Five wide

I like our wide reciever... All seven of them.

So with that in mind last year we took five into the season ,

So assuming that is the same approach We take this year, who are the five you guys would rather see.

Remember if you sign them to the practice squad any team can sign them to the active roster.

1. Stevie

2. Nelson - we have needed a big boy who can play since forever

3. Jones - plays special teams, blocks well, strong like bull, upside

4. Easley - if he has a good preseason

5. Naaman- buffalo native, no drops in 4 games, plays special teams

So i left our two most accomplished recievers off the list,

I love lee evans but he has years on all these guys.

Parrish to me is fun to watch but i cant push the buffalo native off the team for him

I would like to keep 2 qb's and 2 te's and 3 ml's so we could keep all seven but who knows. There is talk of expanded rosters in a new cba but for now roll with it.

What do you think

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, almost all five wide sets should include either Spiller or Fred Jackson, line them up as a back, and then split them out or put them in motion as a fifth WR. That way, other teams have to have another LB or two in there instead of a DB because they don't know if we're going to run or not, and then probably have to change their defensive play call during the snap. Shawn Nelson, if he is healthy, will also be in 5 wide sets.

After the year Roscoe had before the injury I think he'll be here. Personally I agree with Evans. I think his time as a Bill is over. If he isn't cut I'd put money in it that he gets traded for as low as a 4th rounder. I actually like your assesment of the WRs. This team is getting younger not the other way around. I COULD see both Roscoe and Lee off this team. And i'd be perfectly ok with it.

After the year Roscoe had before the injury I think he'll be here. Personally I agree with Evans. I think his time as a Bill is over. If he isn't cut I'd put money in it that he gets traded for as low as a 4th rounder. I actually like your assesment of the WRs. This team is getting younger not the other way around. I COULD see both Roscoe and Lee off this team. And i'd be perfectly ok with it.

If you take Lee and Roscoe off of this team then our receiving corps immediately turns into a weakness. Stevie is not good enough to be a legit #1 option. You'd be putting way too much pressure on the younger guys. It could have a negative impact on their development.

Seems to me we were fine after roscoe got injured and fine in all the games fitz qbed when lee went down

We were terrible in the last couple games after Lee went down, not even counting the game Fitz didn't play. Even the first game when Fitz had decent stats we couldn't get the ball downfield.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

We were terrible in the last couple games after Lee went down, not even counting the game Fitz didn't play. Even the first game when Fitz had decent stats we couldn't get the ball downfield.

Take away the ravens game and tell me evans did a lot

Dude i like lee and eric moulds is my favorite bill ever but he suffered the same fate, to many coaches

And quarterbacks and now you have to decide( the bills do)

If you keep the old man who costs more than al the other wr's combined around or

let the youngbloods come on with it

Take away the ravens game and tell me evans did a lot

Dude i like lee and eric moulds is my favorite bill ever but he suffered the same fate, to many coaches

And quarterbacks and now you have to decide( the bills do)

If you keep the old man who costs more than al the other wr's combined around or

let the youngbloods come on with it

The obvious simple fact was we could not get the ball downfield in the four games that Lee was out. He was a very valuable player even without putting up big stats. Stevie Johnson made a few catches after Lee went down but they were mostly very short, and even in the two games we won, against the Browns and Dolphins, we were terrible moving the ball. Teams dared us to run and we had trouble doing that, too. I don't see how anyone could watch the last four Bills games and not see how invaluable a player Lee Evans is to this offense.

The obvious simple fact was we could not get the ball downfield in the four games that Lee was out. He was a very valuable player even without putting up big stats. Stevie Johnson made a few catches after Lee went down but they were mostly very short, and even in the two games we won, against the Browns and Dolphins, we were terrible moving the ball. Teams dared us to run and we had trouble doing that, too. I don't see how anyone could watch the last four Bills games and not see how invaluable a player Lee Evans is to this offense.

We won 2 of the last 4 games, which ended up being half our wins with Lee out.

My bad i thought he thrwe for 670 and 4 tds and two picks in three games

And i am pretty sure the three games fitz started when lee was out, freddie had

His second highest three game rushing totl of the season

Stop basing everything on what the nfl network tells you

Sorry i only watched every play of every game

Edited by Defend Greece

My bad i thought he thrwe for 670 and 4 tds and two picks in three games

And i am pretty sure the three games fitz started when lee was out, freddie had

His second highest three game rushing totl of the season

Stop basing everything on what the nfl network tells you

Sorry i only watched every play of every game

I'm glad you saw 1] by far the very worst performance of the season against a good team, 2] a game where we had two decent drives the entire game against a crappy team, and 3] a game we threw for 150 yards against a crappy team. We scored 34 points in the three games I think. We were terrible on offense, even in the two games we won. I don't care much about stats, and I don't watch the NFL network much, but have seen pretty much every play of every Bills game for 40+ years. I'll guarantee you that Stevie Johnson wants Lee Evans starting on the other side of him. And Gailey and Nix and Fitzpatrick and every other member of the offense (unless, of course, it's a WR who wants to play instaed. ;))

Evans is not going anywhere, and will rarely come out of any game, baring injury. I'll bet on it.

I'm glad you saw 1] by far the very worst performance of the season against a good team, 2] a game where we had two decent drives the entire game against a crappy team, and 3] a game we threw for 150 yards against a crappy team. We scored 34 points in the three games I think. We were terrible on offense, even in the two games we won. I don't care much about stats, and I don't watch the NFL network much, but have seen pretty much every play of every Bills game for 40+ years. I'll guarantee you that Stevie Johnson wants Lee Evans starting on the other side of him. And Gailey and Nix and Fitzpatrick and every other member of the offense (unless, of course, it's a WR who wants to play instaed. ;))

Evans is not going anywhere, and will rarely come out of any game, baring injury. I'll bet on it.

I'm sure Stevie does, then you can see who the real #1 WR is on the team.

Thanks you. People are trying to get too cute with the WRs. Top three receivers will be Stevie, Lee, and Roscoe. Take it to the bank. Anything else from the other guys will be awesome. Nelson will be 4th, and the 5th spot is for Easley, Jones, or Naman.

I like our wide reciever... All seven of them.

So with that in mind last year we took five into the season ,

So assuming that is the same approach We take this year, who are the five you guys would rather see.

Remember if you sign them to the practice squad any team can sign them to the active roster.

1. Stevie

2. Nelson - we have needed a big boy who can play since forever

3. Jones - plays special teams, blocks well, strong like bull, upside

4. Easley - if he has a good preseason

5. Naaman- buffalo native, no drops in 4 games, plays special teams

So i left our two most accomplished recievers off the list,

I love lee evans but he has years on all these guys.

Parrish to me is fun to watch but i cant push the buffalo native off the team for him

I would like to keep 2 qb's and 2 te's and 3 ml's so we could keep all seven but who knows. There is talk of expanded rosters in a new cba but for now roll with it.

What do you think

Drops are a bit overrated when you've got 9 catches for your career. Naaman is a good story, but he isn't about to push the guys ahead of him out of the depth chart. Top WRs drop more passes because they get tons of balls thrown their way.

IMO, almost all five wide sets should include either Spiller or Fred Jackson, line them up as a back, and then split them out or put them in motion as a fifth WR. That way, other teams have to have another LB or two in there instead of a DB because they don't know if we're going to run or not, and then probably have to change their defensive play call during the snap. Shawn Nelson, if he is healthy, will also be in 5 wide sets.

Agreed.

I'm trying not to get overly optimistic about this offense, BUT, if Easley ends up being a stud and CJ can show some growth during the preseason, I'd love to see us run some single back 4-WR sets. I forgot all about S.Nelson until you mentioned him, too...he's shown some flashes here and there, so if he takes a step in the right direction and can stay healthy, all of a sudden we have a LOT of weapons on offense. If the Oline can at least be average, this offense will score points.

If you take Lee and Roscoe off of this team then our receiving corps immediately turns into a weakness. Stevie is not good enough to be a legit #1 option. You'd be putting way too much pressure on the younger guys. It could have a negative impact on their development.

If any one should be let go i'm one that thinks L Evans should be that one . Every one says Kelsay doesn't play up to his contract well neither has Evans !!

Sure he's got great straight line speed for the deep ball but what else does he bring to the table or should i say while at the table what other skills does they actually use ??

He's a great team guy don't get me wrong i like him , but it comes down to what have you done for me lately ?? And my answer to that is not a heck of a lot !!

So why not get another draft pick for him , open up some cap space & see what another rookie might be able to bring to the team seeing as were going younger . Roscoe proved to be a good weapon to have last year & has more than one use . So i say take a chance & punch in another rookie & see what he brings to the table !!!

Edited by T master

Thanks you. People are trying to get too cute with the WRs. Top three receivers will be Stevie, Lee, and Roscoe. Take it to the bank. Anything else from the other guys will be awesome. Nelson will be 4th, and the 5th spot is for Easley, Jones, or Naman.

Drops are a bit overrated when you've got 9 catches for your career. Naaman is a good story, but he isn't about to push the guys ahead of him out of the depth chart. Top WRs drop more passes because they get tons of balls thrown their way.

I agree with you. People on this board like to talk about getting rid of some our best players because of their perception that younger guys can out perform them. Lee Evans is going nowhere. I've actually seen a couple of posts all ready suggesting we get rid of Kyle Williams. Serious.

Fitz was relatively successful with the young guys because he got a lot of practice with the second stringers. Don't be surprised if Evan's numbers go up this year.

Are you freaking kidding me? Do you even watch this team? Stevie J had a better year than Evans ever had. EVER!!!!! Fact!!!

How can you say Stevie is not a true #1 option when he just had possibly the best year for a WR since the days of Moulds and Price. Evans statistics and play has never proved to be better than a 2nd WR option. I really like Lee, I've met him and spoken with him multiple times, he's been one of my favorites for years and is a good guy on the team and in the locker room but he is no #1 option at WR, never has been a legit #1 either.

And don't get me started on Roscoe, the guy weights 170lbs soaken wet with all his pads on. My forearms are thicker than his thighs. When was the last time he wasn't injured during the season? The guy can't stay on the field. I'll admit he played well last year when he was in there but the fact still points that he can't stay healthy. He's also got to be around 30 and regardless what you think he hasn't done anything in the return game in years. This team is getting healthier and younger not the other way around. Johnson, Easley, Jones, and Nelson are the up and coming WRs for this teams future. Evans and Parrish are on thier ways out.

I'll make a bet with you. If Roscoe and Evans are on this team as our #1 and #3 next year at this time I'll buy you lunch. Chefs spaghetti Parm is on me. I don't even want anything if Im wrong. That's how sure I am about it.