NFLN reports Vick signs 6 year $100M extension

Beerball

This thread is gonna get ugly. So with this year his deal is like 7 years 116 mil with 56 mil guaranteed?

I don't know why it would get ugly. I think it's a bad move by Philly because I don't see Vick being effective an entire season. Last year he tailed off at the end of the season and he's been battered in this preseason. I could be wrong, but I give him 6 starts this year.

100 million before jail, 100 million after.

one of the best athletes to ever play the game of football.

incredible talent.

scary to think what we would be anticipating this season if he was our qb.

a conference championship date against the pats?

a trip to the super bowl?

who knows.

instead, lets preach morality for dogs and hope he blows out a knee, and be thankful goodell told him not to sign here...

Good. I'm happy for him. He served his time and has rebuilt his life. It's WAY too much for Philly to pay any one single player in my opinion, but he earned a raise and I'm glad for him. Philly is wrong here, not Vick. Now, we'll see what all that money does to his head this time. If he reverts back to the "gutter" Vick that he used to be, then the system is flawed. If not, then it worked. Until then, I wish him the best.

Good. I'm happy for him. He served his time and has rebuilt his life. It's WAY too much for Philly to pay any one single player in my opinion, but he earned a raise and I'm glad for him. Philly is wrong here, not Vick. Now, we'll see what all that money does to his head this time. If he reverts back to the "gutter" Vick that he used to be, then the system is flawed. If not, then it worked. Until then, I wish him the best.

Well said. Can't shat on the man, just the system until we see whether or not he is worth it/reformed.

They really had no other play here. I can't imagine he'll be good in his late 30s which is on the table here- but you never know where the "outs" will be built in for Philly. If they can escape harm free in 4 years, at 50-60m in.... Not that bad.

Huge mistake by the eagles. He obviously is a perfect fit for those scumbags and their subhuman fans, but that guy will NEVER play up to that contract. I think there's a good chance he flames out this year.

Edited by DC Grid

Great news. So glad to see him turn his life around. 2 years ago nobody would spit on him and now he seems to have a bright future. Always great to see stories like this. What saddens me is those out there that continue to espouse hate. Specifically, the idiot above who hopes he blows out his knee. That type of sickening attitude is a bit scary in today's world. Who thinks like that?

The deal is a good one for Philly. Its not 100 million dollars--its 40 million. Not a bad investment given what Vick is capable of doing. He continues to grow under Reid and who knows how much better he can get. The key will be keeping him healthy though but even 12 games a year is a good deal for that money.

I don't wish the guy failure or success. And I'm not really a dog lover. I just can't really get behind a guy who got his kicks torturing and killing animals. Sure he did his time and has behaved himself, and that's great, but if he hadn't gotten in trouble does anyone think he wouldn't be doing the same thing now? I'm all for giving a guy another chance but he's got 100 million reasons to be a "model citizen", so while I'm glad he's keeping his nose clean, I won't be getting the warm fuzzies for this a-hole any time soon.

I just cannot bring myself to wish failure upon a guy that has done everything right since his legal troubles. He has turned a corner in his life and has learned from his mistakes. I say good for him, he deserves it.

Disagree with your choice of words, nobody 'deserves it.' If you think that he's earned it (I don't) that's another story. He played well for 1/2 a season and then the hits and his age caught up to him. I don't begrudge him $.01 of it, but I'm glad my team didn't sign him to that contract.

Not me. I would get butt raped. A lot.

Taken out of context (I'm not sure there is a context here) that is disturbing.

And lord knows what would happen to you off the field. Especially in jail.

:worthy:

Taken out of context (I'm not sure there is a context here) that is disturbing.

No context. Think about it though. They say that first day of prison, you have to either kick a guy's ass or make him your B word if you want protection. First day! Knowing me, I'd be wiped out after orientation and whatever icebreaker games they have in prison. I wouldn't have the energy to not be somebody's B word.

Great news. So glad to see him turn his life around. 2 years ago nobody would spit on him and now he seems to have a bright future. Always great to see stories like this. What saddens me is those out there that continue to espouse hate. Specifically, the idiot above who hopes he blows out his knee. That type of sickening attitude is a bit scary in today's world. Who thinks like that?

The deal is a good one for Philly. Its not 100 million dollars--its 40 million. Not a bad investment given what Vick is capable of doing. He continues to grow under Reid and who knows how much better he can get. The key will be keeping him healthy though but even 12 games a year is a good deal for that money.

Good post. Imagine what he could have done in a Gailey offense .

Glad to see he was able to turn it around.

Unlike others, I think if people do a crime, serve time and then become a productive part of society again, that's a good thing. Jail should be about rehabilitation, not life punishment, imo.

Glad to see he was able to turn it around.

Unlike others, I think if people do a crime, serve time and then become a productive part of society again, that's a good thing. Jail should be about rehabilitation, not life punishment, imo.

My contention, though, is that many people have forgiven his crimes simply because he's performed well on the gridiron, when it's really irrelevant. People like the story of his return to superstardom better than the story of whatever personal reformation he's accomplished. That's the only bone I'll pick at this point.