I just started and finished watching Breaking Bad

The Poojer

What a great perspective...

In response to Mike messing up and that being un-mike-like...Mike's been messing up over and over this season. Mike is good, but he's good in a controlled atmosphere and in making sure that controlled atmosphere is what he's working with. Walt changes the game. Walt is chaos, oddly enough he thrives in chaos...and Mike can't lock things down. Also...as for turning his back on Walt...c'mon now who in the world would think Walt would kill Mike...

Behind the scenes on Mike's death and goodbye to the crew...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYwQ7mW_JHE&list=FLJcAGGviXfI58PvYeu1JWdA&feature=mh_lolz

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very tense episode. You can feel things are about to start boiling over.

Mike and Walt's relationship is getting more and more strained

No way. Putting a gun to someone's head and yelling " 1 2 3" is a strained relationship?

You know, it occurred to me watching the clip that TheNewBills posted that there was a gun drawn between Walt and Mike three times

In Live Free or Die, Mike draws on Walt but Jesse intervenes. Mike keeps his composure and the situation is diffused

In Buyout, Mike again draws on Walt and counts to three. ONE...TWO...but never gets to three. Jesse again intervenes, Mike regains his composure and the situation is diffused

The third time it's Walt who draws. Impulsive as ever, and without Jesse to temper the situation, it's Walt who takes the shot

!@#$ Walter

This is what makes this show so awesome, making the protagonist more and more unlikable as the series progresses. Nobody was saying "!@#$ Walt" in session 1, we were rooting for him.

And yes, I think his grand daughters money was confiscated. The lawyer had flipped and has no compunction on giving up Mike.

I'm not so sure. The DEA was clued in on the 9 guys, so they find 9 drop boxes and they're happy. No reason for the lawyer or banker to point out the extra box that no one is looking for.

That's a good point...I've always wondered about those lock boxes and if they are completely private. I couldn't tell if the lady locked the door behind her or if anyone could just walk in while he was dishing out the green.

Yes, they are private. I think we can make the assumption that the DEA staked out the bank and watched him go in for a prior drop and then got a warrant.

The laundry manager would be able to recognize Walt & Jesse as the guys who showed up each day and entered the Super Lab. That's the only one I could think of that could implicate him.

True, but since Walt and Jesse aren't on anyone's radar as suspects, a visual ID is limited in value until they bust Walt. But I agree Walt is beyond taking chances so he will move on the 9.

I don't think Walt was planning on killing Mike when he made that call. The opportunity arose when Walt opened the grab bag

I don't think Walt planned on killing him at all, I think he just go so fired up by Mike's refusal to give up his guys and then laying into Walt for screwing everything up. It was more of a snap reaction, and shows what Walt is now capable of in a moment of anger.

RIP Mike. Sad to see you go.

Edited by KD in CT

So these 9 guys that need "taking care of"...will that be a major plot point of next year's season? Or do you think there will be something of a Michael Corleone at the christening scene in Sunday's finale?

I think it will be a Coreleone Baptism/Goodfellas Layla montage

Mike reminded me of "the wolf" in Pulp Fiction. The guy could do it all, and he was right to a degree if Walt just shut his mouth and let Gus Fring do his thing then they could have gotten paid with lower risk to a degree. Mike was a great charecter what a great job that actor did.

Walt is turning into Gus, and IMO turns less and less likeable with each episode

Love seeing the new "jesse" otherwise knows as Landry from Friday night lights (another awesome show most missed)

Good stuff can't wait to see the finale. And Hank Schrader is the man! The guy cracks me up for some reason

I think an earlier version of Mike wouldn't have done that but he was clearly in transition. He just wanted out. What Mike conveyed more than anything lately was resignation to the situation. Like he said in the season opener, "We're boned." He was down to "no measures" let alone half measures and full measures.

Anybody else struck by the irony of Walt being the one to warn Mike of the impending bust at the park?

That was pretty ironic......Mike was a Pro, flawless execution in everything always. I think he was my favorite charecter. He was so much of a pro he knew when it was time to get out. Would have liked to see him get on a plane and end up on a beach far far away.....brutal ending.....Walt's going down is what seems to be the end game here IMO.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Mike reminded me of "the wolf" in Pulp Fiction. The guy could do it all, and he was right to a degree if Walt just shut his mouth and let Gus Fring do his thing then they could have gotten paid with lower risk to a degree. Mike was a great charecter what a great job that actor did.

Walt is turning into Gus, and IMO turns less and less likeable with each episode

Love seeing the new "jesse" otherwise knows as Landry from Friday night lights (another awesome show most missed)

Good stuff can't wait to see the finale. And Hank Schrader is the man! The guy cracks me up for some reason

That was pretty ironic......Mike was a Pro, flawless execution in everything always. I think he was my favorite charecter. He was so much of a pro he knew when it was time to get out. Would have liked to see him get on a plane and end up on a beach far far away.....brutal ending.....Walt's going down is what seems to be the end game here IMO.

And yet very elegant at the same time. "Shut the f*ck up and let me die in peace." Moments later he keels over and the camera pans up to show the sun reflecting on the river. Just a superb scene all the way around.

And yeah, I'm seriously gonna miss Mike's character. I hope we see more of him and Gus in flashback episodes. It's funny you mentioned Pulp Fiction because when my brother and I were discussing the character he said that Mike reminded him of a character that would be in a Quinton Tatantino movie.

And yet very elegant at the same time. "Shut the f*ck up and let me die in peace." Moments later he keels over and the camera pans up to show the sun reflecting on the river. Just a superb scene all the way around.

And yeah, I'm seriously gonna miss Mike's character. I hope we see more of him and Gus in flashback episodes. It's funny you mentioned Pulp Fiction because when my brother and I were discussing the character he said that Mike reminded him of a character that would be in a Quinton Tatantino movie.

Easily.....Mike was deeeeeeeeeeeeep. RIP buddy he's almost as good as Boyd Crowder on justified. Wheres the justified thread at? that show rules

I just re-watched the clip that NewBills posted...does anyone else think it's really cool when you see how much different the actor is in real life vs the character he plays? Seems like J.Banks is a very emotional, humble man...possible the complete opposite of Mike is several key ways...I just find that very interesting and it seems to almost give me even more respect for the skill of this particular actor.

I just re-watched the clip that NewBills posted...does anyone else think it's really cool when you see how much different the actor is in real life vs the character he plays? Seems like J.Banks is a very emotional, humble man...possible the complete opposite of Mike is several key ways...I just find that very interesting and it seems to almost give me even more respect for the skill of this particular actor.

Much like Giancarlo "Gus" Espisito.

PTR

Much like Giancarlo "Gus" Espisito.

PTR

Oh really? That should be interesting...I'll have to check out some of his interviews at AMC.com

I think it will be a Coreleone Baptism/Goodfellas Layla montage

Agree. Todd's Uncle gona whack them all. This + new meth deal w/ new guys + jessie + hank + wifey....all going to ultimatley bring Walt down next year. Or try.

I think it's setting itself up to literally be scareface. But they may go a twist since it's becoming so obvious. Hard to tell but they really are leaving no redemption and no way out so I wouldn't be shocked if everyone goes down but Walt. IMO Walt Jr. kills himself in a car crash speeding w/ Walt's gift, Skyler cracks completely and does something to take Walt down telling Hank...Hank somehow breaks law to go after him while torn and unsure wtf is going on...Jessie does something stupid...the new meth people Walt is w/ get involved and chaos ensues and like usual Walt is the only man to come out of the cluster !@#$ alive and well. Like I said smart money on obvious scareface ending...but I'm going chaos comes and in the end Walt walks away last man standing....like only Walt can...which is why we still love him.

Edited by TheNewBills

I think it's setting itself up to literally be scareface.

The events leading to Tony Montana's downfall was that he underestimated his new partners. He didn't uphold his part of the deal by killing that guy who was speaking to the UN and instead killed the silent hitman (coincidentally played by Hector)

Walt has new partners in Phoenix and possibly another new partner in prison. We've seen Walt's ego now. Walt's ability to manipulate and think on his feet has always been up close and in person. Will he be able to do so in a long distance relationsihp?

Tony had also driven off his sister and partner (who coincidentally was played by the same actor that played the Don who Gus poisoned) who found comfort together.

Notice how Skylar and Jesse have been re-introduced to each other? I'm not saying there will be a romantic relationship. But they've both been driven off by Walt and want to get out. Perhaps they find a common purpose and begin working together?

Yeah, definitely doing the "Mr. Chips to Scarface" evolution as Vince Gilligan said.

Walt's innocence and vulnerability give way to hubris and paranoia until there is only Heisenberg. Heisenberg will have to kill that which Walt sought to protect the most. He has to destroy his family.

What's been bothering me though is in that foreshadowing open to this season, that looked like anybody but Heisenberg in that diner. From the regrown hair to his meek demeanor to his longing look at the '52' made out of bacon.

And then he scores that M60. It's bugging the crap out of me.

Damn you Vince Gilligan.

I think Jim and AJ are going to cum in their collective panties when Walt kills Skylar....the show is about Walter White "breaking bad"...not everyone else. He sold his soul to the devil to protect his family, and in the end, he loses them because of it. As Ryan said (I think) earlier, he is becoming less and less likable or empathetic with each passing week.

I think Jim and AJ are going to cum in their collective panties when Walt kills Skylar....the show is about Walter White "breaking bad"...not everyone else. He sold his soul to the devil to protect his family, and in the end, he loses them because of it. As Ryan said (I think) earlier, he is becoming less and less likable or empathetic with each passing week.

Oh I will enjoy it for sure. And yes Walt is getting irritating. When he kept going on about the new cook that he and Jeese where going to do, even though Jeese had made it as plain as day he wanted out, I was mentally screaming HAVE YOU HEARD A WORD JEESE HAS BEEN SAYING TO YOU?

lol...the ironic thing would be if Walt finally gets around to that, but it's like episode 8 of the 2nd mini-season so I can't even enjoy his handy work!

Oh I will enjoy it for sure. And yes Walt is getting irritating. When he kept going on about the new cook that he and Jeese where going to do, even though Jeese had made it as plain as day he wanted out, I was mentally screaming HAVE YOU HEARD A WORD JEESE HAS BEEN SAYING TO YOU?

Absolutely...Walt has hit new heights of selfishness with regard to Jesse. If he was willing to allow Jesse to run his own, separate cook, then clearly Walt can replace Jesse with Lance without too much of a problem. I keep going back to Walt's very intense comment to Jesse about how he's in the "empire business". Well, when you think about the sort of environment that exists in an empire, it doesn't bode well for Jesse to do something that would like like AWOL status to Walt.