Gailey expects to win and expects to make the playoffs

TheBlackMamba

Paul Hamilton

Orchard Park, NY (WGR 550) -- As the Bills get ready for Sunday in Kansas City there's no shortage of confidence with Chan Gailey. The head coach was asked if he expected to challenge for the division and make the playoffs he said, "I expect it. I think our players expect it. If you don't expect it, something's wrong with you. If you say I want to be a little better than last year, you ought to get out, that's wrong. I expect to win every one of them, I expect to be undefeated, that's the way I've always been and that's the way I'll always be."

Before Gailey was the head coach of the Bills, he was the offensive coordinator of the Chiefs. Before being let go, he had his play calling duties taken away. Gailey said yes, there are hard feelings, "I want to win them all. When you've been somewhere and they've fired yah, if you said it didn't mean a little bit more you'd be lying."

Check back soon for more from Gailey

My link

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one am glad to hear it. "A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Browning. If you haven't got a stretch goal you certainly aren't going to achieve much. Chan, I'd be happy with nine wins, but you get more than that and get into the playoffs, I'll pull your freakin bandwagon for you.

And you can start by whupping up on Kansas City. That's also the team that kept us out of the first superbowl.

Whether or not you think Gailey is smoking a sh@t load of crack for saying he expects to win and expects to make the playoffs, I'd rather have that kind of coach compared to Skeletor, who wanted to be the players BFF and hoped to win. "It's hard to win in the NFL", Dickie J should have been fired on the spot for that comment.

What else do people expect Gailey to say. "We're exceedingly mediocre and there's no point in playing the season"? C'mon of course he's going to say he expects the team to win.

Ha, Schopp correctly predicted this straw-man argument was coming. It is possible to avoid saying that and also not say he expects 16-0.

Paul Hamilton

Orchard Park, NY (WGR 550) -- As the Bills get ready for Sunday in Kansas City there's no shortage of confidence with Chan Gailey. The head coach was asked if he expected to challenge for the division and make the playoffs he said, "I expect it. I think our players expect it. If you don't expect it, something's wrong with you. If you say I want to be a little better than last year, you ought to get out, that's wrong. I expect to win every one of them, I expect to be undefeated, that's the way I've always been and that's the way I'll always be."

Before Gailey was the head coach of the Bills, he was the offensive coordinator of the Chiefs. Before being let go, he had his play calling duties taken away. Gailey said yes, there are hard feelings, "I want to win them all. When you've been somewhere and they've fired yah, if you said it didn't mean a little bit more you'd be lying."

Check back soon for more from Gailey

My link

He said the same thing last year. Strangely, it was news then also...

The fact that Dope and the Lapdog think he's being rediculous tells me it's a good thing. I was on my way home listening to these @ssclowns talk about it. It's no different than anything Rex Ryan would say and the entire world loves his FAT @SS!

WGR needs to either just not talk about about the Bills or at least not be so damn negetive. I know the last 10+ years have been horrible but cmon man, if you can't be excited for opening football Sunday and your already calling for 4-12 and Andrew Luck you shouldn't even bother following this team.

I love th confidence of Chan even if it was BS and he's just saying it to keep people excited I'd rather have that than anyone since we've had Marv.

GO BILLS!!!

Whether or not you think Gailey is smoking a sh@t load of crack for saying he expects to win and expects to make the playoffs, I'd rather have that kind of coach compared to Skeletor, who wanted to be the players BFF and hoped to win. "It's hard to win in the NFL", Dickie J should have been fired on the spot for that comment.

Exactly. Attitude is not everything but it is important. And it starts with the HC. Everybody knows how hard it is to win in the NFL. The HC needn't remind everyone.

I would be shocked if Gailey did not make that statement.

What he actually thinks probably only he (and maybe Buddy) knows.

I have to say he does a pretty good job on the "lead the charge" commercials we were bombarded with this preseason though.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Francessa is a good voice if you want to listen to someone running his mouth.

Yes, that too. I can't listen to nonstop baseball talk between Feb-Aug but his football analysis is pretty sound imo.

Sports radio I guess is like pizza toppings - nobody ever agrees on who is passable. I like how Schopp calls out these stupid cliches and group-think coaches. People here like Howard Simon and I just don't get it. He went on the air a couple years ago after a GB-Min MNF game and said "ya know i changed my mind, our qb sucks, Rodgers proved you can make plays without great protection". I mean really Howard - you're just figuring this out - was that the first non-Bills nfl game you've ever watched?

WGR has been hating on the bills ever since 97 rock got teh Bills games. lets not pretend their management looks at this as anyhting but pushing fans more towards the sabres, and less towards their moneymaker. just don't listen to them so they go out of business already and we get ESPN toronto to move in or something like that.

As much as he would try, Schlep can never compete with "Coach" Dickerson for being a loudmouth asswipe buffoon. He comes close, though.

WGR is really ripping him.

Schopp is saying he needs to get a brain in his head.

I have it on strong authority that before he spoke to the press, Gailey had a closed-door meeting with Overdorf during which he was told to predict an undefeated season. He was then told to end his comments with, "and we need YOU to help lead the charge."

He doesn't expect to make the playoffs, that's just coach speak B.S. And if he really DOES mean it, then we're really

in trouble because dude isn't too bright.

Stop bs'ing us Chan, and just call a smart game: please.

Praise the baby jesus he's not saying "it's hard to win in the NFL."

Wait till week 8 :blink:

I have it on strong authority that before he spoke to the press, Gailey had a closed-door meeting with Overdorf during which he was told to predict an undefeated season. He was then told to end his comments with, "and we need YOU to help lead the charge."

Was Russ Brandon In this meeting as well?? :rolleyes:

He doesn't expect to make the playoffs, that's just coach speak B.S. And if he really DOES mean it, then we're really

in trouble because dude isn't too bright.

Stop bs'ing us Chan, and just call a smart game: please.

I'm confused, do you want them to go into the first Pats game thinking "We're !@#$ed?"

The best thing to do is not to listen, and tell the Program Director why you no longer listen.

Actually, if you want change at WGR calling their program director will just reinforce that you're listening.

If you want to make a difference, start calling the companies that advertise on WGR and tell them you won't buy their products or services because of WGR. I promise that if a few thousand people do that, WGR will change their message dramatically.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

I turned schopp and bulldog off about midway through training camp. I haven't missed a beat. Those two are uninterested in covering the Bills/NFL. I get the feeling that they are spiteful towards the extent to which they have to cover the Bills this time of year. They have an obvious bias towards hockey.