I just started and finished watching Breaking Bad

The Poojer

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Poison? Just stick your finger down your throat. Barf and handle business. Mr cool for sure.

I think that pill he took out by the pool before the Don and his henchmen arrived helped, too.

Ah there has to be a dud now and again. Just watched S4 Episode 11? The one where every one at the the pool in Mexico is poisoned. Almost running out of episodes. :wallbash:

It is a sad thing to be done, but you have S5 to look forward to and also the most important thing...the memories :)

Does anyone else absolutely hate Skylar? I can't stand this chick. She's as morally bankrupt as anyone, yet sits on her judgmental pedestal as though she's somehow above it all. It really rubs me the wrong way.

Just a hunch, but that's the way Gilligan created the character and Gunn plays it

Does anyone else absolutely hate Skylar? I can't stand this chick. She's as morally bankrupt as anyone, yet sits on her judgmental pedestal as though she's somehow above it all. It really rubs me the wrong way.

Yep, I know this thread is getting big, but there are a few of us in that club for sure...I'm in total agreement with those who feel Hank should get more screen time and have some of Skylar's and her nutball sister's reduced. Heisenberg doesn't have time for her crap and she clearly has absolutely no appreciation for his genius.

Tho, re: "moral bankruptcy" there exists the mitigation argument that she was pulled into all this by Walt and his fatal flaw refusal to accept health coverage from his former business partner/friend/ex-girlfriend(?).

Beyond the whole Fugue state and a second phone --> Get out of the house / separation / IFT stuff... which has to be a pretty normal reaction... What exactly is she now "judgmental" about? She's in this thing. Asking Walt whether he was behind the Fring bombing and saying bomb-BAD are two different things. I don't really recall her offering a moral judgment. Especially in light of the scene with Ted, while she was relieved when Ted said that he would never say anything (about the tax monies or about her/Saul's hired goons that precipitated the accident and coma), Skylar didn't really gush about how sorry she was. There was a passive intimidation thing there.

Just to note that while she was pulled into it initially by Walt's actions, there's a threshhold beyond which she's responsible and she can hardly see the door anymore. It could go a few different ways now. She could be viewing this as the end and simply cutting off the loose strings and no more cooking and they run the car wash. But it seems that the rest of the series might be centering around her and Walt trying to partner in the kingpin business with her handling some of the money side with the car wash as a front--- with obvious checks and balances given what she did with the money stash. Walt's "I forgive you." at the conclusion of ep 1 was quite unclear in how he meant it and what he meant by it. We'll see.

Edited by UConn James

Yep, I know this thread is getting big, but there are a few of us in that club for sure...I'm in total agreement with those who feel Hank should get more screen time and have some of Skylar's and her nutball sister's reduced. Heisenberg doesn't have time for her crap and she clearly has absolutely no appreciation for his genius.

I usually agree with you on this stuff, zepp, but to me this smacks of idolatry toward Walt's new persona. And I really don't think that was Gilligan's intent. Walt's activity, especially that under the guise of Heisenberg (and the lines are blurred now) certainly isn't admirable.

Tho, re: "moral bankruptcy" there exists the mitigation argument that she was pulled into all this by Walt and his fatal flaw refusal to accept health coverage from his former business partner/friend/ex-girlfriend(?).

Beyond the whole Fugue state and a second phone --> Get out of the house / separation / IFT stuff... which has to be a pretty normal reaction... What exactly is she now "judgmental" about? She's in this thing. Asking Walt whether he was behind the Fring bombing and saying bomb-BAD are two different things. I don't really recall her offering a moral judgment. Especially in light of the scene with Ted, while she was relieved when Ted said that he would never say anything (about the tax monies or about her/Saul's hired goons that precipitated the accident and coma), Skylar didn't really gush about how sorry she was. There was a passive intimidation thing there.

Just to note that while she was pulled into it initially by Walt's actions, there's a threshhold beyond which she's responsible and she can hardly see the door anymore. It could go a few different ways now. She could be viewing this as the end and simply cutting off the loose strings and no more cooking and they run the car wash. But it seems that the rest of the series might be centering around her and Walt trying to partner in the kingpin business with her handling some of the money side with the car wash as a front--- with obvious checks and balances given what she did with the money stash. Walt's "I forgive you." at the conclusion of ep 1 was quite unclear in how he meant it and what he meant by it. We'll see.

I will say, she somewhat redeemed herself in my eye at the end of last season when she got Walt's back. But I really haven't like her since she !@#$ed her boss and threw it in Walt's face. Then, despite her moral outrage at Walt's criminal behavior, she didn't hesitate to use the drug money when she needed it. Some of it's just her personality I don't like.

I will say, she somewhat redeemed herself in my eye at the end of last season when she got Walt's back. But I really haven't like her since she !@#$ed her boss and threw it in Walt's face. Then, despite her moral outrage at Walt's criminal behavior, she didn't hesitate to use the drug money when she needed it. Some of it's just her personality I don't like.

Well, I didn't see her or hear her mentioned during the fast-forward of Walt's 52nd birthday. Maybe she will get blown away in a most vicious and brutal manner before then. It's all good. :thumbsup:

I usually agree with you on this stuff, zepp, but to me this smacks of idolatry toward Walt's new persona. And I really don't think that was Gilligan's intent. Walt's activity, especially that under the guise of Heisenberg (and the lines are blurred now) certainly isn't admirable.

I agree, but it's entertaining :D

That's what makes Walt so interesting, IMO...his motivation wasn't to break bad, it was to provide for his family. Heisenberg was created by the circumstances that arose as a result of his choice to follow this path to financial gain. It's sort of like Anankin Skywalker...he loved Padme so passionately that he allowed jealousy to creep in, which led to such extreme circumstances that he was consumed and transformed into something evil. Certainly neither character can be seen as a victim or sympathetic, but I think there is a difference between an inherently "bad person" and someone who allowed circumstances and his environment to feed the beast that is his dark side to the point where it completely takes over, stomping out all but a small flicker of morality and compassion.

Maybe she will get blown away in a most vicious and brutal manner before then. It's all good. :thumbsup:

:lol:

Edited by ajzepp

Yeah, it did drag at times...and overall BB is just a superior show. Aside from that "fly" episode that i absolutely hated, BB has been damn near perfect. I gave him a mulligan on "fly"...no harm no foul ;0

Funny you mention this episode, I literally just finished watching it on Netflix and boy did it drag. Absolutely nothing for 45 minutes. Easily the worst episode since season 1, which I felt dragged a little bit at points. Season 3 has been stellar thus far, and I'm hoping to fly through season 4 on Netflix and get caught up with season 5 within a few weeks here

Funny you mention this episode, I literally just finished watching it on Netflix and boy did it drag. Absolutely nothing for 45 minutes. Easily the worst episode since season 1, which I felt dragged a little bit at points. Season 3 has been stellar thus far, and I'm hoping to fly through season 4 on Netflix and get caught up with season 5 within a few weeks here

lol...yep, some of us just didn't connect with it. You're going to love S4!

I am trying to ration this but man I Got 4 season's sitting there. Just one more, like a bag of chips. Almost done, will have to wait week by week like everyone else :censored:

For giggles, go back to page 11 of this thread and look for the Hypnotoad :worthy:. Post 216 when I posted Awww snap, it hit the fan!

That was my reaction to the Salud episode. As you watch S4 episodes, come back here and read our weekly reactions and speculation about what is to come.

For me, I want to say that he was saying he forgives her for giving the money away while almost insinuating (my take only) that if he had to take care of the problem he would and could have like only Heisenberg can. The look on both of their faces showed to me that Walt is fully aware of the power he has now made available to himself and Skyler is understanding the same thing and is frankly scared of how deep she has gotten into this herself now. In other words, Skyler is now scared of Walt and Walt knows it.

She only used Walt's ill-gotten money, essentially, to protect herself, her boss, and Walt (primarily) from all getting arrested. The fact that she screwed her boss is pretty small in the scale of infractions being committed by most every character on this show. I don't understand the double standard that all of you Skyler haters have for her... I get the feeling if Minka Kelly was playing her, instead of Anna Gunn, the disdain for her character wouldn't run as deep.