The Poojer

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He actually does.

Yeah, he does. I can say, a guy I have worked with for the last 20 years or so, not only looks like an older version of the kid on breaking bad, but his personality is very similar...he also suffers from MS. Great guy, always positive, though a little naive for his age...I never once wanted to punch him. I have a hard time understanding the deep hate for some of these characters...I guess the writers/producers are doing their job! Hate the innocent characters, love the bad guys. :lol:

Edited by Buftex

Yeah, he does. I can say, a guy I have worked with for the last 20 years or so, not only looks like an older version of the kid on breaking bad, but his personality is very similar...he also suffers from MS. Great guy, always positive, though a little naive for his age...I never once wanted to punch him. I have a hard time understanding the deep hate for some of these characters...I guess the writers/producers are doing their job! Hate the innocent characters, love the bad guys. :lol:

He can only read what's in the script. Walt Jr. appears to be more of a plot device rather than a real character. He's something for which Walt Sr. is responsible and part of what drives him to do what he does so he can support his family should cancer take his life. Add-in MS and it makes that responsibility more pronounced. Walt Sr. knows there's a lot of breakfasts in the future and bacon doesn't grow on trees.

um...yes it does...(and as a psa...do NOT click on the link for the turbaconepicentipede video...)

and bacon doesn't grow on trees.

He can only read what's in the script. Walt Jr. appears to be more of a plot device rather than a real character. He's something for which Walt Sr. is responsible and part of what drives him to do what he does so he can support his family should cancer take his life. Add-in MS and it makes that responsibility more pronounced. Walt Sr. knows there's a lot of breakfasts in the future and bacon doesn't grow on trees.

Edited by The Poojer

Yeah, I can buy that...he is a plot device...but why not want to smash Gilligan in the face, moreso than the kid who plays him?

It will be intersting to see how Walt Jr (assuming you can stand to see/hear him on the screen long enough) reacts to finding out his father, who he seems to worship, is actually a POS. Up to now, he has gone through this thing relatively unscathed...unlike anyone else...besides the baby.

At this point in the story, ego seems to be more important to Walt Sr than his family. I would assume, eventually, he is going to destroy all of the people who still have his back...his son, his daughter, and maybe Jesse.

... . I would assume, eventually, he is going to destroy all of the people who still have his back...his son, his daughter, and maybe Jesse.

From a literary point of view, this makes the most sense. Walt simply has to destroy what gave rise to Heisenburg in the first place.

Based on what I've seen so far, Walt won't be destroying Jesse. It'll be Jesse who destroys Walt. When Jesse finds out how much he's been played, his own Heisenburg will be unleashed.

Or not.

From a literary point of view, this makes the most sense. Walt simply has to destroy what gave rise to Heisenburg in the first place.

Based on what I've seen so far, Walt won't be destroying Jesse. It'll be Jesse who destroys Walt. When Jesse finds out how much he's been played, his own Heisenburg will be unleashed.

Or not.

I think Jesse's transformation might be even more dangerous than his own Heisenberg. Walt has teetered off the edge of morality. When Jesse is under the gun, he teeters on the edge of sanity.

I think Jesse's transformation might be even more dangerous than his own Heisenberg. Walt has teetered off the edge of morality. When Jesse is under the gun, he teeters on the edge of sanity.

Very interesting insight. And I agree.

Of course, given Gilligan's propensity for the unexpected, none of what I think will happen with these characters will end up being the case. The manipulation of Jesse by Walt is so obvious that thinking they must have a showdown is almost too convenient. I think there are scenarios where Walt ends up saving Jesse's life and vice-versa and both end up tearing the business down after going to war over it with Mike and others.

The only thing I'm convinced of is that Walt has to lose his family or at least come very close to it before he can come back from the precipice. If there is any coming back.

Anyway, I'll be happy with anything Gilligan decides to do. Just so long as Walt doesn't end up waking up next to Bob Newhart after a long dream sequence.

Edited by K-9

Very interesting insight. And I agree.

Of course, given Gilligan's propensity for the unexpected, none of what I think will happen with these characters will end up being the case. The manipulation of Jesse by Walt is so obvious that thinking they must have a showdown is almost too convenient. I think there are scenarios where Walt ends up saving Jesse's life and vice-versa and both end up tearing the business down after going to war over it with Mike and others.

The only thing I'm convinced of is that Walt has to lose his family or at least come very close to it before he can come back from the precipice. If there is any coming back.

Anyway, I'll be happy with anything Gilligan decides to do. Just so long as Walt doesn't end up waking up next to Bob Newhart after a long dream sequence.

Agreed.

It doesn't need to be expected, per se, but if Walt isn't punished in some way then it's a cop out. He's too far over the edge to just take his money and get out of Dodge.

Most people expect Walt to die, but I think it's very possible we see prison bars closing on him instead. For a guy like Walt, what could be worse than life behind bars? Or maybe his kids die.

Agreed.

It doesn't need to be expected, per se, but if Walt isn't punished in some way then it's a cop out. He's too far over the edge to just take his money and get out of Dodge.

Most people expect Walt to die, but I think it's very possible we see prison bars closing on him instead. maybe his kids die.

That would lend itself more to Gilligan's supposed willingness to do a "Breaking Bad" movie...

Agreed.

Most people expect Walt to die, but I think it's very possible we see prison bars closing on him instead. For a guy like Walt, what could be worse than life behind bars? Or maybe his kids die.

Or maybe Marie ends up missing. Then Hank chases Walt into the forest and finds some creepy room with red curtains. After a trippy chase sequence filled with characters back from the dead and a dancing Walt Jr, Gomez finds Marie and Hank in the woods.

Flash forward abit when Hank is asking if Marie is OK. Then he goes into the bathroom and starts laughing "Is Marie OK?". Hank looks in the mirror and sees Heisenberg, then he smashes his head into the glass

Edited by /dev/null

Or maybe Marie ends up missing. Then Hank chases Walt into the forest and finds some creepy room with red curtains. After a trippy chase sequence filled with characters back from the dead and a dancing Walt Jr, Gomez finds Marie and Hank in the woods.

Flash forward abit when Hank is asking if Marie is OK. Then he goes into the bathroom and starts laughing "Is Marie OK?". Hank looks in the mirror and sees Heisenberg, then he smashes his head into the glass

:lol:

:worthy:

I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything just now.

The scene between Walt and Skylar is hard to watch. When she said I was waiting for the cancer to come back, we all couldn't believe she said that.

Jesse is almost too likable now. They say the best way to rise to the top is to butter up the competition and make yourself look as less threatening as possible. I gotta feeling Jesse is going to take Walt out at some point.

Way too much Skyler.

That's really the only qualm I have about this show...whether it's that crazy biatch Marie's cleptomaniacal nonsense or Skylar's psychotic submersion into the pool, I've had enough of these two. When we saw Hank leading his team to Lydia's office and then back at the DEA building, I was really getting into this...I want to see Hank keep sniffing that scent cause I love how that tension has built up in the past when he comes within a hair of crossing paths with Heisenberg. But then we have to start hearing Miss Infidelity whine about the "environment" her kids are in and then basically stabbing Walt in the back with her comment about his cancer. It's time for Walt to put a call into Heisenberg...cause like he said, nothing will derail this train.

That's really the only qualm I have about this show...whether it's that crazy biatch Marie's cleptomaniacal nonsense or Skylar's psychotic submersion into the pool, I've had enough of these two. When we saw Hank leading his team to Lydia's office and then back at the DEA building, I was really getting into this...I want to see Hank keep sniffing that scent cause I love how that tension has built up in the past when he comes within a hair of crossing paths with Heisenberg. But then we have to start hearing Miss Infidelity whine about the "environment" her kids are in and then basically stabbing Walt in the back with her comment about his cancer. It's time for Walt to put a call into Heisenberg...cause like he said, nothing will derail this train.

Well we [as men] can't understand this, but I honestly think M/S are plugged in to make the show appeal to women. The moods,upset looks and fashion [Oh did you see what she was wearing?] factor all appeal to woman.

Let Woman watch Oprah. I want my show back.

Thoughts on last night's episode...

http://www.entertainment-bureau.com/breaking-bad-review-episode-5-04-fifty-one/2787

Well we [as men] can't understand this, but I honestly think M/S are plugged in to make the show appeal to women. The moods,upset looks and fashion [Oh did you see what she was wearing?] factor all appeal to woman.

Let Woman watch Oprah. I want my show back.

The men on this show are prone to their moods and upset looks too. :P

I'm on record for not hating the female characters, but I can't deny that episodes with Walt at home aren't nearly as compelling as episodes with Walt on the job.

No way. The upset/shocked/dismayed/whiny/weepy/nervous breakdown M/S twins?

Very poor episode. Way too much Skyler.

Don't forget about Lydia. She seems a little to frazzled to be such a key piece to the new business

I'll wait and see how the rest of the season plays out before assigning a poor grade to this episode. It just had the feel of transitional episode moving the pieces into position for the final 3 episodes of this half season