I just started and finished watching Breaking Bad

The Poojer

What does the hen possess and why should I chatter with it? :P

Remember how emotionally devastated Jesse was through seasons 3 and 4? Was that also content more appropriate for Oprah?

All I'm saying is that this isn't an action show, it's a human drama with a focus on criminal activity. The assertion that women viewers just can't enjoy it without women crying to one another is way off base.

Then why do we need to endure it? What is the point of boring weeping/moaning/crying scenes? Jeese got ticked, sure, but rather then pull out a hanky he said s*** and moved on.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Then why do we need to endure it? What is the point of boring weeping/moaning/crying scenes? Jeese got ticked, sure, but rather then pull out a hanky he said s*** and moved on.

Jesse did actually cry quite a bit. Now, Aaron Paul is a superior actor to...well, basically everybody on the show. Maybe tied with Cranston.

You guys should enjoy/discuss the show how you wish. Didn't mean to say otherwise. Just seems as if the Skyler stuff dominates the conversation.

Besides, didn't you see in the preview for Sunday's episode that Walt isn't in the meth business? He's in the EMPIRE business....and in that business there is no room for tedious marital nonsense.

This, I can be on board with. The plot has moved to a point where the "Walter at home" business seems languid.

You see, I'm just a natural defender of actors/actresses and I think Anna Gunn and Betsy Brandt have taken great strides over the last 5 years in actualizing their characters.

Why do you assume that just because Jim and I want either her head blown off or for her to be dissolved in a vat of acid (note: these do not necessarily have to be mutually exclusive) that we object to her presence on the show?

:lol: Sage likes the days of our lives/as the world turns stuff. We do not. Man you are on a roll :lol:

Jesse did actually cry quite a bit. Now, Aaron Paul is a superior actor to...well, basically everybody on the show. Maybe tied with Cranston.

You guys should enjoy/discuss the show how you wish. Didn't mean to say otherwise. Just seems as if the Skyler stuff dominates the conversation.

This, I can be on board with. The plot has moved to a point where the "Walter at home" business seems languid.

You see, I'm just a natural defender of actors/actresses and I think Anna Gunn and Betsy Brandt have taken great strides over the last 5 years in actualizing their characters.

Oh, well let me clarify then....I'm having fun on a CHARACTER level only...I, too, find both actresses phenomenal...I just want their characters to slip and fall into a giant Ron Popeil vegematic :) In real life I would never wish for an ounce of harm to come to a single hair on their lovely bodies.

:lol: Sage likes the days of our lives/as the world turns stuff. We do not. Man you are on a roll :lol:

:lol: I think we're 100% justified in being a little selfish and wanting the limited amount of time we have left with the world of Heisenberg to be spent focusing on the most entertaining and intriguing elements...there's just no room for these two in that world anymore dammit!!!

I am clearly alone with Sage on this, but I enjoy what Skyler and Marie add to the show actually. They are the variables in the show and the most likely to blow the lid off the whole thing. I'm finding it hard to put into words exactly what else I enjoy about them, but I can honestly find very little wrong with anything Gilligan has done with this show.

It does sometimes get a little tiring to only see discussions of Skyler and Marie on here (as I add to the list of those comments and make my point moot :bag: )

On another note though, I have really enjoyed this thread (S/M dominated or not B-) ) and seeing everyone else's point of view on the show. :thumbsup:

I am clearly alone with Sage on this, but I enjoy what Skyler and Marie add to the show actually. They are the variables in the show and the most likely to blow the lid off the whole thing. I'm finding it hard to put into words exactly what else I enjoy about them, but I can honestly find very little wrong with anything Gilligan has done with this show.

It does sometimes get a little tiring to only see discussions of Skyler and Marie on here (as I add to the list of those comments and make my point moot :bag: )

On another note though, I have really enjoyed this thread (S/M dominated or not B-) ) and seeing everyone else's point of view on the show. :thumbsup:

Well, if you were dating a girl who was the picture of perfection and in seemingly excellent health, but then one day you happen to be sharing a moment of intimacy and notice a small little herpetic lesion on her privates, do you think you'd spend most of your time focusing on how beautiful and great-smelling her hair was? Or would that unwelcome little imperfection be getting the majority of your attention? I don't want to speak for Jim and anyone else who may also be of similar mind on this, but for me, I'm pretty much focused on getting rid of the thing.

But out of respect for my fellow TBD'ers, I will refrain from making any further comment on the girls until such time as there are new developments that may be pertinent to the discussion.

Well, if you were dating a girl who was the picture of perfection and in seemingly excellent health, but then one day you happen to be sharing a moment of intimacy and notice a small little herpetic lesion on her privates, do you think you'd spend most of your time focusing on how beautiful and great-smelling her hair was? Or would that unwelcome little imperfection be getting the majority of your attention? I don't want to speak for Jim and anyone else who may also be of similar mind on this, but for me, I'm pretty much focused on getting rid of the thing.

But out of respect for my fellow TBD'ers, I will refrain from making any further comment on the girls until such time as there are new developments that may be pertinent to the discussion.

:w00t: You gotta love the imperfections too? You're making it really hard for me to support my opinion with that analogy. Damn you male nurses...

I also will take that pledge.

Till their bullet riddled bodies are turned to organic slurry and head into the sewer.

Then I will howl with joy :w00t:

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

:w00t: You gotta love the imperfections too? You're making it really hard for me to support my opinion with that analogy. Damn you male nurses...

LOL!

I also will take that pledge.

Till their bullet riddled bodies are turned to organic slurry and head into the sewer.

Then I will howl with joy :w00t:

:lol:

Difference is Jesse actually does useful things and is critical to the enterprise. I can put up with his moods.

Skylar does what? cry, hold the baby and give $600,000 to her boyfriend?

Whoops I broke my pledge :bag:

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

Nobody likes Skylar. She does all kinds of stupid schit that pisses people off. She finds creative new ways to piss away money. She doesn't know when to shut up

So how do you deal with her? Do you cut her off and hope she doesn't spill the beans on your corrupt little enterprise? Do you whack her? Do you placate her and hope she doesn't say enough to implicate the rest of the crew?

Skylar is Breaking Bad's version of Joe Biden

Edited by /dev/null

Nobody likes Skylar. She does all kinds of stupid schit that pisses people off. She finds creative new ways to piss away money. She doesn't know when to shut up

So how do you deal with her? Do you cut her off and hope she doesn't spill the beans on your corrupt little enterprise? Do you whack her? Do you placate her and hope she doesn't say enough to implicate the rest of the crew?

Skylar is Breaking Bad's version of Joe Biden

:lol:

Watching 48hrs...guess who shows up in the first few mins playing a detective? That's right...our boy Mike! Pretty funny seeing him when he was that much younger...and with more hair...sorta.

Uggh... we need Skylar & Marie. A requirement of drama is conflict. They create conflict. They're both good actresses because they can emote without even saying words. This show is awash in great actors. Dean Norris (Hank) is a Harvard grad and can pull off anything that is required of him - he was one of the guys chasing Tom Cruise in "The Firm" and hardly said a word. Like Bryan Cranston, he can fill a scene with just the look on his face.

Anyway, we're going to have to deal with the fallout of Todd murdering (that's what it is) a kid on a dirt-bike - and who didn't ride a dirt-bike back in the day? Counting the hours until tonight's episode. Has anyone done the "two screen experience"? I was thinking of trying that tonight.