I just started and finished watching Breaking Bad

The Poojer

heck, i want to see what Bryan Cranston does, i never imagined i would look at him and not see Hal from Malcolm, but i can watch Malcolm and not ever say, hey, that's the guy from Breaking Bad, and vice versa....he's a damn fine act-tor

I was watching Babylon 5 on Netflix awhile back and much to my surprise, Bryan Cranston had a bit part in one episode

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hell he was the dentist in seinfeld....dudes a frigging chameleon

I was watching Babylon 5 on Netflix awhile back and much to my surprise, Bryan Cranston had a bit part in one episode

and next door neighbor in king of queens

hell he was the dentist in seinfeld....dudes a frigging chameleon

heck, i want to see what Bryan Cranston does, i never imagined i would look at him and not see Hal from Malcolm, but i can watch Malcolm and not ever say, hey, that's the guy from Breaking Bad, and vice versa....he's a damn fine act-tor

Giancarlo Esposito is my favorite actor in the show along with Jonathan Banks and Charles Baker (Skinny Pete). Charles Baker is the most underrated actor in the show, I think he is amazing. Just look at pictures of him in real life and how he transforms himself into such a realistic drug addict. The guy is the furthest thing from a drug addict.

I also love Bob Odenkirk. I hope Saul Goodman gets a spinoff show. Remember Odenkirk on Seinfeld?

Giancarlo Esposito is my favorite actor in the show along with Jonathan Banks and Charles Baker (Skinny Pete). Charles Baker is the most underrated actor in the show, I think he is amazing. Just look at pictures of him in real life and how he transforms himself into such a realistic drug addict. The guy is the furthest thing from a drug addict.

I also love Bob Odenkirk. I hope Saul Goodman gets a spinoff show. Remember Odenkirk on Seinfeld?

You may get your wish. I read something from ComiCon about a possible Better Call Saul spinoff. And to make it even more awesome, it may be set prior to or in parallel to the Breaking Bad timeline. Which means we may see more of Gus and Mike, and maybe even some Victor or possibly Gale

I'm now refreshing myself on the first part of Season 5 now that it's available on Netflix and wow I cannot wait for Sunday. It's going to be nuts. Heisenberg is out of control it can't end well.

I am too. Started with Face Off, then S5 P1. It's like candy.

... and thanks again Dennis!

See, this is exactly what I've been wanting to happen on Dexter...Gilligan knows it's the last 8 episodes, so he doesn't far around getting to the meat and potatoes. Meanwhile Dexter is just farting around as usual trying to track down other killers, all the while the season is quickly ticking away...I wish Gilligan would have taken over the last season of Dexter, cause I fear it will be far less satisfying than what we're about to get with Breaking Bad.

When Hank shut that garage door tonight, my stomach sank...I was like hollllllllllllyyyyy, sheeeeaaat.....here we go!

What did Hank say that Walter says "that's not gonna happen?" My tv cut out and couldn't make it out.

paraphrasing, he said "I don't even know who you are anymore", to which Walt replied "if you don't know me then I suggest you tread lightly." BAM!

Agree...the garage door scene was awesome.

If you don't know who your dealing with then tread lightly? Whoa !

Dexters been blah...I'm 2 behind.

Speaking of another Dexter, I love this t-shirt design...

636x460design_01.jpg

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

What did Hank say that Walter says "that's not gonna happen?" My tv cut out and couldn't make it out.

He told him to bring Skyler and the kids to his house, then we'll talk. And right then, Bryan Cranston turns the switch from Walt to Heisenberg. My jaw literally fell open when he warned him...

He told him to bring Skyler and the kids to his house, then we'll talk. And right then, Bryan Cranston turns the switch from Walt to Heisenberg. My jaw literally fell open when he warned him...

+1

I guess Peter was right.

Edited by meazza

One small example of why this show is so much more respectful of the viewer, IMO...the scene where Walt is puking in the bathroom and he realizes that the book is missing from the back of the crapper. On so many other shows that whole thing could have lingered on with Walt continuing to look everywhere, subtly asking everyone if they'd seen it, and then have him ask Hank about it and Hank denies it, etc, etc, etc. NOne of that with Gilligan. We had a shot with Walt's realization, one brief look under the bed, and then it's off to Hank's place where confrontation ensues shortly thereafter. No filler, no stalling, no BS, just PLOT. I'm really going to miss this show seven weeks from now.

Amazing episode.

The scene where Hank shuts the garage door will be one of the best scenes of all time.

The writing is simply brilliant.

I am a huge Dexter fan but agree that it has gotten slow and less rewarding for viewers. I have just invested so much time in watching it that I cant just stop watching

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

Amazing episode.

The scene where Hank shuts the garage door will be one of the best scenes of all time.

I am a huge Dexter fan but agree that it has gotten slow and less rewarding for viewers. I have just invested so much time in watching it that I cant just stop watching

I'm trying hard not to compare the shows too much, but I just can't help it. Yesterday, to get me ready for the season premiere of BB, I watched the S4 finale, "Face-Off", one more time. I've already seen it three times, but it was just as amazing the fourth time through as it was the first few times. Gilligan is just on another level with this show than what is goign on with Dexter, IMO. I was watching the "Talking Bad" show with Chris Hardwick tonight and he had Gilligan on. He asked him why he wanted to go ahead and start off this last half season with a showdown between Hank and Walk as opposed to waiting a bit. Gilligan said, "well, because we still have so much more story to tell before it's all over." :worthy:

One small example of why this show is so much more respectful of the viewer, IMO...the scene where Walt is puking in the bathroom and he realizes that the book is missing from the back of the crapper. On so many other shows that whole thing could have lingered on with Walt continuing to look everywhere, subtly asking everyone if they'd seen it, and then have him ask Hank about it and Hank denies it, etc, etc, etc. NOne of that with Gilligan. We had a shot with Walt's realization, one brief look under the bed, and then it's off to Hank's place where confrontation ensues shortly thereafter. No filler, no stalling, no BS, just PLOT. I'm really going to miss this show seven weeks from now.

Excellent point. Not once since the series has been on have I ever felt Gilligan was insulting my intelligence. He really trusts his audience with their knowledge of the characters and their development throughout the series. I would bet that's because Gilligan, like most great writers, writes to satisfy his own standards. I wish more writers were like that.

Edited by K-9

Amazing episode.

I gave up on Dexter after the season with Lumen. I never went back.

Absolutely awesome show but just one nit to pick: can we stop with the depressed mopey Jessie, pretty please? Been there done that. Let's hope it doesn't last too long.

I think the ricin Walt went to fetch is intended for him.

I don't think Walt, even in full Heisenberg mode, has it in him to kill Jesse

During the opening, I was thinking the ricin was for Walt himself. Cancer is back and his world has collapsed. He knows it's over so he's going out on his own terms

But after the scene at the car wash, I'm wondering if its for Lydia. The last time he took the ricin out was for Lydia at the coffee shop when he wanted the 9 names and Lydia talked him into the Czech Republic deal. She's already getting unhinged and sloppy. I have no doubt Lydia would make a deal to give up Walt.

But Hank already figured it out you say? Hank hasn't figured out Skylar's duplicity. When the scope of Walt & Lydia's enterprise is uncovered Hank will start to follow the money. And the money leads back to Skylar

Hank's going to get torn in two when his wife finds out and the enormity of the cash on hand becomes known. She's going to want some. Remember the Whites bankrolled Hank's recovery therapy. But then again he got smacked be because of Walt.

IMO, Walt got the stuff for Hank. Look at his house in the first scene...Walt is dying and just wanted to hang on a little longer. B/c of Hank, Walt had to live to see this happen, and know for sure that his family is destroyed (at the hands of Hank no less). All sense of this being his own fault...is gone...it isn't the mob or cartel or other thugs...it is Hank...and Hank is doing this after Walt had basically succeed and gotten away with it all (at great cost). Walt is going to try to kill Hank before he dies imo.

IMO, Walt got the stuff for Hank. Look at his house in the first scene...Walt is dying and just wanted to hang on a little longer. B/c of Hank, Walt had to live to see this happen, and know for sure that his family is destroyed (at the hands of Hank no less). All sense of this being his own fault...is gone...it isn't the mob or cartel or other thugs...it is Hank...and Hank is doing this after Walt had basically succeed and gotten away with it all (at great cost). Walt is going to try to kill Hank before he dies imo.

I don't know. Gilligan has the ability to make you expect one thing and then deliver something other entirely.

I think we can all agree that walts cover is going to be blown but i don't think hank is the one who manages to make it happen.

Regarding the Garage Scene, that was definitely the most intense I've ever seen Heisenberg. The chills that went down my spine as he told Hank to tread lightly were probably the most intense I've felt coming from a TV show. Gilligan is absolutely brilliant, kudos to him and the staff for making this show as incredible and enjoyable as it has been so far.

Edited by Marcellosaurus

I almost think Hank is the least of Walt's problems, especially where the safety of his family is concerned. There is an entire international drug cartel that is now peddling 68% purity of the blue meth. Huge drop off in quality and somebody is pissed about that as Lydia suggested. I can see them going after Walt's family so I don't think Walt bought that M60 for Hank or the DEA. I actually have a feeling the drug cartel kills Hank because they don't want him getting in the way of Walt returning to the fold.

I almost think Hank is the least of Walt's problems, especially where the safety of his family is concerned. There is an entire international drug cartel that is now peddling 68% purity of the blue meth. Huge drop off in quality and somebody is pissed about that as Lydia suggested. I can see them going after Walt's family so I don't think Walt bought that M60 for Hank or the DEA. I actually have a feeling the drug cartel kills Hank because they don't want him getting in the way of Walt returning to the fold.

Wow, that would have the potential to be huge if they went in that direction...definitely gotta think that Lydia scene was significant...very interesting!

Wow, that would have the potential to be huge if they went in that direction...definitely gotta think that Lydia scene was significant...very interesting!

You don't just get 'out' of the drug dealing business.

wouldn't break my heart at all...

My prediction is that Lydia will be behind the murder of one of Walt's families members. She puts a hit on Walt and in either a case of mistaken identity (Walt Jr.) or just collateral damage his daughter, Skylar, or Walt Jr ends up dead.