Gailey expects to win and expects to make the playoffs

TheBlackMamba

I'm confused, do you want them to go into the first Pats game thinking "We're !@#$ed?"

I don't care what they're thinking, just don't insult my intelligence by saying you expect to make the playoffs.

It's just garbage a coach says.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, if you want change at WGR calling their program director will just reinforce that you're listening.

If you want to make a difference, start calling the companies that advertise on WGR and tell them you won't buy their products or services because of WGR. I promise that if a few thousand people do that, WGR will change their message dramatically.

Vincent's Heating and Cooling can !@#$ OFF.

I don't care what they're thinking, just don't insult my intelligence by saying you expect to make the playoffs.

It's just garbage a coach says.

Then why take it so seriously? He's not insulting your intelligence if that's how he actually feels, which he probably does.

Edited by opfball91

I have it on strong authority that before he spoke to the press, Gailey had a closed-door meeting with Overdorf during which he was told to predict an undefeated season. He was then told to end his comments with, "and we need YOU to help lead the charge."

THAT is hilarious.

"I expect it. I think our players expect it. If you don’t expect it, something’s wrong with you. If you say, “Well I hope we’re a little bit better than last year,” you ought to get out. That’s wrong. I expect to win every one of them. I expect to be undefeated."

(link)

That just about says it all, I think.

The fact that Dope and the Lapdog think he's being rediculous tells me it's a good thing. I was on my way home listening to these @ssclowns talk about it. It's no different than anything Rex Ryan would say and the entire world loves his FAT @SS!

WGR needs to either just not talk about about the Bills or at least not be so damn negetive. I know the last 10+ years have been horrible but cmon man, if you can't be excited for opening football Sunday and your already calling for 4-12 and Andrew Luck you shouldn't even bother following this team.

I love th confidence of Chan even if it was BS and he's just saying it to keep people excited I'd rather have that than anyone since we've had Marv.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree, finally some postive comment about this. Chan expects to win, whats wrong with that? I also like how he said he thinks the world of Fitz's ccharacter. We have a coach that practices what he preaches on and off the field. Unfortunately, people dont realize the value in that.

Praise the baby jesus he's not saying "it's hard to win in the NFL."

Yes, they ripped Jauron for that two..apparently they would like the coach to say "We expect to win a few more games than last year, but also get blown out a few times and miss the playoffs again..."

I mean, the way he phrased it could have been better, but the message is what you want to hear.

Actually, if you want change at WGR calling their program director will just reinforce that you're listening.

If you want to make a difference, start calling the companies that advertise on WGR and tell them you won't buy their products or services because of WGR. I promise that if a few thousand people do that, WGR will change their message dramatically.

That's obviously untrue---look at the flaming these guys are taking just here at TSW. Obviously, no one wants to stop listening.

Why on Earth would WGR change anything, given the response??

Got to love it.

and why not?

DIVISION WINNERS:

Patriots - already considered them a lock- minus a Brady injury

Pittsburgh - should be there again thank you to Browns and Bengals for smelling again

Houston - if manning is out as expected it's Houston's to win

San Diego - class of a terribly weak division

the rest of the field?

WILD CARDS:

Jets- where did they improve the team ? Edwards out Plax in that's about equal...a lot of close games last year A LOT

beat Broncos 24-20 late, Baltimore 10-9, Lions in overtime 23-20, Browns in overtime 26-20, Houston 30-27....maybe they can do it again - odds are they can't.

Baltimore- a much tougher schedule, this is not a 12 win team again closer to 10. Last year 8 games against teams that won 5 or less (yes including the bills) 8 games that is half the schedule- not this year.

REST OF THE FIELD:

Dolphins- as big a mess as anyone no where near the playoffs

Cleveland- I like what they are building but not playoffs this year

Cincy- rookie qb - no where near playoffs

Jacksonville- probably not thinking playoffs, dumping Garrard

Tennessee- rebuild process underway - could be in the picture

Kansas City- that schedule alone will prevent playoffs

Denver- probably not in the playoff picture

Raiders- their defense is worse than ours

Colts- if manning is out, second procedure likely - they are done

Buffalo - ya why not !!

Edited by CardinalScotts

"I don't want to be a little bit better. I want to be tons better. I'm talkin' about 30 spots better. I'm talking about a lot better. That's what I expect. That's what I want."

- Bills DL Kyle Williams on this year's run defense.

What??? that's way to bold for Bills fans, he can't say that. That's almost as crazy as saying that you would like to go undefeated for the year. Why would any athlete want to be better or even perfect. Uh actually, wait a minute... that's how real competitor's are supposed to feel. My bad...

Schopp, Bulldog and Jerry Sullivan are miserable goofs who have a God complex. Just because they have a platform to speak and can dump any caller who disagrees with them doesn't mean they no ****

about football. Don't give up before the miracle is about to happen.... GO BILLS!!!

Praise the baby jesus he's not saying "it's hard to win in the NFL."

Well it's clear SCHLEP and BULL must be busy planning their lists for the fall .... thank goodness for Sirius/XM and ESPN radio or now that I have discovered Rochester actually has an excellent afternoon sports program I do not have to listen to the BS guys when I am here in NJ.

Frankly to suggest that the entire NFL would laugh at a coach who expects his team to find a way to win each week is to suggest that the NFL expects their coaches to concede games and/or the season before it starts. I want my team's head coach to challenge and inspire his team each week by being the number one believer in their ability to win every single game!

As a fan and someone who has experienced the reality that on any given Sunday any team can defeat another I am going into each week expecting that these new Buffalo Bills, if they play to potential, can win any Sunday! Anyone criticizing Gailey for stating that HIS BILLS can win every game (such as the two GR idiots) frankly must be dwelling in a cesspool of negativism and again I wonder about their claim to be "fans" of this team.

Now, I am not drinking the Kool-Aid and would be thrilled with an 8-8 season but if Gailey said he expects to lose half the games and that the Bills have no chance against the Patriots or Eagles then what kind of leader would he be?

Frankly I think the Bills and Eagles game will be a toss up since the Eagles front 7 and offensive line are pedestrian at best. If we stay healthy then there will be surprises along the way as the team continues to be pulled out of the decade of failure into a much better future led by two guys who are all about having a winning football attitude and a consistency on the field.

Can't wait for YEAR TWO of the NIX and GAILEY are to get started!

Go Bills and start this undefeated season by stuffing the Chiefs this Sunday!

I used to hate Schopp and then I thought he's been pretty fair the last few years - criticizing Sabres and giving Bills praise the rare times it was due.........But, I'm very quickly going back to hating him.

Last week, he tweeted and I'm sure talked about the fact that the Bills announced the opener was soldout, which he apparently doesn't believe - because there were 500 sets of tickets on ebay......Dude, there are also tons of tickets for the Super Bowl, the Masters, and whatever else on ebay - doesn't mean they aren't sold out.

Now, today with this garbage - he's still tweeting. I listened for about 3 minutes today and had to just turn it to the Yankee game.

I don't think he's stupid. He's Mensa Mike, after all.......But, maybe he is - he's either very stupid or a liar if he claims that tickets on ebay means a game isn't sold out, and that Chan is an idiot for saying they plan to win every game.

If anyone thinks Gailey is stupid and bashing him for making this statement, they need to re-evaluate themselves first. Right now everyone is 0-0 and I sure hope that our coach is saying that he expects to win the Super Bowl this year. You play to win the game!