Five wide

Are you freaking kidding me? Do you even watch this team? Stevie J had a better year than Evans ever had. EVER!!!!! Fact!!!

How can you say Stevie is not a true #1 option when he just had possibly the best year for a WR since the days of Moulds and Price. Evans statistics and play has never proved to be better than a 2nd WR option. I really like Lee, I've met him and spoken with him multiple times, he's been one of my favorites for years and is a good guy on the team and in the locker room but he is no #1 option at WR, never has been a legit #1 either.

And don't get me started on Roscoe, the guy weights 170lbs soaken wet with all his pads on. My forearms are thicker than his thighs. When was the last time he wasn't injured during the season? The guy can't stay on the field. I'll admit he played well last year when he was in there but the fact still points that he can't stay healthy. He's also got to be around 30 and regardless what you think he hasn't done anything in the return game in years. This team is getting healthier and younger not the other way around. Johnson, Easley, Jones, and Nelson are the up and coming WRs for this teams future. Evans and Parrish are on thier ways out.

I'll make a bet with you. If Roscoe and Evans are on this team as our #1 and #3 next year at this time I'll buy you lunch. Chefs spaghetti Parm is on me. I don't even want anything if Im wrong. That's how sure I am about it.

You're right about Roscoe's injury history, but that still doesn't negate the fact he might have been our best WR last year until his injury. I understand your desire to go with the youth movement, but Lee and Roscoe are undoubtedly two out of the top three WRs on the team.

Also, remember Easley hasn't played a snap in his entire life, Jones is unproven (he got injured too), and Nelson will never be more then a solid possession receiver (nothing wrong with that). You can't tell me with a straight face that he can be a better #2 then Lee. This is no way to improve the offense or give Fitz a chance to prosper.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything being said negative about easley could have been said about stevie

Roscoe or nelson before last year.

Point being i think fitz is foin to throw to who is open so

If its easley he may be number one if its stevie he will and on and on.

I know stevie and nelson didnt come off injuries but they didnt come with

Great anticipation either

Are you freaking kidding me? Do you even watch this team? Stevie J had a better year than Evans ever had. EVER!!!!! Fact!!!

How can you say Stevie is not a true #1 option when he just had possibly the best year for a WR since the days of Moulds and Price. Evans statistics and play has never proved to be better than a 2nd WR option. I really like Lee, I've met him and spoken with him multiple times, he's been one of my favorites for years and is a good guy on the team and in the locker room but he is no #1 option at WR, never has been a legit #1 either.

And don't get me started on Roscoe, the guy weights 170lbs soaken wet with all his pads on. My forearms are thicker than his thighs. When was the last time he wasn't injured during the season? The guy can't stay on the field. I'll admit he played well last year when he was in there but the fact still points that he can't stay healthy. He's also got to be around 30 and regardless what you think he hasn't done anything in the return game in years. This team is getting healthier and younger not the other way around. Johnson, Easley, Jones, and Nelson are the up and coming WRs for this teams future. Evans and Parrish are on thier ways out.

I'll make a bet with you. If Roscoe and Evans are on this team as our #1 and #3 next year at this time I'll buy you lunch. Chefs spaghetti Parm is on me. I don't even want anything if Im wrong. That's how sure I am about it.

If you honestly believe that Stevie is a #1 WR then you are delusional. But for the sake of me not having to waste the time disproving everything you babbled about I'm just going to concede and say that I didn't watch a single down last season.

Edited by Bangarang

Fact? Evans third year was at least as good as Steve Johnson's third year.

IMO, almost all five wide sets should include either Spiller or Fred Jackson, line them up as a back, and then split them out or put them in motion as a fifth WR. That way, other teams have to have another LB or two in there instead of a DB because they don't know if we're going to run or not, and then probably have to change their defensive play call during the snap. Shawn Nelson, if he is healthy, will also be in 5 wide sets.

Kelly,

Leaving your QB naked without protection from the RB requires the OL to be strong and focused, something that we have not been able to do.

Kelly,

Leaving your QB naked without protection from the RB requires the OL to be strong and focused, something that we have not been able to do.

While that may be true, there were plays last year when we went five wide. And that is what this thread is about, playing five wide, and who will be the five.

Fact? Evans third year was at least as good as Steve Johnson's third year.

If you watch them I know you agree that Lee is nothing more than a burner going deep. And as he is getting older he's not doing that good anymore. Fact.... Evans has never had double digit TDs. Not as our #1 with Losman throwing only to him and nobody else. Not with Trent playing things safe. Not with T.O. Taking all the double teams away from him. Not ever. Johnson had a better season in his first year starting at WR on a miserable team with no chance of making the playoffs and no running game.

I've said before that I like Lee, it's just muly opinion that he is on his way out as a Bill. As I said with Roscoe as well, he's a gimmick player. Good at returns and that's about it. He had a great year last year until the injury. But that proves my point about him. He can't stay healthy. We have other guys to run back kicks. He will be gone soon too.

The old guys on this team are on thier way out. Especially ones that can't stay healthy.

Evans

Parrish

McGee

Poz would be too if we had anyone else at ILB

Kelly,

Ummmmmmm, did you watch any Bills games?

We went five wide too often. First down,

3rd

And short so they didnt have to respect the run.

I remember a couple times

Going empty backfield

3 and out

It seems like we all pretty much agree on Lee and Roscoe. We know what we have with them.

Some of us are more optimistic about the others - who are largely unknown. Even Stevie isn't particularly well-known yet. (Will he progress his second year? Regress? Stay the same? How much of his production last year was the result of being a no-name #2?) Because of the optimism, some rate the rest of the WRs higher than Lee and Roscoe, both of whom have known flaws.

It seems we did this last year too but with QBs. There were many here who in their loyal, but unfounded, optimism wanted Brian Brohm to start at QB. We often too-clearly see the downsides of the veterans and the upsides of the newer faces.

I think an objective observer would rate Evans and Parrish in the top 3 of our WR core. But bless the optimists who see Johnson, Nelson and Easley moving past them this year. I hope they all prove to be that talented and productive.

If you watch them I know you agree that Lee is nothing more than a burner going deep. And as he is getting older he's not doing that good anymore. Fact.... Evans has never had double digit TDs. Not as our #1 with Losman throwing only to him and nobody else. Not with Trent playing things safe. Not with T.O. Taking all the double teams away from him. Not ever. Johnson had a better season in his first year starting at WR on a miserable team with no chance of making the playoffs and no running game.

I've said before that I like Lee, it's just muly opinion that he is on his way out as a Bill. As I said with Roscoe as well, he's a gimmick player. Good at returns and that's about it. He had a great year last year until the injury. But that proves my point about him. He can't stay healthy. We have other guys to run back kicks. He will be gone soon too.

The old guys on this team are on thier way out. Especially ones that can't stay healthy.

Evans

Parrish

McGee

Poz would be too if we had anyone else at ILB

Neither has Andre Johnson

MPO - Pending on how the salary cap works for next season - trade Evans!!! He is a $7mm salary hit and, quite honestly, hasn't been playing up to snuff. He runs great fly routes but dropped numerous crucial 3rd downs last year (historically this isn't really his problem). With all eyes pointing as Parrish being the slot, it leaves 3 solid starters for 2 positions. David Nelson, has shown glimpses of being an unbelievable possession receiver and at 6'5" towers over most DB's. Don't get me wrong - I definitely think Evans is a very good receiver (borderline pro-bowl in a good year), but we have so many holes, he would be good for a pro-bowl caliber LB or OT (had the CBA been active, we should have gotten at least a 2nd rounder for him)...

However, w/o the trade - Evans, Johnson, Parrish, Nelson, Easley. Roosevelt is 7th on the chart - PS fodder for one more year. Jones will be picked up elsewhere if they don't carry 6.

However, w/o the trade - Evans, Johnson, Parrish, Nelson, Easley. Roosevelt is 7th on the chart - PS fodder for one more year. Jones will be picked up elsewhere if they don't carry 6.

Roger that, maybe we could get an inside backer or corner for evans.

I think in the next two years evans is gonzo either way so why not get something for him

It seems like we all pretty much agree on Lee and Roscoe. We know what we have with them.

Some of us are more optimistic about the others - who are largely unknown. Even Stevie isn't particularly well-known yet. (Will he progress his second year? Regress? Stay the same? How much of his production last year was the result of being a no-name #2?) Because of the optimism, some rate the rest of the WRs higher than Lee and Roscoe, both of whom have known flaws.

It seems we did this last year too but with QBs. There were many here who in their loyal, but unfounded, optimism wanted Brian Brohm to start at QB. We often too-clearly see the downsides of the veterans and the upsides of the newer faces.

I think an objective observer would rate Evans and Parrish in the top 3 of our WR core. But bless the optimists who see Johnson, Nelson and Easley moving past them this year. I hope they all prove to be that talented and productive.

Good observations. One more thing to add. For the first time in years, Fitz was doing a nice job of spreading the ball around. Everyone was getting an opportunity. All of our WRs did a nice job of getting open and it's a little too soon to be crowning a #1 or #2 receiver. For the most part, our successes were the result of Fitz just finding what works. Gailey probably had a lot to do with the successes as well. Trying to over simplify things by saying Stevie got the most TD catches, therefore he is our best WR is a bit premature. There are simply too many variables at this point to accurately make that decision. I believe, last year it was mentioned on more than one occasion that there is no #1 anyway. The point is, you focus on what works not on who is #1 and who is #2.

83 Evans, Lee

13 Johnson, Steve

11 Parrish, Roscoe

81 Easley, Marcus

86 Nelson, David

19 Jones, Donald (ps)

18 Roosevelt, Naaman (ps)

15 Huggins, Felton (roster for special teams?)

17 Hubbard, Paul (cut)

83 Evans, Lee

13 Johnson, Steve

11 Parrish, Roscoe

81 Easley, Marcus

86 Nelson, David

19 Jones, Donald (ps)

18 Roosevelt, Naaman (ps)

15 Huggins, Felton (roster for special teams?)

17 Hubbard, Paul (cut)

Barring any trades or season-ending injuries, I see the first 7 being kept, with them using David Nelson as a TE/H-back of sorts.

Id say 6 plus one ps player. Probably in the order listed.

I can't see them exposing Nelson, Jones, or Roosevelt to waivers. If anything, they keep 7 WR's and 2 TE's, again with Nelson playing a pass-catching TE role of sorts.