I just started and finished watching Breaking Bad

The Poojer

Walt Jr > AJ from the Sopranos

Also, Breaking Bad > Sopranos,

new king of 1-hr television shows

As much as I loved the Sopranos, it never captivated me and brought me into the situation like BB has done. There have been times when I've truly felt stress and anxiety in my gut watching this show, which is a big reason why the S4 finale was such a satisfying payoff. It's like you could share in Walt's sigh of relief once it was over. It's not often a show affects me like that.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe it's just me, but my problem is that I insert myself into the show too much: "Criminy, I would have divorced that B word as soon as Walt Jr. was old enough to understand. Why haven't you, Walt?"

Maybe it's just me, but my problem is that I insert myself into the show too much: "Criminy, I would have divorced that B word as soon as Walt Jr. was old enough to understand. Why haven't you, Walt?"

Was she being a B word before the show started? Being in such a pressure cooker (husband has cancer, disappears for long intervals, fugue state, then you find out he's freaking meth producer) will bring out the worst in people.

Was she being a B word before the show started? Being in such a pressure cooker (husband has cancer, disappears for long intervals, fugue state, then you find out he's freaking meth producer) will bring out the worst in people.

I just have a very low tolerance for that sort of thing, regardless of situation. To your point, though, she seems like she has issues dating back to before the cancer (HUGE jealousy and trust issues).

:lol:

Working my way though S3. One super quick scene when the cartel hitman who was involved in shooting Hank died in the hospital, and all the cop's are looking in the window to his room, you get a brief glimpse of the big bald guy droping something on the table. I thought he worked for Sual or Saul? The lawyer anyway. He was the one who cleaned up the mess when Jeese's girlfriend died.

Is that going somewhere?

Working my way though S3. One super quick scene when the cartel hitman who was involved in shooting Hank died in the hospital, and all the cop's are looking in the window to his room, you get a brief glimpse of the big bald guy droping something on the table. I thought he worked for Sual or Saul? The lawyer anyway. He was the one who cleaned up the mess when Jeese's girlfriend died.

Is that going somewhere?

The big bald guy? Nah. Just a bit player in the story.

Your in for some great stuff!

Wow just saw the episode where Jeese get's hauled in to see Walt and Gus to have it explained he will not be taking revenge. Big bald guy picked him up. So he works for Gus, after all. Gus to underlings that Jeese wanted to kill-"There will be no more children." So they run the kid over! Intense stuff.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

Wow just saw the episode where Jeese get's hauled in to see Walt and Gus to have it explained he will not be taking revenge. Big bald guy picked him up. So he works for Gus, after all. Gus to underlings that Jeese wanted to kill-"There will be no more children." So they run the kid over! Intense stuff.

Dude, it gets better

Everyone knows it's Wendy

Dude, it gets better

Everyone knows it's Wendy Windy

Don't mean to be a di*k. Just thought you'd like to know.

Great episode, though!

EDIT: Just realized Wendy is the name of the hooker and you probably weren't alluding to the song "Windy" that was playing as she was making her rounds. My bad.

Edited by K-9

As much as I loved the Sopranos, it never captivated me and brought me into the situation like BB has done. There have been times when I've truly felt stress and anxiety in my gut watching this show, which is a big reason why the S4 finale was such a satisfying payoff. It's like you could share in Walt's sigh of relief once it was over. It's not often a show affects me like that.

As incredibly great as the mob storylines were, I thought Tony-family & Tony-psychiatrist dragged at times. Sopranos wasn't consistent throughout, BB gets better & better... planning and execution has been so good, I don't think Gilligan sh**s the bed in the finale like Chase did.

Edited by Rico