Who is Patrick Moran? Supposedly major news.

bbb

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In Pat Moran's defense, he may have just had bad information. It doesn't sound like he made this up. There was indeed a search of Merriman's vehicle at the border crossing.

Maybe Merriman was a victim of profiling. Or maybe he was being a wisea*s with the crossing guards and they decided to pull his chain.

Shawne Merriman twitter:

"To answer your question guys im disappointed by a story that was written by a Buffalo writer regarding a routine stop at the Canadian border a few weeks ago. To clarify, there was Absolutely NO steroids found in my vehicle & there were NO charges against me. I've received a great welcome by the community and fans. I've worked my butt off to have a great season."

http://tmi.me/eFgTO

http://tmi.me/eFhbO

Edited by Rob Johnson Jr

I posted this (tweet) in the Shoutbox, but here it is again:

This guy (SaviorEdwards, aka Savior Edwards), said that Clabo wasn't coming to Buffalo and that Barnett was going to sign with Buffalo, before either were publicly known.

Just trying to catch up on this...Moran said Merriman caught with steroids, SaviorEdwards says totally untrue. From what I've read about his calls on Clabo and Barnett, I'd go with Savior

SaviorEdwards also talked about a major announcement...hope it's dealing with signing a FA O-lineman. Glad this guy is willing to share his info :thumbsup:

Just trying to catch up on this...Moran said Merriman caught with steroids, SaviorEdwards says totally untrue. From what I've read about his calls on Clabo and Barnett, I'd go with Savior

SaviorEdwards also talked about a major announcement...hope it's dealing with signing a FA O-lineman. Glad this guy is willing to share his info :thumbsup:

As I also said in the Shoutbox, Savoir Edwards is a Trent-lover who used to post on another Bills message board. But despite the wacky Trent-love, the guy actually knows his stuff, so he's got the cred over a moron like Moron.

I know it's been said in other ways but anyone who posts something about their daughter being run over if their story isn't true is sad and desperate. Trust your sources and stand by it while waiting for the truth to vindicate you or make wild statements pleading your legitimacy....

@PatrickMoranBSD Patrick Moran I'd never write something of such a derogatory nature about a player on a team I support without strong basis, KNOWING the consequence

I used to work in news media. One of the early things I learned was to have multiple sources confirm something before reporting it. If I'm not mistaken, Moran is basing his report on one source. That's just not enough for me, sorry.

I also learned to be unbiased you must have both sides to the story. I think Shawne has offered his take on the situation to balance out the report by Moran. Unless I hear another source confirm Moran's side (and not someone reporting on Moran's article) I will take Shawne's side. He'd be stupid to get caught with 'roids when he's been down that road once before.

I feel very strongly that Mr. Moran owes Shawne Merriman a public apology. Many people who cross the boarder get there cars searched and are questioned. This is a routine thing that happens thousands of times every day. Merriman was not detained or charged with anything and was able to be on his way just like any other person who is unlucky to get there car searched in a routine matter. To suggest there was steroids involved without documented proof boarders on

an insane hunch or bad information. Mr Moran should have absolute documented proof before posting this info.

I feel Mr. Moran has smeared Merriman's good name and it is hard to get that back. To the average football fan around the league all they see is one short internet headline or blurb

about him being involved with steroids again and they now say to them selves there he goes again, this guy Merriman is a waste. Company's that maybe considered giving him money to endorse there products will now stay away based on these new roomers. This has now done great damage to Merriman's reputation and his character and also makes the Buffalo Bills organization look bad. I hope Mr. Moran has a good lawyer because I think he may need it after this incident.

Edited by billsareback

I feel very strongly that Mr. Moran owes Shawne Merriman a public apology. Many people who cross the boarder get there cars searched and are questioned. This is a routine thing that happens thousands of times every day. Merriman was not detained or charged with anything and was able to be on his way just like any other person who is unlucky to get there car searched in a routine matter. To suggest there was steroids involved without documented proof boarders on

an insane hunch or bad information. Mr Moran should have absolute documented proof before posting this info.

I feel Mr. Moran has smeared Merriman's good name and it is hard to get that back. To the average football fan around the league all they see is one short internet headline or blurb

about him being involved with steroids again and they now say to them selves there he goes again, this guy Merriman is a waste. Company's that maybe considered giving him money to endorse there products will now stay away based on these new roomers. This has now done great damage to Merriman's reputation and his character and also makes the Buffalo Bills organization look bad. I hope Mr. Moran has a good lawyer because I think he may need it after this incident.

I would be disappointed if Shawne didn't sue that little peckerhead for libel.

PTR

LOL. Yea, him and Mike Vick were all set to do a big new ad campaign right up until some blogger, read by several, wrote this story. Sounds like a huge payday, get Cellino and Barnes on this one.

There's more to this somewhere. I wouldn't take Merriman's word as the last(and it's hilarious how many have). Trad media types are obviously looking into this, and haven't confirmed or refuted the story yet. The team and league haven't said jack **** on the record, and I'm sure they've been asked. I'm still waiting for someone believable to speak on it.

an insane hunch or bad information. Mr Moran should have absolute documented proof before posting this info.I feel Mr. Moran has smeared Merriman's good name and it is hard to get that back. To the average football fan around the league all they see is one short internet headline or blurb

Very dumb move on Moran's part. As the poster noted earlier, going on the word of just one source is incredulous. At least TMZ usually posts a police report. I don't think Mr Moran will be sleeping well tonight.

I would be disappointed if Shawne didn't sue that little peckerhead for libel.

PTR

Unfortunately it is easy to sue for Libel, but very hard to prove. Most cases don't stand up in court. There are usually 3 things a person has to prove that. 1.) that the statement is in fact false. Which that could be tricky on its own. 2.) that the statement caused harm. again very hard to prove that. and 3.) prove the statement was made without significant research.

There is also a sort of 4th rule for celebs. They need to prove that the statement was specifically mad with intent to harm. Which most reporters can just say they were just reporting what they heard and weren't intending to do any harm.

Put those all together, and you have one tough case.

Not sure Shawne would want to go through all of that AND give this guy more publicity. Although I think he should, just to put this Pat Moran in a bad light.

I dont know if this has been posted yet, as I have not read all 30 pages of this thread.... but I think this is Mr. Moran's myspace page. His tag line is "Drinking Beer & Punching Bitches"....class act.

http://www.myspace.com/mrbiggsmiggler

Ignoring all the douche nozzle stuff on the account, the guy still uses MYSPACE?

I dont know if this has been posted yet, as I have not read all 30 pages of this thread.... but I think this is Mr. Moran's myspace page. His tag line is "Drinking Beer & Punching Bitches"....class act.

http://www.myspace.com/mrbiggsmiggler

I'm trying to stay out of this, but wow - what a piece of work.

Maybe someone should ask him on Twitter how many he's punched today?

here is a perfect example of how this stuff gets out of control and destroy's Merriman's Reputation. The cats out of the bag now and

this can not be taken back. very sad for Shawn and the Bills organization

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2011/8/18/2371161/shawne-merriman-caught-steroids-bills-chargers

What a douche puppet

I've met Moran on several occasions, he once told me (and I'm paraphrasing) that he'll do anything possible to drive traffic to his site, regardless whether its true or not.

I knew one day that would bite him in the ass, but damn...this is horrible what he did.

"Patrick Moran

THE year is still not over.. I can still choke a B word.

and the election night drinking was awesome. Sadly, the more I think about it, the more I realize pretty much every highlight of 2008 centered around drinking."

"Patrick Moran

and the election night drinking was awesome. Sadly, the more I think about it, the more I realize pretty much every highlight of 2008 centered around drinking."

He shoulda cleaned out those skeletons.

Belicheat should have warned him about MyFace.

"Patrick Moran

All the Chappelle humor aside (Is wayne brady gonna have to choke a B word?) this guy seems like a total tool. Nice myspace page.

I've met Moran on several occasions, he once told me (and I'm paraphrasing) that he'll do anything possible to drive traffic to his site, regardless whether its true or not.

I knew one day that would bite him in the ass, but damn...this is horrible what he did.

So...he says he has a source...clearly the source is not from the Bills organization because if it was they would give the story to someone else...that basically means his source is from United States Customs. How kindly would they take to a "source" leaking information to the "press"?

I'm trying to stay out of this, but wow - what a piece of work.

Maybe someone should ask him on Twitter how many he's punched today?

I'm sure he feels like punching himself right about now.

It's pretty said when Moron, who claims to be a Bills fan, is so hungry for attention that he'll take the word of ONE person and try and make a name for yourself, at the expense of his (alleged) favorite team. The only recourse he has now is to produce a picture of Merriman with the (proven) banned substance.

I can see why he'd do something to try to drive traffic to his website. If he mentioned to someone having a rough time financially, or happened to put that in a blog, you could put the pieces together.

I can see why he'd do something to try to drive traffic to his website. If he mentioned to someone having a rough time financially, or happened to put that in a blog, you could put the pieces together.

There is no amount of one off traffic that could be sent to his site that would be any more meaningful than a 32 oz Colt 45 and a paper bag.

Just because we don't know his sourcing doesn't mean he just made it up. Even if it's questionable sourcing, it doesn't make it patently false.

Without written records or an officer going on record it's simply left as possible. Now we are in a hazy spot where it's just he said she said.