Five wide

I like our wide reciever... All seven of them.

So with that in mind last year we took five into the season ,

So assuming that is the same approach We take this year, who are the five you guys would rather see.

Remember if you sign them to the practice squad any team can sign them to the active roster.

1. Stevie

2. Nelson - we have needed a big boy who can play since forever

3. Jones - plays special teams, blocks well, strong like bull, upside

4. Easley - if he has a good preseason

5. Naaman- buffalo native, no drops in 4 games, plays special teams

So i left our two most accomplished recievers off the list,

I love lee evans but he has years on all these guys.

Parrish to me is fun to watch but i cant push the buffalo native off the team for him

I would like to keep 2 qb's and 2 te's and 3 ml's so we could keep all seven but who knows. There is talk of expanded rosters in a new cba but for now roll with it.

What do you think

:thumbsup:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Roscoe is just average, his punt returning days are over, he has lost a step and his WR catches - last year was his best for sure, until he got hurt. Frankly I think its time to move him on to his next team and give these younger guys a chance.

I think Easley, and Roosevelt are gonna be just as good or better than Roscoe. Who are we kidding Roscoe was selected mainly for his punt return ability and not his pass catching. So lets all stop drinking the kool aid on this one.

Edited by Philhansonfan

I agree with those that said Roscoe played well last year...Theres only one problem. The guy is just too small and fragile to play football in the NFL. I'd rather see the Bills keep a bigger athletic guy like Huggins on the roster and let him develop, than watch Roscoe make a few plays before being "broken" for the year.

Roscoe also hasn't looked good returning punts in a while, but I suppose our special teams in general took a big nose dive recently, so maybe it's not all him.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I am smoking a big fat bowl of common sense

I started by saying i like lee, he is one of our players of the decade and i dont want him to leave

But if we only keep 5 wide outs like last year then i think he might have to go

Rosco has half of a good season under his belt so everybody should stop acting like he is a probowler

He has more fumbles than td in his career and although i like him to i would keep a wr who can play gunner as well

I like ALL the wr but we arent going to the superbowl so next year we would be having the same kind of conversation

so why not cut to the chase

P.s. You were prob upset last year that we cut hardy and kept stevie

You probably thought our top five should be t.o, lee, hardy, chad jackson and felton huggins

You prob thought trent was a sb qb and m lynch was way better than freddie

you prob love kelsay, maybin and stroud

Your kidding right? Your common sense was lost when you smoked your fat bowl dude.

no way Lee leaves this year, I could see next year if Easley pans out but there is no promise of that.

speaking of fumbles Roscoe had less than C.J. did :(

Trent sucked liked your reply to my post lol

don't care what you think I miss some Beast Mode but Freddy is a better back

I wont even go there on Kelsey, Maybin and Marcus

I think Roscoe is just average, his punt returning days are over, he has lost a step and his WR catches - last year was his best for sure, until he got hurt. Frankly I think its time to move him on to his next team and give these younger guys a chance.

I think Easley, and Roosevelt are gonna be just as good or better than Roscoe. Who are we kidding Roscoe was selected mainly for his punt return ability and not his pass catching. So lets all stop drinking the kool aid on this one.

Why would we cut him now? Wait until training camp- if he gets beaten out, fine. You don't cut a player simply because he isn't good or is overrated.

Why would we cut him now? Wait until training camp- if he gets beaten out, fine. You don't cut a player simply because he isn't good or is overrated.

??? Then what DO you cut a player for?

For the most part I agree with what you said, but the OP never mentioned that we should cut him now. If we could trade him and get value, great. If not there is no reason to cut him earlier than necessary.

This is all probably a moot point though. As others have mentioned Gailey loves Roscoe, and most likely he will be on the team. At least until he gets hurt....

??? Then what DO you cut a player for?

For the most part I agree with what you said, but the OP never mentioned that we should cut him now. If we could trade him and get value, great. If not there is no reason to cut him earlier than necessary.

This is all probably a moot point though. As others have mentioned Gailey loves Roscoe, and most likely he will be on the team. At least until he gets hurt....

That was my addition- you cut a player when he is about to become a problem or he gets beaten out by a superior player. You don't cut/bench a player because the fans want it

I am smoking a big fat bowl of common sense

I started by saying i like lee, he is one of our players of the decade and i dont want him to leave

But if we only keep 5 wide outs like last year then i think he might have to go

Rosco has half of a good season under his belt so everybody should stop acting like he is a probowler

He has more fumbles than td in his career and although i like him to i would keep a wr who can play gunner as well

I like ALL the wr but we arent going to the superbowl so next year we would be having the same kind of conversation

so why not cut to the chase

P.s. You were prob upset last year that we cut hardy and kept stevie

You probably thought our top five should be t.o, lee, hardy, chad jackson and felton huggins

You prob thought trent was a sb qb and m lynch was way better than freddie

you prob love kelsay, maybin and stroud

I was going to actually write a well thought out rebuttal but instead I'll make it simple so I don't confuse you.

You're wrong.

Edited to keep the peace.

Edited by BuffaloBillsSD

2 points being overlooked in Donald Jones's favor, is 1 he's great on Special teams, and 2 he's a really good blocker as well. And didn't we see him at some sort of wierd TE'ish role as well last season.

Well four of the five you suggest keeping have done nothing in the NFL so that would lead me to conclude that you have no idea what you are talking about. But hey go right ahead and keep thinking you are right.

Okay thats what they said begore last season too

2 points being overlooked in Donald Jones's favor, is 1 he's great on Special teams, and 2 he's a really good blocker as well. And didn't we see him at some sort of wierd TE'ish role as well last season.

I'm replying to a broad section of Bills fans in general, not just you. But fans obsession with players who can contribute on special teams is sometimes humorous. It seems there's a mentality to keep players who are less-skilled at their position because they can contribute to special teams. This should apply to roster spot #53, but to no one else.

Good teams have the best depth and skill at their positions, not guys who are lesser skilled but can play flanker well. How many playoff appearances did all those 1st placed special teams units get us?

Are you freaking kidding me? Do you even watch this team? Stevie J had a better year than Evans ever had. EVER!!!!! Fact!!!

How can you say Stevie is not a true #1 option when he just had possibly the best year for a WR since the days of Moulds and Price. Evans statistics and play has never proved to be better than a 2nd WR option. I really like Lee, I've met him and spoken with him multiple times, he's been one of my favorites for years and is a good guy on the team and in the locker room but he is no #1 option at WR, never has been a legit #1 either.

And don't get me started on Roscoe, the guy weights 170lbs soaken wet with all his pads on. My forearms are thicker than his thighs. When was the last time he wasn't injured during the season? The guy can't stay on the field. I'll admit he played well last year when he was in there but the fact still points that he can't stay healthy. He's also got to be around 30 and regardless what you think he hasn't done anything in the return game in years. This team is getting healthier and younger not the other way around. Johnson, Easley, Jones, and Nelson are the up and coming WRs for this teams future. Evans and Parrish are on thier ways out.

There are more than 1 WR on the field at a time. Evans & Roscoe have both had better years than Nelson, Jones, Easley & Roosevelt combined. So as the post you replied stated, dropping Evans, even if he is only the #2 WR, or Parrish makes the WR corps weaker.

I am with Five wide. Lee has no heart, drops way too many balls for a number one and when the game is on the line Lee simply does not get open. Why bother keeping him? Lee has shown that he is a quitter.

Roscoe could have been a threat had he not been mis-used for years by Jauron. Why draft a player like this if you do not use him? Makes no sense. Now five years later he missed his prime and may be injury prone. How can Roscoe, small, with speed and elusiveness, never, ever, ever, ever had a play from scrimmage where he left everyone grasping at air and took it to the house? Never from scrimmage! He has not shown big play ability with DJ or in a year with Chan, except on punt returns. Under Chan, Roscoe performed like a number three WR, not a great one, but an average one. However, the offense did not miss a beat when he was out; and non-drafted players easily stepped in and performed at his level when he was out, emphasis on easily-stepped-in. Roscoe unlike Lee does have heart and a competitive fire.

What do these two have that our non drafted WRs don't have. Not much. If we keep one of the two, keep Roscoe.

I am with Five wide. Lee has no heart, drops way too many balls for a number one and when the game is on the line Lee simply does not get open. Why bother keeping him? Lee has shown that he is a quitter.

Roscoe could have been a threat had he not been mis-used for years by Jauron. Why draft a player like this if you do not use him? Makes no sense. Now five years later he missed his prime and may be injury prone. How can Roscoe, small, with speed and elusiveness, never, ever, ever, ever had a play from scrimmage where he left everyone grasping at air and took it to the house? Never from scrimmage! He has not shown big play ability with DJ or in a year with Chan, except on punt returns. Under Chan, Roscoe performed like a number three WR, not a great one, but an average one. However, the offense did not miss a beat when he was out; and non-drafted players easily stepped in and performed at his level when he was out, emphasis on easily-stepped-in. Roscoe unlike Lee does have heart and a competitive fire.

What do these two have that our non drafted WRs don't have. Not much. If we keep one of the two, keep Roscoe.

+1

but i say if we keep one keep lee

I could certainly see a scenario whereby Lee and Roscoe are not with the Bills two seasons from now.

But as for 2011, I disagree with and am against a scenario where they are not on the team… unless there's some unforeseen scenario where another team makes an unexpectedly good trade proposal for one or both of them.

I could certainly see a scenario whereby Lee and Roscoe are not with the Bills two seasons from now.

But as for 2011, I disagree with and am against a scenario where they are not on the team… unless there's some unforeseen scenario where another team makes an unexpectedly good trade proposal for one or both of them.

In 2012 they might get cut, why not get something for one/both of them.

If we cut tjem next year they will go to the pats

I'm replying to a broad section of Bills fans in general, not just you. But fans obsession with players who can contribute on special teams is sometimes humorous. It seems there's a mentality to keep players who are less-skilled at their position because they can contribute to special teams. This should apply to roster spot #53, but to no one else.

Good teams have the best depth and skill at their positions, not guys who are lesser skilled but can play flanker well. How many playoff appearances did all those 1st placed special teams units get us?

Speaking of Jones specifically, if a guy shows enough speed to get open, decent hands, good blocking skills, and is a good Special Teams player, you generally find a roster spot for a guy like that.