's a boomtown (from the tar sands), so there's a lot of money kicking around.

I'm not moving from in front of the computer for three hours, so I don't give a damn about the ballet. If they lose, which is the greater probability, I'm just going to be morose. If they win, I'm going to find that ballet, and you'll find me on the 11:00 news.

Fair enough, SJBF. "All Along The Watchtower" - Dave Mason. You got me on that one.

I'm sure there's a ballet there. It's Canada, it's a boomtown (from the tar sands), so there's a lot of money kicking around.

I'm not moving from in front of the computer for three hours, so I don't give a damn about the ballet. If they lose, which is the greater probability, I'm just going to be morose. If they win, I'm going to find that ballet, and you'll find me on the 11:00 news.

Enjoy the game, WB… but you're gonna stream video?

Seems like a search for a sports bar might be a better, albeit more expensive option.

Regardless, Go Bills!

watching from my home in mulberry, fl, via a ps3 on a 55" flat TV.

going to order pizza, wings and beef on weck from honey's in tampa (just like the honey's in niagara falls - in fact the orginal owner is here running this one - his son still does the one in niagara falls).

Enjoy the game, WB… but you're gonna stream video?

Seems like a search for a sports bar might be a better, albeit more expensive option.

Regardless, Go Bills!

And the same to you and yours as well. Trying out a sports bar 15 minutes before the game presents me the risk of failure. If they're NOT displaying the game, I'm screwed. Can't get back to the hotel in time. And...who knows...I might end up sitting next to some Pats* fan, and who the hell needs that crap?

Besides, I'm going to expense it. Bastards. If I'm going to have to burn time on the weekends for the salt mine, they're going to pay for my penance.

"Look at Granny Run" - Ry Cooder

At the Red Star Sports Bar and Restaurant in the Greenpoint section of Brooklyn. There has been a large and vocal Bills contingent there since they opened a few years back.

When Bills fans sang the shout song, LOUDLY, after each score in the 2nd half I think we even converted a few new fans.

I know. I know. "At the Stadium, You Mouthbreathing Idiot". For those of us who WON'T be at the game, where will you be?

I'm going to be in a hotel room in Calgary, watching it on NFL Gamepass. Wearing my Bills T-shirt, and wearing it proudly.

A million years ago, I remember being in a van with family and friends on the way to the 1990 AFC Championship, listening to the pre-game on the radio. I'd slogged my way to every home game that season, and I lived in New Jersey at the time. That's a lot of slogging! As the snow whirled around the van, it suddenly hit me - and I had to share it with the rest of the family - "You know, if we win this, we're going to the Super Bowl". I accept that this sounds stupid, but as a lifelong fan of this franchise, you keep a game-at-a-time mentality. It had only just occurred to me that there was...you know...hope.

This feels the same.

Well, I will be at the game and it is a special one - every year for years now me (NC) and my brother (FL) pick a game close to the beginning of Oct and fly in and take my Dad for his birthday. We also started taking our sons about five years ago. A Bills win always makes a good birthday present.

My son will come over and we will grill some steaks and watch the game. He's 21 years old, and that has been the tradition his entire life. Even though he goes to college and no longer lives at home with us, he still comes home for the games. We live in the Utica area so we get the games on cable from the Syracuse CBS channel. If the game is blacked out we get the Jets on CBS, but when that happens we will usually watch the NFC game on Fox.

Edited by Gray Beard

Well I will be only listening on the radio because WSEE in Erie has decided that more fans would like too watch the Cleveland Clowns beat the Phins than watch 2 undefeated teams play for 1st place in the AFC east. I emailed them this morning and this was the answer I got from the General Manager of the station. I am very pissed about it. But I guess as of right now there is not a thing I can do about it. Maybe I will go up too my brothers in Clymer and watch the game. Funny thing is he is a Clown fan. maybe we should just change homes for Sunday.

Go Bills

At my house in San Diego, serving up buffalo wings, gameday nachos, and jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon. I get up at 7am finish up my studying and prep the food. My friends start arriving around 9:30 or so and then it is an all day party. Bills game is the only one allowed on while they are playing but after that we usually flip between the Chargers and whatever other fans are over.

so I am here in advance to apologize for violating the M.U.T.(??? been a while since that reference has been used...did i spell it right)...so I need a bunch of people to step up to cover this egregious act.

a buddy is flying into philly around 1 and I have to meet him in center city and find a place there to watch the game instead of in the confines of the flying pig in malvern.

i need each and everyone's help...i do not want to be responsible for a bad outcome, but i know i am tempting fate here....

so I am here in advance to apologize for violating the M.U.T.(??? been a while since that reference has been used...did i spell it right)...so I need a bunch of people to step up to cover this egregious act.

a buddy is flying into philly around 1 and I have to meet him in center city and find a place there to watch the game instead of in the confines of the flying pig in malvern.

i need each and everyone's help...i do not want to be responsible for a bad outcome, but i know i am tempting fate here....

It seems to me something involving pig's blood is the order of the day -and lots of it

at the ballpark? i was thinking the fieldhouse by reading terminal....its big, has the sunday ticket and plenty of tv's...i'll have to look into mcfaddens

Mcfaddens! Best place to go for a Bills game in Philly!

save me 2 seats...

Going to McFaddens this Sunday with some good friends. It is run by a girl who is a producer for NFL Films. Haven't been yet, but I hear about 80 or so Bills fans are in attendance. It is on North 3rd, which is right next to my neighborhood in Northern Liberties.

nfl films is based in cherry hill or somewhere close by...correct?

at the ballpark? i was thinking the fieldhouse by reading terminal....its big, has the sunday ticket and plenty of tv's...i'll have to look into mcfaddens

save me 2 seats...

looks like an easy trip from market east...take mfl line to spring garden....sweet...then can hit up some of the no. libs spots....

save me 2 seats...

nfl films is based in cherry hill or somewhere close by...correct?

i am really excited now...i was really feeling distressed about watching it somewhere other than my friendly confines at the pig....i had no idea there was a bills spot to watch it....hopefully i can be there by 1.30-ish, depending on when his plane gets in...

Mt. Laurel. I hear they are going to be handing out McFadden's Bills Backers t-shirts as well. Check out their Facebook page Pooj: My link

Well I will be only listening on the radio because WSEE in Erie has decided that more fans would like too watch the Cleveland Clowns beat the Phins than watch 2 undefeated teams play for 1st place in the AFC east. I emailed them this morning and this was the answer I got from the General Manager of the station. I am very pissed about it. But I guess as of right now there is not a thing I can do about it. Maybe I will go up too my brothers in Clymer and watch the game. Funny thing is he is a Clown fan. maybe we should just change homes for Sunday.

Go Bills

There are all kinds of options in Erie. Every sports bar in town will have it on. Do you belong to any private clubs? Most of those have the NFL Ticket too.

I will be at home watching on my awesome 4 Tv set up

And stream one game on the lap top

I have the Sunday ticket package and the Sunday ticket to go.

So I put 5 games on at once. My gut feeling tells me we are going

To win this game easy. The Pats have to many injuries at the wrong positions

We have the better defense and special teams.

Offense is even. But playing at home and the crowd

Will make all the difference. Brady will not have enough time to

Throw with 2 of his offensive linemen out.

I think we should be favorite or a pickem

Game with all the injuries to the pats

The times are a changing and Bills Nation is about to rise up

And fight again.

Man I love this team

i am really excited now...i was really feeling distressed about watching it somewhere other than my friendly confines at the pig....i had no idea there was a bills spot to watch it....hopefully i can be there by 1.30-ish, depending on when his plane gets in...

Its actually really easy to get to from the airport. Taking 95 north, it would take you no less than 15 minutes. However, because the Eagles are playing at home, you should plan accordingly regardless.