The Poojer

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, needless to say my guesses were wrong :oops:

That was a very intriguing episode to say the least. Things are a lot more up in the air now than I recall them being for quite some time. I am really curious as to what Heisenberg's plan actually is. More great stuff from Gilligan :thumbsup:

One of the most sobering opens to an episode I can remember. Gut wrenching stuff.

Lots of intrigue indeed tonight. Very intense, even through some of the comedic relief with Jesse having dinner with Walt and Skyler. Looks like Walt is going to reenter the danger zone by working/competing with the Phoenix meth dealers.

Interesting backfill on the story about Gray Matter and how that motivates Walt. He's been a bitter man for much longer than I thought.

Not enough Sky and Marie tonight, though.

Edited by K-9

Honestly the way this season is going this may go down as the all time greatest drama on TV. I would never have said that before but this season, this last season...has been absolutely brilliant. By far the best of the series it's only gotten better somehow. I'm in awe. Love this season so far. (except skylar)

Not enough Sky and Marie tonight, though.

LOL!

Wow, I LOVED that episode...friggin Heisenberg....I think it's pretty clear that Walter White no longer exists...he's pretty made the full transition by now. Jesse's approach was exactly the right one, but unfortunately "Mr White" is a lost cause...this is a very dangerous time for Jesse, because any fatherly type of overtures that Walt makes toward him are clearly for selfish reasons...that became clear tonight when Jesse "tried to take away the only thing Walt had left....the business". Jesse is a young guy with a chance to actually come out of this unscathed with a cool 5 mil to show for his efforts. If Heisenberg had ANY concern for Jesse at all..any OUNCE of care...he'd want Jesse to get out instead of layign the guilt trip down on him. Jesse needs to watch his back big time.

LMAO@the dinner conversation...Jesse owned those few minutes...resorting to "scabby lasagna" in order to break the tension lol.

Mike's gamble to brign Saul in to give them a 24 hr window has obviously blown up in their faces, courtesy of Heisenberg...if there was a need for even more reason to bail on this empire, it's the increased DEA heat that is about to come down on top of their heads. Seems clear to me that by the end of this mini-season, Hank will come face to face with the identity of Heisenberg...

Bad things, man....baaaaaaad things!!

Does anyone know if there is ANY chance of a full season 6? Or are these two mini-seasons definitley the end? I'm truly goign to hate saying goodbye to this show...

The dinner scene with Jesse trying to play it cool and make smalltalk (and try and crawl up into his water glass to get away) was fantastic - had me rolling - absolutely brilliant by Aaron Paul...

Couldn't agree more....you could tell he was having a blast with that scene.

Honestly the way this season is going this may go down as the all time greatest drama on TV. I would never have said that before but this season, this last season...has been absolutely brilliant. By far the best of the series it's only gotten better somehow. I'm in awe. Love this season so far. (except skylar)

I feel the exact same way. This show has climbed my all-time greatest charts pretty rapidly...I can easily say I've never seen a BETTER show than this in my 40 years...there are a couple others that can remain in the conversation, but it's impossible for me to say I've seen a better show than Breaking Bad.

LOL!

Wow, I LOVED that episode...friggin Heisenberg....I think it's pretty clear that Walter White no longer exists...he's pretty made the full transition by now.

You're right Mr White is gone. Turning down 5 mill? Looks like his only concern now is making up for the billions " That's with a b Jesse" he lost by selling out in grey matter.

You're right Mr White is gone. Turning down 5 mill? Looks like his only concern now is making up for the billions " That's with a b Jesse" he lost by selling out in grey matter.

Yep, he's becoming even more power hungry and irrational....can't wait to see where this goes!

Yep, he's becoming even more power hungry and irrational....can't wait to see where this goes!

I think it made him even more so when he understood that other suppliers wanted "his" blue off the market as much as they wanted the Methylamine.

This has become his new self identity, I am the best meth cooker in the world, cost and consequences be danmed.

I think it made him even more so when he understood that other suppliers wanted "his" blue off the market as much as they wanted the Methylamine.

This has become his new self identity, I am the best meth cooker in the world, cost and consequences be danmed.

Definitely...I love that he's like that, too...Heisenberg has no boundaries anymore...he's completely unpredictable and will go to any lengths to carry out his desires...Jesse really needs to gtfo

Definitely...I love that he's like that, too...Heisenberg has no boundaries anymore...he's completely unpredictable and will go to any lengths to carry out his desires...Jesse really needs to gtfo

Jesse is not going anywhere. When Mike puts the gun to Walts head Jesse-"Mike he's got a plan! We get the 5 mill and he get's his meth!" Walt "We all win."

What ever scheme Walt cooked up looks like Jesse thinks it has merit.

Very tense episode. You can feel things are about to start boiling over.

Mike and Walt's relationship is getting more and more strained

Skylar doesn't seem too happy that Walt told Marie about the affair. Walt betrayed her secret, will she betray his? Plus she is hitting the bottle, making her that much more unstable

DEA is going to start leaning on Mike hard after the restraining order

And I think the Phoenix deal goes badly. So badly, that they will be the reason Walt feels the need to buy an M60

And the dinner scene with Jesse and Skylar. :lol: Brilliant!

Very tense episode. In half the scenes, I was expecting a major character to bite the dust.

Question: Why can't super chemistry genius Walt synthesize methylamine himself? And if he can, isn't the batch of the product just a MacGuffin?

Possible the ingredients to make methylamine are as hard to come by as methylamine it's self.

not possibly, definitely.

As in most chemical pathways, there are multiple ways to get to the end point. Methylamine is just one way, and is easier and faster than cooking using Psuedo. It would be much harder and impractical to make methylamine first...

not possibly, definitely.

As in most chemical pathways, there are multiple ways to get to the end point. Methylamine is just one way, and is easier and faster than cooking using Psuedo. It would be much harder and impractical to make methylamine first...

I've seen a few posts online from people who claim to be educated in chemistry say that the yield on the process for Walt to synthesize his own methylamine would be far lower than what it would be if he had access to large, heavy industrial equipment to work with. Thus the amount of chemical he would have to obtain to make his own would be to the point where it just wasn't as feasible as stealing it in its ready form.

My thoughts on last night's episode "Buyout"...

http://www.entertain...-06-buyout/2918

Thanks, as always, to those who read. :)

Good stuff as always, Sage.

Aaron Paul really conveyed Jesse's incredulity at Walt's whistling just moments after lamenting the murder of the little boy on the dirtbike. I was struck by that.

Walt is gone for now. I say "for now" because in that cold open to start this season, that appears to be more Walt than Heisenburg in the diner. Hair grown, no bravado. Almost a quiet resignation of sorts.

And then he acquires an M60, so WTF do I know?

Good stuff as always, Sage.

Aaron Paul really conveyed Jesse's incredulity at Walt's whistling just moments after lamenting the murder of the little boy on the dirtbike. I was struck by that.

Walt is gone for now. I say "for now" because in that cold open to start this season, that appears to be more Walt than Heisenburg in the diner. Hair grown, no bravado. Almost a quiet resignation of sorts.

And then he acquires an M60, so WTF do I know?

Best show ever. I'll be able to catch up with the remaining two episodes on September 9th. I'm sure it will live up to the hype of that opening scene in episode 1.