Easley to IR

Casey D

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please. This topic was beaten to death on TSW back then; 4 weeks was a very optimistic expectation, 10-11 weeks much more likely, and thus IR made sense. Brandon and Jauron did not need to be prescient to make the necessary choices, and as it happens, they were right.

... especially considering that after having the more common procedure and rehabbing for a full year, he was still unable to play. So yeah, he would have been ready in 4 weeks.

Have joked myself about it, but it looks serious now...was pointing to his chest in the last practice. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Not me...I hope he has a long painful agonizing illness. Oh wait, I take that back...I'm confused. I thought this was another thread on Sully...sorry! :-)

That is NOT funny... my soon-to-be father in law has lupus, and probably my fiancee- she goes in for testing next week because of chronic liver damage test.

Name something and I can guarantee you someone somewhere is negatively affected by it. It may not be funny to you, but it is a long running joke on the TV show House.

I got both conditions from campy from eating improperly cooked chicken wings. Within a week, I was paralyzed nearly head to toe, with my joints on fire, especially the hips and ridiculously close to being on a ventilator as the inflammation started taking hold of my lungs.

Barely survived it ten years ago. Spent six months learning to walk again and eating with a fork. Spent five years regaining everything.

So yeah, it's possible.

I get your point, nothing is ever straightforward in medicine. You never say never. And it's truly horrible you had to go through that. But, there's still a spectrum in GBS (that roughly follows a Gaussian curve). It can easy kill, but sometimes patients' courses are so mild they never even see a doctor. As for reactive arthritis, I stand by my comments. I treat about 3 cases a week. They get wheeled into my office in a wheelchair, then are doing jumping jacks after 3 days 60 mg of prednisone once per day. And, then again, most probably get by with their PMD giving them 800 mg of Motrin.

That is NOT funny... my soon-to-be father in law has lupus, and probably my fiancee- she goes in for testing next week because of chronic liver damage test.

It certainly could be lupus. It's more prevalent than we tend to believe, especially in the AA population. Again, like most diseases, there is a spectrum of severity. Although not seen in all lupus patients, there are lupus-related conditions that could land him on the IR, like a pulmonary embolism, an acute pericardial effusion (fluid in sac around heart), end-stage renal disease, or lupus cerebritis (inflammation in brain).

Some of you people are complete "CLASSLESS IDIOTS". To make light of this situation without having ANY information about this HUMAN BEING shows how ignorant you really are. Maybe he has an STD, maybe he has a very serious medical condition, we don't know. To joke about it with no regard for the person just disgusts me. Makes me feel less intelligent just writing this message to such Morons. Blast away you gutless fools. The rest of us might actually feel bad for the kid.

??

I don't where this is coming from, but the Bills -by choice- have not released the reason behind shelving a very promising player. Just what do you feel is appropriate response by tens of thousands of the teams' fans at this shocking, yet unexplained event, Mr. Intelligent? Nevermind, I'm sure it's over my head anyway..dry.gif

Personally, I was hoping he'd find his way into the starting line up this season.

So there's still time to back out?

(sorry, somebody had to say it -- best of luck to your bride-to-be)

Ok i'm pretty sure the wing story is not plausible now, you wouldn't IR the kid for being bloated or having food poisoning.

Let's hope it's not a heart condition or anything like that.

The wing story cannot be valid. You cannot IR someone for minor illnesses, the league will not allow it.

The wing story makes no sense when you look at Easley's physique. You do not get like that by eating hundreds of wings.

??

I don't where this is coming from, but the Bills -by choice- have not released the reason behind shelving a very promising player. Just what do you feel is appropriate response by tens of thousands of the teams' fans at this shocking, yet unexplained event, Mr. Intelligent? Nevermind, I'm sure it's over my head anyway..dry.gif

Personally, I was hoping he'd find his way into the starting line up this season.

You're right. It's human nature to be curious and to even gossip. It's the foundation of Internet forums. When the time is right, and it will be at some point, I hope the organization or Easley himself gives the fans an explanation. Contrary to popular belief, although gossiping may be catty, it can be done tastefully.

Whole lot of diagnosin' going on here based on virtually nothing. Anybody type "chicken wings AND chest pain" into WebMD yet?

Since when is anything you read on a message forum based on anything but speculation?

Edited by kas23

I get your point, nothing is ever straightforward in medicine. You never say never. And it's truly horrible you had to go through that. But, there's still a spectrum in GBS (that roughly follows a Gaussian curve). It can easy kill, but sometimes patients' courses are so mild they never even see a doctor. As for reactive arthritis, I stand by my comments. I treat about 3 cases a week. They get wheeled into my office in a wheelchair, then are doing jumping jacks after 3 days 60 mg of prednisone once per day. And, then again, most probably get by with their PMD giving them 800 mg of Motrin.

Only 60mg? I needed steroids, IVIG and the rejection drugs that would kill an elephant to take out both. I'd get infusions of everything for hours on end.

For whatever reason, both just sorta burnt out two years ago. I got progressively better after the initial ass kicking with relapses here and there, but saw a dramatic improvement at almost ten years removed. I was amazed (to say the least) that food poisoning not only took my ability to walk away, but nearly killed me.

Bad chicken usually is from campylobacter, and is usually associated with GBS, and I put the two and two together.