I just started and finished watching Breaking Bad

The Poojer

Quite an episode. Loved the wide shots of the countryside. I laughed when Lydia called Mike "!@#$" when they learned that it was the Houston DEA agents who put the tracking devices on the methylmine barrels.

How about Hank being so squeamish about Walt pouring his heart out he had to leave the room. Walt can manipulate even Hank now.

Nothing in the preview really tipped off what might be in store. I'm hoping the Marie/Skylar sneak peek is just a throw-away scene like the one with Walt Jr. was this week. The insider podcast had one tip:

There will be some dark humor in the next episode. Seems odd after the cold-blooded killing of a kid but whatever.

Also - remember we still have the ricin behind the outlet plate.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You had posted earlier that episodes 5 and 7 would have the "holy crap" moments. I think the Holy Crap moment in Episode 7 will involve the Ricin

Could be. The bloggers love to talk about "Chekov's ___". Season 5 is being treated as 16 episodes broken into two sets of 8. We know that ricin has to come back, but will it be by episode 8? Probably. If your theory is correct, then episode 7 (title via IMDB "Say My Name") is the explosion & episode 8 will be the denouement of the first half of the season.

I hate waiting a whole week for another episode. Also - "The Newsroom" was pretty good last night. Sorkin might have found his fastball.

Could be. The bloggers love to talk about "Chekov's ___". Season 5 is being treated as 16 episodes broken into two sets of 8. We know that ricin has to come back, but will it be by episode 8? Probably. If your theory is correct, then episode 7 (title via IMDB "Say My Name") is the explosion & episode 8 will be the denouement of the first half of the season.

I hate waiting a whole week for another episode. Also - "The Newsroom" was pretty good last night. Sorkin might have found his fastball.

Or so they say. Are seasons defined now by thematic elements rather than simply hiatuses?

I'm guessing that Walt can't exactly tell Skyler about this w/o getting a little red in the face vis. her argument that violence is inherent in Walt's new business, hence her wanti 'Flynn' and the baby to stay with Hank and Marie. I mean, while I dislike Skyler and her idiot methods, you can't disagree with her essential premise. Walt, for some reason, is ineptly trying to sell that from now on, little or no bad will happen and death won't be linger around... either that or he thought he could divorce the violence now that he's in charge, flying in the face of everything that had happened in the past year. This incident is going to have to make him rethink this.

We revisit a little bit of the neuroticism and obsessiveness of "Fly" as Walt keeps pumping until even aft the train starts moving, despite the protestations of EVERYONE else involved. MIke saying to get out of there? Wave him off. Walt wants 1,000 gallons and 1,000 gallons he shall get no matter what it may risk or whom it may hurt. Not 900 gallons, not 990 as the guys get back in the train engine. One thousand! I'm Walter White slash Heisenberg, B word!

Walt gets more and more erratic. And because Mike has guys to pay, risks are taken. One day, everthing will not magically fall into place. Walt is headed toward a bad end. Skyler has said she's in it with him. In my vision for how the series will conclude, I had thought before about Hank and Marie winding up taking care of the kids. More than a couple of days, tho and questions will be asked and Hank's antenna is going to go up no matter how Walt tries to fool him with the act.

Could be. The bloggers love to talk about "Chekov's ___". ...

Chekov's Gun. If there's a gun visible on the set, it will... or should, according to this style of scripting/playwriting... have a purpose or be used in the story.

WRT Newsroom and Sorkin... that's usually the point in a series run where he gets busted for cocaine.

Or so they say. Are seasons defined now by thematic elements rather than simply hiatuses?

The write up was great. Keep it coming :)

I love this show. I'm going to be out of town for the 7th and 8th episodes and it sucks I have to wait to see those two :(

The M60 is a crew served weapon consisting of a gunner, an assistant gunner and an ammo bearer. The gun itself is 23+ pounds, I doubt the cancer-riddled (cough) Walt will be toting that sucker anywhere. He's most likely to be using it as a last-stand weapon against approaching foes - probably a lot of foes (DEA agents?). It will be interesting to see just how he gets himself in such a situation. No doubt that Chrysler 300 will suffer.

Nonsense. It's Hollywood . A mini gun is a hand held weapon. A M-60 is just a boot pistol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=403aklHwL9g

So what game did AP play? They showed the "C'mon Down", the guess the price round, and Showcase Showdown, but not his game in between

Call it a hunch, but I think we need to all be on the lookout for AP's Price is Right bit to show up somewhere in an episode. Maybe sometime when Junior is having a late breakfast

So what game did AP play? They showed the "C'mon Down", the guess the price round, and Showcase Showdown, but not his game in between

Call it a hunch, but I think we need to all be on the lookout for AP's Price is Right bit to show up somewhere in an episode. Maybe sometime when Junior is having a late breakfast

It'll probably be episode 7, "Plinko".

No doubt this show is getting increasingly proud of its "Hitchcock stains." And with that, a ridiculous theory:

Obviously, we're not done with the watch Jesse gave to Walt. Is it possible, as the series progresses, we'll learn that Mike (by persuading Jesse, or perhaps not) is tracking Walt with something imbedded in the watch? I know, dumb theory, since Walt is under know obligation to wear the watch besides showing his loyalty to Jesse. But I still think there's something fishy there. Sorry if this has already been discussed.